Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi AGS: Ownership Review

Re: Buying the NEW SWIFT ZXI AGS petrol

There were Compelling reasons to do so. We were not loosing much, Also the lady learned her driving skills, Swift was released and was on roads and we did feel this looked and felt more classy. So when someone turned up and asked we decided it is ok to do it. Moreover I was starting to think what if we actually wanted to sell that ?, . So all in all it was a well thought out decision. And of course, the engine I have always thought Suzuki does make them real good.
Your ZXI must have come with the Apple Carplay Infotainment system,did you change it?

Thread Starter #17
well only ZXI+ comes with something called smartplay infotainment, There was no zxi+ with AGS till august 2018, This car zxi-ags was at the time the top of line swift AGS, It came with a crappy panasonic or nippon system, I think I got the Nippon as oem Some NH82 or something like that. there is also a panasonic model. so I changed it to a SONY XAV-AX5000 . Well I think I still have a not so good reverse camera , is actually looking for one with some better colours. This one is sharp but not good enough colours. That was kindly provided free-of-cost anyway.

Also this was onething which went against Tiago too. Tiago had a few vehicle settings in that music system. Also the reverse assist was also integrated. We were searching the internet to get a replacement which could actually do all those and also the camera. But well drew a blank. Tata wont fit the screen in Tiago, we even tried to convince the dealer to order a Tigor AMT with the touchscreen and camera, Swift turned out to be very flexible. The climate control has its own display, Parking sensors works and has no connection with the music system So it was an easy swap. The steering wheel controls work well too. Will upload a video. The only button on the wheel which was surplus was something called a bluetooth setup, I just used the custom button screen in SONY and mapped that one to do a play/pause the steering did not have one of those anyway

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Here is a small video of the only mod I have done. The HU in thevideo is the XAV-AX5000, Comes with Android auto and apple carplay. Absolutely no restart problem if you drive over the potholes. Have no idea how to share from youtube, So trying their suggestion to share . HOpe it works if not the youtube link is also here
https://youtu.be/mW2Cnurap-g

This is what the youtube share/embed link is :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW2Cnurap-g

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
Thank you very much . Did not have any idea how to do this. Thanks is for the mod for embedding that video above

Now for updates, As I have posted earlier the fuel AVerage at around 800kms when I did the first service was something like 13.2 or something as per MID . This car has now done about 1194 , No change in usage pattern. It has yet to see any drive above 25kms. My lady drives the 8-9 kms one way to her college and comes back in same road. But now it seems the average or her driving (not sure which one ) has improved . To my pleaaasent surprise I see figures in excess of 18kmpl on mid now [:)][:)].

One thing I noticed is that the vehicle was very bouncy to drive for last two months. SO when I did get time I took our tyre pressure guage and found every tire including the smallish spare has 41psi in them. All of them showing the same looked something odd. As per the user Manual it needs to be 29psi in the 15inch wheels and 41 in the assymetical(Maruti talk for skimpy little) wheel. But here we had all showing 41psi. so took it to MASS. asked for an explanation. My favourite SA tried to explain but had none. I told him to look at the badge on the door. Explained that someone read the last line and uneccesarily filled all that air. Got all those back to 29psi while keeping the small thing at 41psi. Now My car drives in a superb comfortable manner. Well I would say we need to read the manual and badge check these stuff at leas everytime the car comes back from service. Well the radiator fluid appears slightly over filled. BUt dont think it is going to spurt out anyway.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom