Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi Or New Dzire ZDi

anilntny: If I were you, I would close my eyes and buy a Swift.

Please remember that VDi versions of both cars (Swift and Dzire) DO NOT come with ABSeven as an option, as it used to be on the previous generation Swift/Dzire. If you want ABS, you shall have to go for the ZDi version (of either car) only. It's good that you are going for the ZDi as braking in the VDi versions of both cars is absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:
Swift ZDi is a better choice if you don’t need the additional boot and beige interiors. It looks no better than the earlier model. Your prime concern is about the rear seat comfort which can be also tested through a demo car. There are plenty of options in this budget if you are not particular about Maruti Suzuki. Do keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z
i have booked my new Swift dzire and i think its a great car for its price. it also gives a great mileage and the new dzire according to me looks better than its predecessor.

350Z

Core Team
yesterday got a call from Ford, verfying my details,I was told that it will take 2 to 3 months for launch
It's a wonderful news if Ecosport is coming within a couple of months.

i have booked my new Swift dzire and i think its a great car for its price. it also gives a great mileage and the new dzire according to me looks better than its predecessor.
Congrats for New Dzire. It's sure a practical car but design-wise I'm not the biggest fan of it (No offense intended). Anyways don't forget to share a review with us along with some photographs as soon as it is delivered. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
Congrats for New Dzire. It's sure a practical car but design-wise I'm not the biggest fan of it (No offense intended). Anyways don't forget to share a review with us along with some photographs as soon as it is delivered.
I also, feel the same,new dzire's back lost that sedan class look,now it looks like a notchback[;)]

I guess, the new i20 is on its way. Looks very similar to the fluidic verna in terms of the front-end design. Launch expected to be end Feb/early March. So, you want to wait for a few weeks, before you plunge into Swift again.

Thread Starter #21
I guess, the new i20 is on its way. Looks very similar to the fluidic verna in terms of the front-end design. Launch expected to be end Feb/early March. So, you want to wait for a few weeks, before you plunge into Swift again.
Already booked swift zdi, but considering the long delay of 11 months, I may shift to renault duster, or as you suggested new i20...[:)]

Advantage of hatch is that its boot can be converted in to very big one as compared to compact sedan with rear seat folded.

I use to carry my sons bicycle to the ground, repair shop in wagonr which was not possible in my indigo.

If you are a frequent long distance traveler who would carry a lot of baggage with you opt for Swift Dzire ZDi. But you will have to compromise a bit on handling and dynamics when compared to the hatch.
If you want a car that would be perfect for city with all features get the Swift ZDi hatchback.
Amazing thing is that both your choices Swift hatch and its sibling Dzire are Value For Money cars.

Last edited:
If ' segregated boot ` is the requirement then only 11 months waiting period is tolerable in case of dzire.

Segregated boot is required when you want to seperate the luggage really from passegers most of the time eg. Smelling Food stuff, fruits, wet clothes,

In case of I 20, renault with abs/airbags budget should not be tight.

In i20,Backseat comfort , ingress, egress ,handling is far better than dzire, swift , especially if back seat is going to be occupied by tall/elderly people.
Elderly people usually suffer from joint pain, so I 20 gives them space to stretch the legs.

Thanks, sure am also looking towards better options, am eagerly waitng for renault duster and ford ecosport...already registered with Ford,yesterday got a call from Ford, verfying my details,I was told that it will take 2 to 3 months for launch[clap]
Anil, i doubt about what they are saying. They called me too and asked me about when i'm planning for next car and i said 3-6months and they said it will launch soon. When i asked, if it will be launched before July, he said they cant confirm it as of now. They are sort of making us to wait for it. ;) Btw, have you got enough budget for ecosport/duster. Then, i would say , you wait ! :)

Maruti Suzuki Dzire VDI or Swift ZDI

Dear Experts,

One of my colleague is confused between DZIRE VDI or SWIFT ZDI,kindly suggest which one should be preferred.

As per my suggestion, the person should go as per instincts... But the experts may have different ideas. The Car would be company lease so they have limit of ex showroom price as 6.5-7lakhs in Bangalore.

Thanks
Alok

Re: DZIRE VDI or SWIFT ZDI

I would recommend Swift ZDI, it will be better loaded looks better than Dzire and better to drive too.
Ask your friend once to check out the new fluidic i20. Its overall better than Swift.

If he often goes to long drives carrying luggage, then Dzire.
Else in every condition, Swift.
There is huge Breaking power difference in V and Z variants in these cars and in stereo in V and Z variants too!
But if one needs more boot, then other things doesn't means much in front of the extra boot IMO. [:)]

Thanks Saby and Yash.. But could you please put some more point.. They both are IT professionals in Bangalore, yeah occasionally then go for long drive. The Wife is more interested towards Dzire and her hubby is towards I-20.. But you know who rules the family[frustration]..

Their priorities are :
1st : Ex Showroom price under 7 lakhs
2nd: Good Mileage
3rd : Better look, space and comfort
4th : Low maintenace

i20 indeed has great mileage, a friend of mine is getting more than 18 in his i20.
it obviously looks better than Dzire and is very comfortable with similar space to Dzire and is any day better loaded. The 1.4l CRDi engine of Hyundai is a gem to drive.
Hyundai has a good service back up and maintenance is low though a bit on the higher side if compare to Maruti Suzuki but still its WORTH. I would anyday buy i20 instead of Dzire or Swift and frankly i did that 3 years ago by ditching my Swift in 2 months and buying the i20 1.2 Asta.

Top Bottom