Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI or ZDI?

Re: Swift VDI or ZDI?

Go for Zdi, because ABS and airbags are very required these days. ABS is more important than airbags. In cars like Swift, you tend or the car makes you to go for higher speeds[:D] . So, IMO, Zdi is worth the extra bucks you spent. You will get that extra money , as higher resale value when you sell it.

Btw, is it true that zdi costs 7.82l and vdi is 6.93L in Kannur. then it should be around that here in Trivandrum too .But, last time i enquired, it was 7.4L for zdi .[confused]

Btw, is it true that zdi costs 7.82l and vdi is 6.93L in Kannur. then it should be around that here in Trivandrum too .But, last time i enquired, it was 7.4L for zdi
At cochin I guess it is, 6.55 for vdi and 7.4 for Zdi. Waiting period = 10.5 months.

Go for ZDi!

Reasons:
The price difference between the VDi and ZDi may be approx 75k-95k.

Within these price differences you get:
  • Music system
  • 4 speakers
  • 2 Tweters
  • ABS
  • 2 Airbags
  • Rear Defoger
  • Rear Wipers
  • 4pcs 15" Alloys
  • 4pcs 185/65/15 Tyres.
  • Automatic Climate control.

(Dont know if I forget anything else in the above list.)

Secondly if you sell your car after say 3years; you will get much better rate than a VDi say for eg35k more than VDi and you get to use those things for 3years too..[:D]

So my pick will be ZDi any day!

Go for zdi eyes closed.

Gears1313
i would just like to add to your information that zdi comes with 5 pieces of alloy+tyres. yes the spare is an alloy too. [:D]

i cant wait to get my zdi.booked in nov'11 expecting it by end of april.

Go for zdi eyes closed.

Gears1313
i would just like to add to your information that zdi comes with 5 pieces of alloy+tyres. yes the spare is an alloy too. [:D]

i cant wait to get my zdi.booked in nov'11 expecting it by end of april.
Thanks for updating me Rahul!![:D]
BTW thought that MSIL saves money by providing those crapy 165/80/14 jks with L and V version; so assumed that Z variant might have a steel rim as a stepney too.. Nways thats good![clap]

Thanks for updating me Rahul!![:D]
BTW thought that MSIL saves money by providing those crapy 165/80/14 jks with L and V version; so assumed that Z variant might have a steel rim as a stepney too.. Nways thats good![clap]
MSIL provides 5 Alloys even for its swift ZDi, truly VFM than other so called higher branded ones.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, Even the city V (MT) which costs around 10 L (When i bought it), Does not have an Alloy spare wheel. It is the simple steel ones (Black) which comes with the S MT.

ZDI is true VFM!

Swift ZDi would be better value for money when compared to Swift VDi. A gem diesel engine with ABS and airbags(Swift ZDi) would ensure safe motoring.
All your requirements stereos,alloys and all would be met if you could stretch your budget and go for ZDi variant.

lxi.

Suspended
Swift ZDi would be better value for money when compared to Swift VDi. A gem diesel engine with ABS and airbags(Swift ZDi) would ensure safe motoring.
+1 to vishnu. Man is important than machine. SO, ABS and Airbags are necessary for any car.

All your requirements stereos,alloys and all would be met if you could stretch your budget and go for ZDi variant.
Buddy, He does not have any bugdet limitation. He is asking whether to go for VDI or ZDI. [;)]

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, Sreeraj, Its a big amount for a small car. Maybe you can consider some petrol hatchback (Swift Dzire) and later on as the fuel prices go north, You can add CNG to it. What say?

@Sreeraj, BUDDY STOP POSTING BACK TO BACK POSTS, USE THE EDIT BUTTON INSTEAD. THANKS.

Lxi- i too have budget limitations.. dont you guys thik that 7.93 lakhs is a huge amout for a hatchback?
You cant get a good sedan(not diesel at-least) with all the features in that price bracket, so this deal looks better.

I would have got a Bolero or a Thar for this price, this is my view only[:)]

Top Bottom