Maruti Suzuki Swift Performance: Petrol (85 BHP) vs Diesel (75 BHP)

Now to take care of this the VVT technology was introduced in the 1.2L K series engine.That engine can give required amount of torque in the mid band.All put together,The beauty of turbo kicking in at 2K RPM for swift diesel is beautiful.But at the same time the power delivery of petrol is also awesome.
Wisely said, this is the actual truth.

Though the entire discussion revolves around Swift, I intrude myself as a Ritz owner. I run my petrol car in between 1500+ to 2000+rpm. As per driving manual one may shift to 5th gear at 40+km/hr but I generally shift to 5th above 60km/hr. At 60 Km/hr tacho reading remains around 2000 rpm.
I have no experience diesel car driving. Friends please explain the term 'turbo lag'.
Hi sir ! I recently bought a used 2010 ritz Lxi petrol. It is absolutely superb to drive !!!! I love it ! I don't know why maruti stopped its production. Lxi variant doesn't have a tachometer so if you don't mind can you tell me at what speed each gear reaches 2000 rpm from 1st gear to 4th gear. It will be very useful as my mileage in city is only 8kmpl.

Torque is the engines ability to pull a certain load and power is the ability of your engine to do high speeds. By virtue of figures declared by manufacturer on Swift, a Diesel Swift will be accelerating faster than petrol swift in lower rpm say until 2500rpm and a petrol swift should possess greater top speed by virtue of higher bhp. The figures cannot be compared accurately without comparing the gear ratios of a petrol swift versus diesel swift. The gear ratio is the multiplier of torque and the final drive ratio should also be factored in. A petrol swift should perform equally good and even better than diesel provided you constantly work the gears and keep the engine rpm at higher bands, say more like a rally or a track driver. But, for a relaxed drive diesel swift require lesser gear changes than petrol swift.
If you have booked a petrol, it is a good choice as petrol drive smoother and has a reasonable performance in city roads in congested traffic where swift diesel suffers with turbo lag. On semi-urban traffic swift diesel would outperform and on NH both could perform equal with a slight edge with swift petrol at the hands of an experienced driver.

Assuming that Ritz also has 1.2 L Kseries engine , with tuning same as that of swift .Thereby 15-20kmph shift to 2nd , after 30 shift to 3rd , after 40 shift to 4th , and beyond 45 you can engage 5th
Yeah they are the same engines and tuning. Do you have the swift petrol ?

Usually get 15-16kmpl in city , and have got 21kmpl in highways if driven within 100kmph .(All with A/c, tank to tank calculation)

This service changed Air filter, Spark Plug , Fuel filter , and now the city fuel economy is increased to 16-17kmpl .

In B2B traffic , least i have got is 12kmpl

I wonder why im getting so less like 8kmpl even though i drive sedately. Maybe because my daily running is 7.7 km one way and then 8 hours later 7.7 km again?

What kind of roads do you take the ride in , and what about traffic ?
Also is tyre pressure maintained regularly ?
What about Air filter , Spark plug , Fuel Filter ?
Odometer status ?
Yeah i follow the manual and if the mechanic during service says to change something i do. Tyre pressure i follow the psi given at the side of the door. Traffic is proper city traffic but not too much bumper to bumper. Odometer its done 29000 km in 7 years

Top Bottom