Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi Or New Dzire ZDi

Re: DZIRE VDI or SWIFT ZDI

i20 indeed has great mileage, a friend of mine is getting more than 18 in his i20.
it obviously looks better than Dzire and is very comfortable with similar space to Dzire and is any day better loaded. The 1.4l CRDi engine of Hyundai is a gem to drive.
Hyundai has a good service back up and maintenance is low though a bit on the higher side if compare to Maruti Suzuki but still its WORTH. I would anyday buy i20 instead of Dzire or Swift and frankly i did that 3 years ago by ditching my Swift in 2 months and buying the i20 1.2 Asta.

Thanks Yash, even I like 120, it is one of the most gorgeous hatchback ever handscrafted, even it's look is better then Punto.. But I feel Swift and Dzire both are good one and real treat from Maruti.. Since I didnot own any of these I cannot argue much.. Request Swift and Dzire owners please share your thoughts.. why Swift?? Why Dzire?? Why not Swift why Dzire?? Why I20 and why not Swift or Dzire ??

Re: DZIRE VDI or SWIFT ZDI

well, I have owned both the Swift and the Dzire. Actually overall the products are good but they don't give you a good nice feeling. I know both are budget cars but still overall a product should be satisfying the owner and atleast in my ownership they failed to do it. I didn't like the quality and the layout of the dashboard. Its feels tad to boring and colors used are really boring. The new Swift and Dzire has a good interior but still that good quality factor and features are still missing from both of them. Dzire feels underpowered to me and Swift well I owned the VXI so it was decent so can't comment on performance of the diesel whereas i20 won my heart. At this price point you are getting so many wonderful features which are segment first like Auto Headlamps and Wipers. The car has improved in mostly all aspects and is now a even better value plus Hyundai has always been on the premium side if compared to maruti Suzuki. Infact, I am planning to replace my i20 Asta with i20 diesel Asta in a couple of months. [:D]
Other i20 and Dzire owners your comments needed.

i went with my friend specifically to check the back seat difference between swift and swift dzire
swift dzire had more space as compared to swift

Royal Dilemma: Swift VDi or Dzire LDi?

Hai,

I own a 1998 maruti 800 with LPG fitted and at last time has come to look for a new vehicle as small niggles are started bothering me too much from the current M800.
First of all i will tell my preferences so experts can guide me correctly.

1. My daily travel is around 50Km with occasional weekend travels of 500km and twice a year long travels of 1000km (all approx)
2. I will probably keep the vehicle for 10+ years
3. I don't want to make unnecessary visit to service stations so it should be very low on maintenance.
4. I am not bothered about looks and unnecessary equipments which we do not use in day to day usage.
5. I am more inclined towards Maruti as i know their reliability
6. I have no issues with waiting period[:)]
7. Will Fiat, Ford or Tata can with stand the reliability and maintainability of Maruti?
Now please guide me regarding
1. I have heard that new swift boot space is very less. So for my family trips i may face problems. But for daily usage hatchback is better. So confusion!![confused]
2. I can travel to office by bike also so daily travel is cut short (except monsoon days) can i go for petrol to save that ONE Lakh?
3. Govt is thinking of introducing extra tax on diesel vehicles-so the cost benefit may go off in near future?

experts please guide me.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Royal Dilemma: Swift VDi or Dzire LDi?

7. Will Fiat, Ford or Tata can with stand the reliability and maintainability of Maruti?
Fiat will hold a poor resale value in future considering the present market situation. Yes, otherwise these cars are reliable enough to serve well in future.

1. I have heard that new swift boot space is very less. So for my family trips i may face problems. But for daily usage hatchback is better. So confusion!!
Just visit showroom to find out if the boot space would suffice. Guess Dzire has 100 Liters more boot space than Swift. Driving Dzire in cities will not be a major issue since the boot size is negligible from outside.

2. I can travel to office by bike also so daily travel is cut short (except monsoon days) can i go for petrol to save that ONE Lakh?
Your running seems to be higher in any case (Considering weekend runs). Stick with Diesel.

3. Govt is thinking of introducing extra tax on diesel vehicles-so the cost benefit may go off in near future?
Just a speculation, things are still not finalized. You would have already bought the car by then even in case it is implemented. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dude
go for dezire its a great looking car and VFM being just 50k more than swift.
I feel swift is overpriced if we compare to dezire.
ps: 350 z sir where is gps review?

Somehow, I dont like the new dezire. Neither a hatch, nor a sedan. The compact sedan concept does suit Indian market. Lookswise, NO.
If I am not doing frequent highway runs, its Swft. But if yes, dezire is the more practical option. So even though I dont like the design, out of given two, I will go for Dezire.

Urgent: Maruti Swift VXi or Dzire vxi

going to book a car tommorow....i had almost zeroed on swift vxi . yesterday i got a call from maruti dealer saying that swift vxi will take approximately 3months of delivery time where as u can look at swift dzire vxi which can be delivered within 2months..

On Road prices:-

Swift Vxi = 6.04L
Dzire Vxi =6.53L

Im new to driving and car will be used by me

Car is used only for city purposes

Whether i should go for Swift vxi or dzire vxi

Practically which will suit me

Re: Urgent : swift vxi or dzire vxi

I you are using it only for the city purpose than Swift is a good call as you won't need the extra boot and it's easier to maneuver in cities.

BTW: What's the difference in price between both of them?

Re: Urgent: Maruti Swift VXi or Dzire vxi

thanks for your reply singh

difference is about 50k

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom