Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi - In-Car Entertainment

Thread Starter #1
After reading tons and tons of posts, I guess i rate myself at 1 on 10 on cars , I have booked my Swift VXI torque blue [clap] which will be delivered in 30-45days . I need help in choosing a music system as a noob will say.

Your Car: Swift Vxi
Budget Range: Was 10k , but increased it to 15K
Looking For : Decent sound, I dont want bass as of now ,
Preferred Brands (If any): None
Preferred Music Genre: Varied
Existing Audio Setup: Cars new
Misc. Details / Specific Questions:
> My parents do not like loud sound so I am thinking to place the speakers in the doors ? I have no idea if this is a good idea , please advise?
> I love LCD based display, enchances the looks of interiors, can my budget cover it ?
> I have no idea of amps/woofers/subs - all sound same to me, do I need it ?

-Madmonkey

Re: Swift VXi - ICE

Good colour on the swift,
yes you can get LCD is like for 17k so youre covered here.
Sub woofers are for Bass,leave that and amps are to make the subs work so skip that too
Front speakers in the doors? I think swift already has those?

Thread Starter #3

Speakers in the the rear doors too ? Isn't that possible? Front I have noticed that we can , I am not sure if we can place the speakers in the rear doors too? I dont know if placing the rear speakers in the door is a good idea..
Which are the VFM LCD's you suggest Theferrarifan ?

Sony XPlod XAV-63-19K but its good.
But go to a good shop and search.
I think swift rear doors also have speakers.
good brands-
Sony
Alpine
Pioneer
JBL
Blaunpunkt(what ever)

^^ yes I suggested this cause my car has one,works good. As I said,pioneer is one of the brands you should try.

Thread Starter #7

Sure.. will let you know what I have decided on.. I am planning for a LCD HU for now + speakers , Swift VXI doesnt have speakers but ZXI has (confirmed )

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
This is what I finalized on now Pioneer P8490BT costing somewhere around 26-27K, I know its expensive but I was looking for a LCD based player and I am going to keep for a long time and take this player out to a new car if i change.
Is it worth it? anyone here has installed this HU ? I hope their will be no issues in installing this in swift ? I will not use amps/subs , just good speakers in f/r doors ? what speakers would you guys suggest and wiring ?

MS do you have them installed? I believe Focal/Infinity are every expensive from what I have heard, I already stretched way too much for HU [frustration] and just want speakers
@Madmonkey: You can have Focal Access series comps and coaxials if you want them. Together they would cost you around 12-13k total. At this price, I have heard they sound quite good.

Thread Starter #12
X5590BT or 8490 BT Head Unit?

Fellas,

I am planning for an HU of pioneer and had decided for 8490BT however their is a new release X5590BT and Snapdeals running an offer

SnapDeal Offers ( With free installation )
X5590 BT @ 24490
8490BT @ 26500

AutoFusion Kormangal offers
X5590BT @ 24000
8490BT @ 28500

> What is the main difference , I did read the specs and comparison, pioneer doesnt seem to have great details about it.
> which one would u guys suggest?
> If I use APPradio app from playstore can I use it with these devices?
> SnapDeal have mentioned free installation - does it mean they will use their own wiring at no cost ?

Thanks for all ya help..

Top Bottom