Maruti Suzuki Swift: Technical Issues & Solutions

Need help for my swift vxi and CNG

Hi Friends.
I have bought a used swift car few months back. the pick up of the car is very less and also it takes lot of time to reach 100 as compared to other cars, it doesnt matter if i drive it in petrol or cng. fastest i drove it was at 130 kmph. Please suggest what should i do to improve its performance. One thing i have noticed is whenever i drive this car the rpm meter never goes over 3 or 4. Please help

Hi All,​
I am a new member to The Automotive India.​
Thanks to let me be the member and I look forward to learn from this forum and share the things I come across and are worth sharing.​
My first post to this forum is for an Issue that I have recently faced with my Swift 07 model, G13b. Car has been error free till now [frustration] except for normal wear and tear.​
Current issue has cropped up immediately after Clutch replacement was done at MASS Naraina. I have experienced better response from clutch which was expected but drastic change in car performance.​
I feel car to be lethargic now which was never the issue ever earlier.​
Even with the worn our clutch car used to perform good i.e. power on demand - I never had to press accelerator hard enough to get the power expected. Now, even if I press the accelerator in the ground I don't feel the response expected.​
Another issue being faced (not sure about the words to use for this) is now when I try to accelerate car it gives shudders which sometimes you feel in a CNG powered vehicle e.g. you try to accelerate and there is not enough power you lose the accelerator a little and gradually try to accelerate and speed climbs.​
Would anyone has ever faced this after clutch change ?​
I intend to take back the car back on Saturday to MASS and give SA and Mechanic a good 5 - 10 kms ride to show them the issue in hand.​
Anything I should keep in mind which could help to resolve this.​
It's a petrol car, Always been so, I am thinking to ask them to clean the spark plugs, Air filter and than try.​
Could it be they installed the Clutch plates in wrong manner.​
Swift has done 120k kms - hence, Clutch plate, Flywheel , Pressure plates and Bearing were changed alongwith the clutch cable also.​
Thanks​

Hi All,​
I am a new member to The Automotive India.​
Thanks to let me be the member and I look forward to learn from this forum and share the things I come across and are worth sharing.​
My first post to this forum is for an Issue that I have recently faced with my Swift 07 model, G13b. Car has been error free till now [frustration] except for normal wear and tear.​
Current issue has cropped up immediately after Clutch replacement was done at MASS Naraina. I have experienced better response from clutch which was expected but drastic change in car performance.​
I feel car to be lethargic now which was never the issue ever earlier.​
Even with the worn our clutch car used to perform good i.e. power on demand - I never had to press accelerator hard enough to get the power expected. Now, even if I press the accelerator in the ground I don't feel the response expected.​
Another issue being faced (not sure about the words to use for this) is now when I try to accelerate car it gives shudders which sometimes you feel in a CNG powered vehicle e.g. you try to accelerate and there is not enough power you lose the accelerator a little and gradually try to accelerate and speed climbs.​
Would anyone has ever faced this after clutch change ?​
I intend to take back the car back on Saturday to MASS and give SA and Mechanic a good 5 - 10 kms ride to show them the issue in hand.​
Anything I should keep in mind which could help to resolve this.​
It's a petrol car, Always been so, I am thinking to ask them to clean the spark plugs, Air filter and than try.​
Could it be they installed the Clutch plates in wrong manner.​
Swift has done 120k kms - hence, Clutch plate, Flywheel , Pressure plates and Bearing were changed alongwith the clutch cable also.​
Thanks​
Looks like a bad clutch overhaul job. It's better to go back and get it rectified, even if you have some answers before your visit, the work finally will have to be get done at the MASS. And they will have to do it since you paid for it.

