Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi Or New Dzire ZDi

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends, I presently use a swift VDi with ABS, so ABS is MUST for me ,hence gone for ZDi,but now I am really confused between new dezire and Swift.I always prefer to drive myself, my present swift is really a fun car especially with the power surge past 2000 rpm( But it has clocked 80000+ KM in 2 years,so thinking about new car),I still prefer swift to dezire ,when considering dynamics .But backseat f swift is really uncomfortable, hence looking forward towards dezire.Please share your suggestions......[:)]

If you really like Swift than Dzire and you don't need the additional boot space then go ahead with it. New Swift is slightly more spacious at the back.

But if back seat space is your concern then why don't you look at Indica Vista or Fabia?

Thread Starter #3
If you really like Swift than Dzire and you don't need the additional boot space then go ahead with it. New Swift is slightly more spacious at the back.

But if back seat space is your concern then why don't you look at Indica Vista or Fabia?
thanks,but TATA is a NO NO for me,about Fabia ,is int it a bit underpowered, I have driven it...felt sluggished, (being pampered by my swift.[;)]).(just 64 bhp ,compared to swfts 75 bhp)

In the backseat, all you get is a hand-rest in addition to swift's rear. I would tell you to go for Swift Zdi , since you usually drive it all alone. and i don't like the beige mantra, being used in Dzire. Even if its swift, you will feel the cabin and dash way more better and improved from your old Swift.

if you dont want the boot space which is like nothing in the new Dzire( 100+ ltrs less than the old one )as now you can only put 1 briefcase in it then its good to get the Swift ZDi.

If you drive alone most often and don't need the additional space for luggage then i would say go ahead with the Swift ZDi and aslo the new Dzire boot space has been reduced now. So Swift is an better option

Thread Starter #8
thanks every one,it seems all the votes are for swift,I am planning to do a TD on dezire,just in case( Had test drove new swift, good car but lost its power punch past 2000 rpm, but interior quality is way better)

I found this comparison as good a good one and exactly matching your parameters:
New 2012 Maruti Suzuki Swift versus new 2012 Swift Dzire | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice
Courtesy:Cartoq
thanks ,nice find, good comparison,it seems new dezire has got better ride quality..and front end looks more aggresive than swift

Last edited by a moderator:
Please avoid the hideous just-for-the-sake-of-a-boot Dzire. If you are not so leaned towards the idea of owning a sedan, which Dzire is not in any way, stick to Swift. In addition to better drive-ability, it has a lot of potential to mod!

I would suggest Dzire ZDi. It has better rear seat comfort and i think it has a longer wheel base. You could also use the bigger boot of Dzire. It has a soft set up suspension compared to swift, so it should have a comfortable ride but the handling might not be as good as Swift. Under 4m length will make sure it behaves like a small car in city. If you need the extra space, Dzire is one to go for and dynamics should only be slightly behind Swift.

Thread Starter #11
Went to maruti dealer, but they had no TD vehicle,only display car, DZire looks much better in flesh than in pics, but beige interiors are dirt magnet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the cars have beige interiors these days. That should not be a deal breaker , with some proper care and maintenance it should not be a problem.

Went to maruti dealer,but they had no TD vehicle,only display car....DZIRE looks much better in flesh than in pics...BUT beige interiors are dirt magnet...
without test drive dont go for the new DZIRE...
i dnt know about the new DZIRE but for the old one i can say even an TATA indigo ecs is better than old DZIRE...
i drove my uncle's 2011 DZIRE when it was 1 day old and i did'nt get any filling that i am driving a new car. [anger]

350Z

Core Team
Dear friends, I presently use a swift VDi with ABS, so ABS is MUST for me ,hence gone for ZDi,but now I am really confused between new dezire and Swift.I always prefer to drive myself, my present swift is really a fun car especially with the power surge past 2000 rpm( But it has clocked 80000+ KM in 2 years,so thinking about new car),I still prefer swift to dezire ,when considering dynamics .But backseat f swift is really uncomfortable, hence looking forward towards dezire
Swift ZDi is a better choice if you don’t need the additional boot and beige interiors. It looks no better than the earlier model. Your prime concern is about the rear seat comfort which can be also tested through a demo car. There are plenty of options in this budget if you are not particular about Maruti Suzuki. Do keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15
Swift ZDi is a better choice if you don’t need the additional boot and beige interiors. It looks no better than the earlier model. Your prime concern is about the rear seat comfort which can be also tested through a demo car. There are plenty of options in this budget if you are not particular about Maruti Suzuki. Do keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks, sure am also looking towards better options, am eagerly waitng for renault duster and ford ecosport...already registered with Ford,yesterday got a call from Ford, verfying my details,I was told that it will take 2 to 3 months for launch[clap]

Top Bottom