Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel Review & Pictures

Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel Road Test Review

Great review akash , here are some more pics of my friends SX4 diesel .

Here is what i liked about the car

->Good FE
->Masculine look
->Spacious and tall
->High ground clearance for indian roads
->no turbo lag
->good handling

What i didnt like

-> 10L????
-> Under powered engine , (after 140 no juice left)
-> Ride quality
-> Gets noisy at high rpms (though i liked the turbo whistle)

Attachments

Congratulations to your friend Jeno Turbo though yeah even i feel SX4 D is slightly over-priced. With a slightly increased budget he could have got a Vento or the new Fluidic Verna. What's the FE he is getting now?

Congratulations to your friend Jeno Turbo though yeah even i feel SX4 D is slightly over-priced. With a slightly increased budget he could have got a Vento or the new Fluidic Verna. What's the FE he is getting now?
First of all he didnt drive for more than 10 kms, And he is not a petrol head too . So i have to test it one day . But heard from his dad after a long drive about 400km that FE is very good (may be 18-20). And zdi has 205 tyres , wider than my octys 195..

Jeno [cheers]

Last edited:

maruti wake up!! sx4 is not exciting now IMO. they should have facelifted it with diesel one..nice pics and excellent review anyways..

it has been long time maruti launched men with diesel diet, yet it has not taken market with strom with their swift and dzire models with their men.All dealers have ready stock of diesel sx4 readily available.Seems maruti's men arent selling that well as they would have thought.
PS. read in today's TOI that due to their ongoing strike, production as well as sales of their model SX4 has biggest hit.

Thread Starter #36

Thanks Jeno.

PS. read in today's TOI that due to their ongoing strike, production as well as sales of their model SX4 has biggest hit.
You read it right. The cars which have taken the hit are Swift Dzire and SX4. And somehow i dont feel the SX4 to be a VFM product. Apart from VGT it is same as the DZire, then why would i spend on something more expensive. As a auto enthusiast i would rather go for a Linea which is fresh and equipped better than the SX4.

Got a chance to drive my dad's friend's SX4 VDi some weeks back. First of all I hardly dive someone's car especially the new ones and I hardly give my rides to any one. But this guy was very good and he pushed me on the driver seat.

I drove the car for less than 1km only on bad road with small and huge pot holes. I can only compare this car with our DZire.

1. The ground clearence is good. +1
  2. The seating position is high. +1
  3. The A pillar view is good. Better than Swift/DZire. +1
  4. The ride on the bad road was good; maybe because the car was new. +1
  5. Did not actually got time to judge the turbo lag difference between the DZire and the SX4. DZire was much better I guess!
  6. Boot space more than DZire. +1
  7. Overall I found DZire to be more VFM than this 8.5-10L car. -1
  8. 1.3L engine -1
  9. Good FE. +1

Nice review. However I don't see any point in this car. The market has reacted in a similar way and the car is not selling well. If you want VFM you have the Manza and if you want a good looking car with all the bells and whistles, you have the Linea. Besides that the Verna and Fiesta are much better than the SX4.

sx4 diesel is really a good buy.1.3 l engine may feel underpowered on paper.but you got to drive it to know about the beast.sx4 diesel has better in gear acceleration when compared to fluidic verna,fiat linea n new ford fiesta.i read about it in august issue of autocar india

0-100 kmph
Verna - 10.54 - 1st
Vento - 11.30 - 2nd
SX4 - 13.80 - 3rd
Fiesta - 13.90 - 4th
Linea - 15.04 - 5th

20-80(3rd Gear)
Vento - 9.24 - 1st
SX4 - 10.32 - 2nd
Linea - 11.86 - 3rd
Verna - 13.00 - 4th
Fiesta - 13.48 - 5th

40-100(4th Gear)
Vento - 10.50 - 1st
SX4 - 13.01 - 2nd
Linea - 13.64 - 3rd
Verna - 15.10 - 4th
Fiesta - 15.80 - 5th

Braking[80-0 meters]
SX4 - 21.47 - 1st
Verna - 24.29 - 2nd
Vento - 26.90 - 3rd
Linea - 27.56 - 4th
Fiesta - 28.36 - 5th

WOW!! thanks for the info, this will shed light on most of them ! But still SX4 will run out power only after 140kmph which is practically not a usual speed in india.

Thanks for the details nkonamme. I am not surprised to see Verna at the top![:D] However Verna struggles in gear acceleration due to heavy turbo lag! Vento is just great!

@ Jeno Hmmm yes its not an usual speed but 140kmph is a little less for this segment when compared to the likes Verna and Vento.

i bought sx4 zdi recently.was really confused bw vento and sx4.bought sx4 because it turned out to be a value for money product.vento had less features n overpriced.now vento comes with steering mounted controls,usb n aux

Congratulations buddy , SX4 is a good car no doubt. The only reason it failed to kick off even in diesel avatar is its sibling Dzire which is available at a cheaper price tag.

@cooldhaya ya dzire is one of the reason.also manesar plant strike is the main reason,no proper production since june

maruti suzuki should have made sx4 more premium.sx4 n dzire share lot of stuff like steering wheel,power window panel,gear etc

Top Bottom