Thanks fusion_defusion.
Though I intend to visit them this Saturday, I am in dilemma now.
Reason being, Issues I faced were when I have covered some 30 kms after the clutch Job i.e. MASS to home and few other close by places.
Thought will run the car for few more kms to check if it behaves the same all the time.
So yesterday I took it to office some 15 kms distance and It did not behaved so on NH 8 stretch but some 3 kms before the office I again faced the same issue.
After which I posted the issue here yesterday.
On way back to home yesterday Car did not behaved so - Tried at slow speed, with AC, Without AC, on 2nd gear in slow moving traffic, Start Stop traffic.
Today also Car did not behaved so - acceleration has also improved.
In dilemma now as Should I take the car to MASS, As car is behaving good now and if goes the same MASS will only [clap]and tell me to go home.
Have covered some 80 kms in total now with new clutch.

@DL2C_SWIFT. how much is the clutch play. Did they give you old parts(flywheel. releaser bearing, pressure plate and clutch plate).

-suryaputhra

@Suryaputhra. Clutch Play is minimum (unnoticeable).
MASS gave me all the old parts in the box of the new parts. From clutch plates, Flywheel, Pressure plates, bearing some seals also and Clutch cable.
They duly returned the Old boot and gear knob which I got changed from them.
What I am concerned about is that though car runs fine now (yesterday night and today morning) what exactly was the issue and what if it crops up again after few more kms.

@Suryaputhra. Clutch Play is minimum (unnoticeable).
MASS gave me all the old parts in the box of the new parts. From clutch plates, Flywheel, Pressure plates, bearing some seals also and Clutch cable.
They duly returned the Old boot and gear knob which I got changed from them.
What I am concerned about is that though car runs fine now (yesterday night and today morning) what exactly was the issue and what if it crops up again after few more kms.
Make sure clutch play between 11mm to 18mm. When you have given car is your fuel tank empty. This issuse can be caused by bad fuel too.

Thanks, will check for that.
Fuel was at 1/4th level when given to MASS.
Have refueled today, Will check and update on progress on this.

Guys
My car had its alignment yesterday at 21000km, all the parameters were set to normal (Had a slight alignment issue ,as it was pulling slightly to left side ,when steering was in normal position)
After alignment too the problem persisted and it became more prominent .
Tyres were rotated still the pull was concentrated to left side itself.(Normally ,if its the issue with Tyres the direction of pull should change).All combination of rotation was carried out still no change.
Finally concluded it to be linked with mechanical element ,maybe Lower arm or Wheel bearing.
Experts suggest the same .
Will it be serviced under warranty?

Guys
My car had its alignment yesterday at 21000km, all the parameters were set to normal (Had a slight alignment issue ,as it was pulling slightly to left side ,when steering was in normal position)
After alignment too the problem persisted and it became more prominent .
Tyres were rotated still the pull was concentrated to left side itself.(Normally ,if its the issue with Tyres the direction of pull should change).All combination of rotation was carried out still no change.
Finally concluded it to be linked with mechanical element ,maybe Lower arm or Wheel bearing.
Experts suggest the same .
Will it be serviced under warranty?
It is not serious issue, I will post correct procedure to check alignment by yourself. If the values are fine just ignore left pull. Most of the cars will develop left full after 10K km, usually there wont be any mechanical issue, how many number of times you do alignment it will not go. If hit some thing then its different issue. No accidents then follow service manual procedure I will share in a day.

OK,but I am afraid whether it will cause uneven tyre wear .[cry]
Uneven tyre wear is caused by camber and sometimes toe if it is caused by toe it is called toe wear. that happens extremely outer edges of the tyre, camber wear starts from quarter of the tyre only experienced engineer can differentiate between two. As I told you if you car's Toe and camber values are fine then you will get uneven tyre wear. Left pull is is caused by caster. Post your alignment report here I will analyse and tell you.

Dear Sirt,

Please suggest i have swift 2006 model petrol version car, and i suffered with the millage problem on petrol as wellas on CNG. CNG kit was fitted by the company, when i was overtaken or instant acceleration it was hunting or rpm was down, Petrol mileage was 12 to 14 km so suggest me can i install Levoto timing advancer for the problem, it will be work

Top Bottom