Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi AGS: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Well I joined this forum at the wee end of 2017 when I started looking for another car. Did buy one A TATA Tiago XZA, Excellant car as per me for the budget, But my Wifey who was the owner and intended driver (in fact practiced driving in it and even she would say it is good, but the issue started when the new swift made the grand entry in Market. All eyes simply shifted to that, IN between one of her colleagues wanted to buy their first car and when the offer came we just gave up. After all if she wants it she must have it Right?.

So a few words about Tiago here, It does what it says, WOW factor however does not exsist. It is good, made for purpose and built well. In fact the Tiago seems to be the best car in it's class at least to drive, It drives well, handles potholes better than anything I have seen in the segment, Have a nice fuel efficiency in its segment, Does have to explain to every Tom, dick, harry and Ganesh, George, leila and literally everyone else as to why you bought a TATA though.

After disposing off the Tiago we were this time sure of what we want. So there were absolutely no choices around. As decided by the twin Bhabi/Nanad team (both are university proffessors, so no arguments here.) The only consideration was which Bank the loan will come from. Since My wifes salaries are all done with SBI we decided it will be easier,It took about a day to get the loan passed and the amount was promised to be released when we tell them.

With all the resources in pocket On 30th June 2018 we booked our new swift. I was sure which colour. It is going to be gold or silver, since Maruti has no gold this time it was SILKY SILVER, That did it.

As for booking well no problem , we have Popular Vehicles very near to us, called them , took the customary TD (I said we dont need since my sister already gave the car for a few days to drive, the same model), But the sales guy insisted on TD so got his car here at home, more than driving he wanted to explain how the orvm folds and door locks and how good the crap Panasonic stock music system sounds. (just decided I need to change that one. SO asked him how much he will buy back the thing for, Got 6K for that happy lol, But speakers sounded good enough so only the HU was offered for sale by me)

Well we paid Rs. 11,000/- cash and asked him when will he deliver the thing He said July 25 and we accepted, Just told him I want JULY 2018 manufactured car only. Said ok

Thread Starter #2
Re: Buying the NEW SWIFT ZXI AGS petrol

The booking was done at my home only, So the coffee this time was provided by us to sales staff. They handed over a booking docket here is what was relevant in it

Okay we continued our life as normal in Kerala rains, nothing big went in between , I was just looking out for a reasonable touch screen with Android auto to fix in the new car, Decided on the SONY XAV-AX5000. Now this had two USB leads, needed to find a fitting to properly fix the port after removing the OEM USB/AUX. finally found one on Amazon india ordered the thing and waited. I did not want those usb leads to be lying around in the Glovebox.

On 17th of July 2018 our smart Vibin/Nibin team from Deleaship called and told me my car can be billed they also asked me if I want some accessories, took my lady to showroom and she wanted to fix every bit of chrome/seat covers/ and all the stuff out there, I wanted a 3M underbody coating and full rubber mat covering the infamously dirt absorbing carpet (wondering why car companies put those carpets). The total was quoted at about 40k, Also they offerd to fix the touchscreen as per my liking . So I told them about SONY and they did source it from market. I asked them to fix the USB port header and that was agreed to. Total accessories came to a whopping 68k. then I asked them why am I being billed for things like mud flaps and rubber mats . Finally got the 68k reduced to 50k including the SOny (24k) and also the 6.5k earlier agreed will be adjusted to insurance amount etc. so altogethr the car would cost 838,545/- on road.

hmmm not much I thought

booking docket3.jpeg

final bill.jpeg

Thread Starter #3

Vehicle was delivered to our home at 25th July 2018 as required it was JULY 2018 make only. There are a few pics of the car. Also I got a number booked prior to registration. so the vehicle had its reg number allotted in about 5 days . Well for the photoshoot.

f012.jpg

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

mod14.jpg

mod15.jpg

Thread Starter #4

Of late especially after the Tiago experience I have become a big fan of AMT. It is just shifting gears for you, So what I learned is if you imitate what you do in a manual car, ie pretend you are dumping clutch in a manual in first gear, just accelerate a bit and take off the foot from gas, Vehicle shifts to 2, press and leave gas it goes to third , That way there is absolutely no head node or anything, I just put to manual and downshift to 4 to overtake, Vehicle is most fuel efficient in between 2k to 2.5k rpms in any gear, So far has done 840 kms, Could not drive much as roads here simply got flooded and damage and we were all busy helping people who got their homes filled upto first floor . that was to me the result of two things. First about a decade ago Govt bans sand mining from rivers , this lead to rivers having literally no depth and water came from dams there was no way these rivers could carry them anyway. Also the environmentalists have made sure whatever water flows is stopped by check dams every few kilometers. Also the sand ban has made quarrying very profitable in mountains leading to deforestation and nothing to hold water there,

So there was no driving anywhere the customary first service( read washing and tightening a few bolts were done at 750kms. noothing more there. I got some 13.4 kmpl as per the guage. it agrees with my tank level. It is all with ac and at an average 25kmph in mostly traffic and extremely bad roads, with my wife driving for the 6.5km to her college and back, absolutely no long drives here.

