Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Sub-4 Meters Length

Re: New Swift DZire to be Under 4 Meters Length?

That's some good stuff. New DZire is not looking that bad at all and the design of wheel covers is also attractive. But if the production begins by year end, that means Maruti will continue selling current DZire along with new Swift in meanwhile.

PS: Finally it will have the beige interiors.

View attachment 19524
Image: Autocar India

Drive Safe,
350Z
Looks cool. I like the wheel caps.

Re: New Swift Dzire Sub-4 Meters Length

i dont know why everybody is happy with this dzire..its not looking very good imho. it looks more like this >> [pig]

350Z

Core Team

Check out some neat renderings of New Suzuki DZire. I'm lovin' the sporty and clean looks.

5725180277_398b20378d_b.jpg

5725738262_a8ef0dfac2_b.jpg
Pics Source: Theophiluschin

Drive Safe,
350Z

I hope the current 4mts+ DZire should not be discontinued. However there should be a refreshed DZire on the same platform rather than the chopped one![roll]

I hope the current 4mts+ DZire should not be discontinued. However there should be a refreshed DZire on the same platform rather than the chopped one![roll]
Refreshed DZire will be a definite launch I suppose. But I prefer the chopped one[;)]

350Z

Core Team

I was expecting a very shorter boot.
Something like this. Second one is in my wish list.
Great job, Mr.Boss. Second one is in my wish list too. It’s looks really sporty with SR-V’ish back styling. Sigh. It’s only in our dreams though. BTW, Headlamps resemble to Skoda Vision-D Concept.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great job, Mr.Boss. Second one is in my wish list too. It’s looks really sporty with SR-V’ish back styling. Sigh. It’s only in our dreams though. BTW, Headlamps resemble to Skoda Vision-D Concept.
Z
Thanks dear.[:)]
Yes, head lights are similar to Vision-D.

AMG

Suspended

I somehow dont get one thing.

Why are we repeatedly posting photoshops in this thread.

I mean thats what the photoshop thread is for, isnt it?

Cant we leave this game till more details emerge?

Why are we repeatedly posting photoshops in this thread.
Hey buddy, this is not examination answer sheet, like THIS answer should for THAT question only. In a discussion if required may be a PS job or anything can be included.
Don't we use renderings in Scoop threads? This is something similar to that.

Mods: Let you decide what has to be where.

350Z

Core Team

Maruti Suzuki has begun testing the compact Dzire in Manesar. This model is being internally known as 3.99 which refer to the overall length of the car. Maruti has invested Rs.500 crores for this project. Expect Dzire CS to launch by Jan 2012. Couresy: Livemint

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch the compact version of its Dzire entry-level sedan during the Delhi Auto Expo in January 2012. But, the launch could be even earlier (November/December 2011), as the trial productions of this car has already begun at Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar factory.

The smaller sedan will be cheaper because of lower duties that will apply to the reduced size of the car. Buyers can look forward to better value in the sedan segment with this car – a sedan which is cheaper, offers good mileage, and all the associated brand and service advantages of a Maruti Suzuki.

The car does not have a name yet. The compact Dzire is likely be fitted with 90 bhp petrol and 90 bhp diesel engines. While the 90 bhp petrol could be based on the Swift’s 1.2 K-series engine, the diesel motor (DDiS) could be sourced from Fiat. Fiat already has a 90 bhp Multijet diesel that powers the Punto. This engine may likely be used by Maruti Suzuki in the Dzire compact sedan.

The mileage of the Dzire compact will be in line with that of the Swift. The ARAI-certified mileage figure of the Swift petrol is 18.6 kmpl and that of Swift diesel is 22.9 kmpl. Also read: New Maruti Suzuki Swift petrol road test

Will the car redefine things in terms of looks and comfort?

The new Dzire will likely have the same comfort levels in the front and the rear as the new Swift on which it is based. Hence, expect good room for front passengers, while the rear will be best for two occupants and tighter for three passengers. The raised shoulder line and limited rear glass area could make the rear cramped and claustrophobic.

What are the expectations in terms of features and accessories?

The interiors of the Dzire compact will likely resemble that of the new Swift launched in August 2011. Further, the features of the new Swift will most likely be carried over to the Dzire compact sedan.

Expect features such as CD player, speed based auto volume control, Aux-in, USB sockets, four-speakers, two tweeters, steering-wheel mounted audio controls, dual airbags and ABS (Anti-braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution) in the top-end version of the Dzire compact.

The Dzire compact will likely sport 15-inch wheels (with wheel caps) for lower variants, 16-inch alloy wheels for the top-end variant, rear wipe-wash and a demister.

What will be the price?

We already know that the current excise duty of cars with lengths of above 4 meters is 22% and below 4 meters is 10%. If we assume all the duty savings are passed on to the buyer, the Dzire compact version (with less than 4 meters in length) is expected to be priced at Rs. 4.49 lakh which is Rs. 45,000 lower than the present Dzire sedan, priced starting from Rs. 4.94 (base petrol variant LXI) to Rs 7.91 lakh for the top-end diesel variant (ZDI).
Maruti Dzire compact sedan Variants Estimated Price* (ex-showroom, Delhi)
LXI Rs. 4.49 lakh
VXI Rs. 5.02 lakh
ZXI Rs. 5.94 lakh
LDI Rs. 5.40 lakh
VDI Rs. 5.91 lakh
ZDI Rs. 6.74 lakh

*Prices are estimated by subtracting Rs. 45,000 from current Dzire prices, actual prices may vary

Will it deliver better than the competition?

At present, the only compact sedan available in the market is the Tata Indigo eCS. When compared to the Indigo eCS, the Dzire compact has a more powerful and fuel-efficient engine, and it will also have better fit and finish.

However, the real competition for the Dzire compact will be the upcoming Tata Manza compact sedan and Mahindra Verito compact sedan. Both the compact versions of the Manza and Verito are expected to be launched by the end (November – December) of this year like the Dzire compact sedan.

Summary

The entry-level sedan segment is going to see cheaper cars in the next 2-3 months. The Dzire compact will be probably be most popular choice compared to the Manza and the Verito compact sedans. So watch out for further updates if you are planning to buy a bigger than hatchback car on a tight budget.
Source: New Maruti Swift Dzire compact sedan launch in 2011 likely | DWS Auto India

350Z

Core Team

New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire CS is expected to roll out in the market in Feb. 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

Top Bottom