Maruti Suzuki SX4 ICE / Leathers

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys as i said I'm a class 11 student and rookie about in car entertainment. My sx4 vxi has become a bit old (4 years) and since I love the best so much I want put in some more in the interior
Firstly, I had installed Beige Art Leather (:frown:) don't remember the brand. So please advice on the price of Genuine as well as Art Leather Black Color.
Secondly, I want to revive it with video and Bluetooth for Hands free calling.
1. A new Head Unit that can play VCDs as well as DVDs .Must have USB , iPod Bluetooth .
2. TFT Screens for the two headrests.
Thirdly, Rear Parking Sensors

Hey Daipayan,How much amount will you be paying for the ICE setup?
Also please do post your current configuration like speakers etc.

Cheers mate[cheers]

Genuine leather seat covers cost upwards of 20k i think! Art leathers are available from 6-7k. But why you need black? SX4 has got beige interiors right?

A new HU satisfying your requirements should be available in the market from around 12-13k i guess.

TFT screens at the back of the headrests costs starts from around 3k i think and reverse parking sensors also costs somewhere around 4k.

Thread Starter #4
Hey Daipayan,How much amount will you be paying for the ICE setup?
Also please do post your current configuration like speakers etc.

Cheers mate[cheers]
15k is my budget i dont need new speakers but a new headunit capable of playing vcds and dvds and must have bluetooth. I need 2 headrest-monitors. thats it.Mine is the stock unit the same kenwood unit.

Thread Starter #5
Genuine leather seat covers cost upwards of 20k i think! Art leathers are available from 6-7k. But why you need black? SX4 has got beige interiors right?

A new HU satisfying your requirements should be available in the market from around 12-13k i guess.

TFT screens at the back of the headrests costs starts from around 3k i think and reverse parking sensors also costs somewhere around 4k.
The current selling version of the sx4 has beige but mine is a 2008 version with black beige dual tone interiors . I like black.

Is the cost of the headrest monitor you said for a pair or for just one.

Is Xovision reliable?They are pretty cheap , Just needs to be reliable

I don't know the exact prices buddy , cheap chinese brands are available at a cheap price too but not much reliable. I think Ilango can give you the exact models with their market prices.

Thread Starter #7
Sorry guys for being inactive for such a long time..
So getting back to the plan of refreshing my 4 and a half year old SX4 VXi. My dad is planning to buy me any bike within 80k. I am not that interested in going for a bike therefore i asked him if I could spend that money on the car and I use , he hardly uses it nowadays as he got a new Skoda Laura. I'll have be using this car for the next 3 years .
So I am pretty confused on what to spend that cash on. I'll list the stuff that i would prefer to have in the car :
1. CNG Kit, the mileage of the car seriously makes you cry, specially when ill be travelling atleast 20km everyday and the fuels costs have to be borne by me.
2. New tyres. Still runs on those stock JK Vectras they had been changed to a new set of the same just 2 years back Is there a need to buy a new set? I mean i dont have any complains against the present one nor do i have any craze for Low profile/big tires.
3. Black rims . Since childhood I always wanted them to be on my car.Even pain
4. HID Bi-Xenon Projector Lights the ones exactly the same on the stock Laura L&K.
5. LED DRLs. Loved it when I saw them on the new Laura VRs.
6. Leather seat covers. The present ones being as old as the car have badly worn out.
7. Black roof. Either vinyl or paint.
8. Smoked headlights. Like them but no intention to spend more than 1k on them. Do they look good on a SX4?
9. Here comes the ICEing part. I want a AV HU , which must have 6" touchscreen bluetooth ready and front USB and AUX ports.I want to go for AVN's 11 Mechless which has navigation too unlike HUS of Pioneer or Kenwood JVC. Coming to speakers I want to keep my rear stock as 99.99% of the times the rear will be unoccupied. In the front i want components but mostly 2-ways or else coaxials cause there is only a Tweeter and i guess 6.5" speaker housing in the front doors. 3-way comps will need cutting of the door panel right is that too messy? And a basic sub or I can do without it also because my Laura L&K produces superb amount of bass without a sub although it does seem to have some high end 3 x (3-way comps).
10. And ending the list with the last one and that is reverse parking assist , it can be sensors if camera is a bit costly.
Guys i know that all of the above cant be bought with my extremely strict budget. So suggest me on what should i stick to so that it gives me a better experience and what all should i remove. CNG and AV HU are the stuff that are a must! Suggest me on the prices, brand and alternatives.
Looking forward to a great discussion.
Thankyou. [clap]

1. CNG Kit, the mileage of the car seriously makes you cry, specially when ill be travelling atleast 20km everyday and the fuels costs have to be borne by me.
For CNG, i would say better to stick with Maruti Suzuki Authorized kits. As for power drop, it is there in case of LPGs, for CNGs, i am not sure.

2. New tyres. Still runs on those stock JK Vectras they had been changed to a new set of the same just 2 years back Is there a need to buy a new set? I mean i dont have any complains against the present one nor do i have any craze for Low profile/big tires.
If decent amount of rubber is left, then you may swap them with better set like Yokos or Michelin based on the roads you drive on. It would cost you somewhere around 22-25k for a set. You may bargain a bit and sell off your old set to them.

3. Black rims . Since childhood I always wanted them to be on my car.Even pain
Alloy rims come in wide range of designs. You can get a Neo/plati black alloy set for 17-20k (range varies on design).

4. HID Bi-Xenon Projector Lights the ones exactly the same on the stock Laura L&K.
Make sure you go for legal ones.

5. LED DRLs. Loved it when I saw them on the new Laura VRs.
A set of branded DRLs can be bought for 5-7k. There are lot of chinese brands retailing for 1-2k in the market, but they are prone to fuses, so go for branded ones like Philips.

6. Leather seat covers. The present ones being as old as the car have badly worn out.
Try Stanley, they have some really great designs. Check out their official site for details.

7. Black roof. Either vinyl or paint.
IMO Vinyl would do the job. It would cost you less than 1k.

8. Smoked headlights. Like them but no intention to spend more than 1k on them. Do they look good on a SX4?
You can go for a DIY. Either a tint or paint job. IMO smoked headlamps would lead to decrease in light throw, so not suggested by me. Also if you are going for projectors, why not show them off.

9. Here comes the ICEing part. I want a AV HU , which must have 6" touchscreen bluetooth ready and front USB and AUX ports.I want to go for AVN's 11 Mechless which has navigation too unlike HUS of Pioneer or Kenwood JVC. Coming to speakers I want to keep my rear stock as 99.99% of the times the rear will be unoccupied. In the front i want components but mostly 2-ways or else coaxials cause there is only a Tweeter and i guess 6.5" speaker housing in the front doors. 3-way comps will need cutting of the door panel right is that too messy? And a basic sub or I can do without it also because my Laura L&K produces superb amount of bass without a sub although it does seem to have some high end 3 x (3-way comps).
I would let ICE gurus answer this part.

10. And ending the list with the last one and that is reverse parking assist , it can be sensors if camera is a bit costly.
IMO, rear parking assist camera would cost you atleast 5-7k. However you may go for sensor (based on no. of sensors) for 2.5-3k.

Thread Starter #10
Hey Akash thanks a lot. How much would 1. Maruti Authorised 2.Lovato or other CNG selling kits 3.Painting the rims black 4.full legal xenon+projector setup 5. No man stanleys are too costly and they are original ones right?i want art leatger as in those 3-4k ones.

Top Bottom