Now for a few pics on inside

mod9.jpg

mod8.jpg

mod7.jpg

mod6.jpg

mod5.jpg

mod4.jpg

mod3.jpg

mod2.jpg

mod1.jpg

mod10.jpg

Thread Starter #6

My thoughts

Good:--

1. This car does look great
2. It is much better built than most online reviews would suggest
3. Comes with ABS, AIRBAGS (2), And whatever is called BA
4. Fun to drive, Engine just begs to be revved, The sounds it make are extremely pleasing to the ear at higher revvs.(above 3k)
THe front seats are the best in business, (Tata somewhat matches it )
5. You wont feel shortchanged once you get in

Not so good:-

1.No auto dimming Irvm (may be available in ZXI+, not sure)
2.The rear seat would have been exemplary with an arm rest
3.The rear door handle is a pain to operate, Also a quarter glass there would have made the cabin more airy in the back. But well if you have someone sleeping at the back it would block the sun too.

Outright protest:-

The spare wheel is 14 inch, manual says it needs to be inflated to 40psi, Also it cannot be used to drive above 80kmph @#$![clown][frustration]

Last edited:
Congratulations on your buy, the car looks amazing. One suggestion I would like to give is to drive the car in M mode use D only on long drives/open roads.The clutch life will increase in M mode. At 55k on odo my car is showing signs of clutch wear as I have mostly driven the car in D mode.

Thread Starter #10
Congratulations on your buy, the car looks amazing. One suggestion I would like to give is to drive the car in M mode use D only on long drives/open roads.The clutch life will increase in M mode. At 55k on odo my car is showing signs of clutch wear as I have mostly driven the car in D mode.

While I agree fully with the logic, The main reason for buying AMT was my wife's clutch issues.Actually she was working abroad for many years and is very comfy with some kind of automatic.

as for manual mode I like it when I drive this thing, But that is on weekends or something, Well, we have an extended warranty for five years The paper says everything gearbox and clutch is included
included

That should take care of things (at least wish so)

Attachments

Hello Quickboy,
Hope you and your family are safe after the episodes of flood. You've got a looker there for sure! Wishing you and your wife a happy ownership.

Cheers!

Congrats on yours Swift. I guess the chrome around grille and fog lamp are not standard unlike the Dzire.

As for me M mode gives more driving pleasure as well. See my thread on Tigor XZA.

My thoughts

Good:--

1. This car does look great
2. It is much better built than most online reviews would suggest
3. Comes with ABS, AIRBAGS (2), And whatever is called BA
4. Fun to drive, Engine just begs to be revved, The sounds it make are extremely pleasing to the ear at higher revvs.(above 3k)
THe front seats are the best in business, (Tata somewhat matches it )
5. You wont feel shortchanged once you get in

Not so good:-

1.No auto dimming Irvm (may be available in ZXI+, not sure)
2.The rear seat would have been exemplary with an arm rest
3.The rear door handle is a pain to operate, Also a quarter glass there would have made the cabin more airy in the back. But well if you have someone sleeping at the back it would block the sun too.

Outright protest:-

The spare wheel is 14 inch, manual says it needs to be inflated to 40psi, Also it cannot be used to drive above 80kmph @#$![clown][frustration]
Congratulations Quickboy,
you were indeed quick in changing from Tiago to Swift[;)]
The mileage is impressive for an AMT car.

Thread Starter #15

Congratulations Quickboy,
you were indeed quick in changing from Tiago to Swift[;)]
The mileage is impressive for an AMT car.

There were Compelling reasons to do so. We were not loosing much, Also the lady learned her driving skills, Swift was released and was on roads and we did feel this looked and felt more classy. So when someone turned up and asked we decided it is ok to do it. Moreover I was starting to think what if we actually wanted to sell that ?, . So all in all it was a well thought out decision. And of course, the engine I have always thought Suzuki does make them real good.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom