Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Technical Queries & Solutions

I have a 2008 WagonR that has run 48000 km. There is a clatter noise from the engine on slight acceleration which is present only during running. But at the same time when I depress the clutch and accelerate the sound is not present. MASS isn’t able to identify the source. Will Throttle body and injector cleaning solve the problem? The Mileage and performance of the car is not affected. I have used IFTEX system G since past 500kms and the clatter has reduced to some extent but is still present.

Last edited:
Dear seniors.
I have wagon r , four year old , in a very new condition. It had hardly cover 30000km. Today i went to maruti service centre for my fouth service. But out my shock they had made bill of ₹11085.
I am attaching complete bill. Please have a look. Plus they also had a scheme of free wheel alignment and rubbing polishing. With all that it cost me so much. Please tell me if there's anything which i shouldn't have opted.

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have you taken any warranty schemes other than the Original warranty comes from Maruti?

The bill seems inflated. Did they inform you before doing all these works and got your authorisation?

It seems you have already paid the bill. You should have objected and asked for details/clarification. If needed, you should have photographed the bill and sent to Maruti for clarification. Even if you have paid the amount and took delivery of the car, still you can lodge a protest with Maruti customer care along with the bill.

Let's see what others have to say ?

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing well.

I have a very mysterious issue with my wagon r2014 petrol.

It's returning a mileage of 9/10kmpl since the past 2 years.
I went to MASS and what they suggested is the fuel sensor is choked so fuel body needed to be cleaned. They dismantled all injectors , carburettor, and other stuff and cleaning everything. No difference in fuel economy.

They checked the OB sensor but no error was reflected on their laptop

Went to another guy. He said clutch issues. Went with clutch plate replacement with pressure plate changed too. Nothing happend
Done this twice

Still it's returning a mileage of 10kmpl

No one is able to diagnose the issue

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing well.

I have a very mysterious issue with my wagon r2014 petrol.

It's returning a mileage of 9/10kmpl since the past 2 years.
I went to MASS and what they suggested is the fuel sensor is choked so fuel body needed to be cleaned. They dismantled all injectors , carburettor, and other stuff and cleaning everything. No difference in fuel economy.

They checked the OB sensor but no error was reflected on their laptop

Went to another guy. He said clutch issues. Went with clutch plate replacement with pressure plate changed too. Nothing happend
Done this twice

Still it's returning a mileage of 10kmpl

No one is able to diagnose the issue

Please help

Thanks in advance
what is the colour of exhaust gas? Black or White ?
Does exhaust pipe shows water dropping in the morning ??

My WagonR CNG model 2015 start jerking while disengaging clutch in the 1st Gear.
The problem further increase when Engine got heat up or while AC on.

Hi Deville 56,
The bolt thread of gearbox in my 2002 F10D wagonR has ruined by some mechanic [frustration]
At the time of last clutch change now it making noise like "katt katt" when i release clutch
What can i do ?

Attaching pic for refrence

wagonR gearbox.jpeg

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi Deville 56,
The bolt thread of gearbox in my 2002 F10D wagonR has ruined by some mechanic [frustration]
At the time of last clutch change now it making noise like "katt katt" when i release clutch
What can i do ?

View attachment 286312
Actually, no clue, may be a worn bearing or wrong adjustment. Better diagnose with a good mechanic.

Hi Deville 56,
What can i do ?

View attachment 286312
At any cost do not weld and drill it . Aftermarket aluminum weld rods are not the same composition of the gear box case, it will not stick to case properly. Even if you do it should be heated to above 600 to 800 degrees temp at local repair site, this causes invisible stress in the case and some deformation can occur. Moreover there is input shaft seal inside it will deform and oil will leak.

Best methods below.

1. If 25% threads left rest damaged, just tap with same size, this cleans the debris and take very thin copper wire strands put in the bolt hole apply least grade thread locker and gently tight with new bolt only.

2. As others suggested if threads fully gone, gently drill and tap to next size.

Hello Folks,
I was coming from my hometown but there was some problem in the crank shaft and as a result, my CNG Wagon R totalled. The mechanic had to open entire engine and repair the crank and reassemble it. The car got perfectly fine after that. However, he told me that i must drive my Wagon R on petrol for 2000 km without A/C and then change the oil and then resume with CNG. i just wanted to make is it really true? Well, i am just fed up of petrol since Wagon R drinks petrol like whisky and without A/C, i will be fried potato very soon. Any expert soul, please advice?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i did more than 150,000 kms on santro cng without any engine damage.{ total crossed 200,000 kms+}
whenever you take the car out drive the car for 2kms daily on petrol and then switch to CNG.
if i were you i would say follow the mechanic's advice and then start doing what i did.

Top Bottom