Maruti Suzuki To Open Exclusive Showroom For Premium Cars

Thread Starter #1
Maruti's Ciaz, upcoimng S Cross , Premium Hatch YRA, and its CUV -YBA could be sold in these premium showrooms.
Existing dealerships will be given the option to upgrade or remain in the existing showroom ( small car tag).
In a major re-branding exercise for its premium cars, Maruti Suzuki plans to have separate showrooms for Ciaz, S Cross and XA Alpha. The company feels that the small-car maker tag is affecting the sales of its premium brands and hence it feels the need to re-position its premium cars
Maruti plans separate showrooms for premium cars | The Economic Times Video | ET Now

What advantage do they (MS) get? Having a separate showroom for Premium cars (so called[frustration]) will never remove their Small Car Manufacturer tag unless they stop the production of such cars (which is unlikely to happen) Hyundai with more premium cars (Elantra, Sonata, SanteFE) do sell everything under one roof, why not MS?[confused]

PS: So a person looking to buy a MS car should jump across showrooms hereafter?

Hi All,

I heard from My friend who visited ASS in Kochi for his Swift service that, Maruthi had reduced the rates for service and spare parts to almost half price. As per him, service will be straightly taken care by Maruthi itself later.So the incentives/benefits of excutives there will be no more there/reduced. My friend who told has has good connection with the ASS guys here. So it will not be false information. But i dont have any proof for that , thtswhy i didnt opened a seperate thread.

As per him Swift diesel 20 K Km service rate now is under Rs.4.5 K. It was earlier above 9K rs. Also they again moved to normal engine oil from Synthetic to reduce service charges.

Last edited:
I think its a good move for the customer provided Maruti ensures that the dealers provide thier staff with proper training and upgrade or revamp thier facilities, allow customers to schedule their service online and keep providing regular status updates. Premium car customers demand premium treatment. Visiting most of the MASS for service is currently a nightmare, with long waiting lines outside the service centres even after you have booked and confirmed your appointment.

^^ but here they only telling about opening Showrooms not ASS.May be for premium cars they may avoid 'Maruti' tag and mention only suzuki later i guess.

Hi All,

I heard from My friend who visited ASS in Kochi for his Swift service that, Maruthi had reduced the rates for service and spare parts to almost half price. As per him, service will be straightly taken care by Maruthi itself later.So the incentives/benefits of excutives there will be no more there/reduced. My friend who told has has good connection with the ASS guys here. So it will not be false information. But i dont have any proof for that , thtswhy i didnt opened a seperate thread.

As per him Swift diesel 20 K Km service rate now is under Rs.4.5 K. It was earlier above 9K rs. Also they again moved to normal engine oil from Synthetic to reduce service charges.
Really?? But In Vijayawada I did see prices increased bit by varun motors,
Varun motors is one of big dealers in Andhra pradesh and Hyderabad.
No such info.
May be its rolling out in phased manner
But Service is bread and butter for dealers. If its taken out from their table, nothing is on offer for them. Lets see how it plays out

rather investing in showrooms they should try to allocate some trained excecutive to deal with 10+ lakh segment and more than anything they should get better products to get a significant market share.
Better product sells in good numbers on any day rather than better advertisement which sells product for few days. Better pricing sells products everyday.

As a maruti suzuki customer i would like to see maruti have better products upmarket than what is serving right now.
All those who bought likes of Swift,i10 or other hatchbacks in the range of 5-7 lakhs will upgrade to higher segment
Atleast 10- 30% will upgrade ,thats huge numbers..
Maruti is underprepared for the change and customers shifting away from maruti.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Maruti premium dealerships in the making for S-Cross and YRA - its Premium Hatchback.

Around 35 of Maruti premium dealerships are expected to open up in a year, starting with top metros like Delhi and Mumbai. As the new range of outlets gain popularity, Maruti Suzuki is hopeful of receiving bigger, more expensive and premium cars from the parent company in Japan.

Maruti premium dealerships in the making for S-Cross, YRA

Is Maruti waiting for these premium dealerships to be up before their planned launches in the upper segments? There doesn't seem to be any news on their S-cross launch. I hope they up their build quality too and not just the dealerships.

Is Maruti waiting for these premium dealerships to be up before their planned launches in the upper segments? There doesn't seem to be any news on their S-cross launch. I hope they up their build quality too and not just the dealerships.
+1 to that ,better behaved sales force and more informed Managers.

In my personal opinion premium segment wont give an advantage to maruti suzuki,, because once the brand has positioned itself in the market with "economical car " tag and has dominated the market for several years it would be very difficult for them to reposition themselves in another segment, which is ruled by many big players like Wolkswagon, Skoda, Audi, BMW, Honda...

The words Maruti and Premium doesn't go well together.Even if they bring Premium brands I don't think they will sell them to their satisfaction.Kizashi is one example.If people want to buy premium cars they will look for Japanese or German brands.Ofcourse Suzuki is also japanese,but people look this as Indian company only.
And if you want to spend more than 15 lakhs,more people will look for exclusivity.With Maruti with so many cars on roads you don't get that exclusivity,even if it's a different brand.I don't know if it's a good idea to open separate showrooms for premium cars,only time will tell.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

In the evening today, was speaking to my uncle about ACross's launch. Casually I asked him of other news. He hinted me that the premium range of cars from Maruti Suzuki might not be having the "Maruti" badge on them. Upon listening to the details, I found it absurd that only present range like Dzire, Alto 800 will retain the badge where as future "premium" offerings may drop the Maruti Logo.

It is not confirmed as yet by official statement but ACross may come by June 2015 as he told.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Everyone deserves a chance and so does Maruti.

IMO it is a good move, they have simply decided to give the premium customers the treatment they want.

Not everyone wants to buy a car that's parked next to a small car in a dealership, adding to that Maruti Suzuki dealership experience has always been a turn off for me and nearly everytime I ended up scolding some management guy there. Why? Lack of attention customers get in their dealerships, really untrained staff most of the times and many times I have seen customers waiting to be attended.

All in all, IMO its a move that was needed to boost up the sales of their premium(If Hyundai can sell Santa Fe then why can't Maruti sell a 30 lac car?) cars.

I have seen and heard people rejecting Ciaz because they had first poor impression at dealership itself (My Father himself rejected SX-4 at the time we bought Corolla because he stood at dealership and no one came to attend in 2-3 mins and the guy who came, he also just did some sort of formality, as a result, he just rejected the brand itself without even looking at the car).

Now if someone is coming from a Honda, Toyota, VW etc dealership where they are treated like kings by a highly professional staff, and when they enter MSIL dealership where half of the staff themselves are unaware of what they are speaking most of the times (Once a sales guy said "Sir Swift DZire ZDi has the luxury of airbags"), one has to even ask for a glass of water [frustration] then why will anyone like their cars or services if they are willing to pay 10-15 lac?

All in all, its a good move to give the customers paying 10 lac a treatment they want and this is something that is gonna boost the sales too.

Top Bottom