Maruti Suzuki SX4 (Non-VVT) Jerking Between 1K - 2K RPM

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I Recently picked up a 2009 SX4 ZXI. I had been troubleshooting jerking issue in 2nd and 3rd gear below 2000 RPM, above which its doesnot jerk and feels smooth. I have some automotive experience from which replaced Ignition coils, HT cables, spark plugs, clutch,gearbox oil,battery(it was weak), also cleaned throttle body multiple times. The intensity of jerks reduced to almost 50% when the ignition coils was replaced. The jerking is so violent that it pushes you forward and back. Out of frustration i even cleaned CAM sensor . Recently i approached maruti but they were helpless. After that i had raised a concern to maruti and my car was called to service center. As per them all old M series engine have this low rpm jerk, to support their claim they sourced another 2007 sx4 from true value which had the same type of jerking issue. I havent driven any m series engine but have driven mutiple petrol powered engine from maruti both old and new but none of them jerk below 2000rpm. I tried to replicate this in 2 easily accessible petrol power which was already in my family, a 2008 alto and a 2011 wagon R none of this had the jerks. Any information regarding this would be appreciated.

Hi All,
I Recently picked up a 2009 SX4 ZXI. I had been troubleshooting jerking issue in 2nd and 3rd gear below 2000 RPM, above which its doesnot jerk and feels smooth. I have some automotive experience from which replaced Ignition coils, HT cables, spark plugs, clutch,gearbox oil,battery(it was weak), also cleaned throttle body multiple times. The intensity of jerks reduced to almost 50% when the ignition coils was replaced. The jerking is so violent that it pushes you forward and back. Out of frustration i even cleaned CAM sensor . Recently i approached maruti but they were helpless. After that i had raised a concern to maruti and my car was called to service center. As per them all old M series engine have this low rpm jerk, to support their claim they sourced another 2007 sx4 from true value which had the same type of jerking issue. I havent driven any m series engine but have driven mutiple petrol powered engine from maruti both old and new but none of them jerk below 2000rpm. I tried to replicate this in 2 easily accessible petrol power which was already in my family, a 2008 alto and a 2011 wagon R none of this had the jerks. Any information regarding this would be appreciated.
I;m not sure about this, but have you checked you O2 sensor ? Heard similar issues on Type2 City Vtec. This was a mix of both O2 sensor and some ECU issues. This was sorted out by an updated ECU on 2003 made cars. I'm not sure whether this is the same scenario here, but do check it out if you can. Also do you have any error codes ?

Thread Starter #3
no error codes. took a small test drive with disconnted O2 sensor(still jerks) . As per my understanding, if o2 sensor is not detected my ECM it would run an open loop which would be using the default fuel maps. Did the same exercise with MAP and Knock sensor with no results. Recently did a fuel pump strainer cleaning which is located in the fuel tank. It has also not shown any improvements in the jerks.

SX4 is global product in my opinion search for this trouble in international Suzuki forums, you can try Suzuki global forums google will always translate for you.

Thread Starter #5
I have done extensive searching and found a lot of others facing the same issue, but none of the threads have a solution posted in them. Either no one has found the root cause or they have not updated the thread. Any ways i decided to live with it.

Top Bottom