Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Sub-4 Meters Length

Is it true that Dezire diesel oil filter costs Rs 3000 for 2012 model due to design change [surprise]. Oil Will be 4k as synthetic is mandatory
These two alone will cost Rs 7000. This means all 10,000 km service will cost atleast Rs10,000 now which is Rs 1 per km which is mighty expensive [anger]

Ps: My maruti 800 oil filter costs just 200 bucks [sleep]

Is it true that Dezire diesel oil filter costs Rs 3000 for 2012 model due to design change [surprise]. Oil Will be 4k as synthetic is mandatory
These two alone will cost Rs 7000. This means all 10,000 km service will cost atleast Rs10,000 now which is Rs 1 per km which is mighty expensive [anger]

Ps: My maruti 800 oil filter costs just 200 bucks [sleep]
That's not a Diesel Oil filter, instead that's a Diesel fuel filter which costs around Rs.3000.
Diesel filter for Tata Indica DiCOR costed around Rs.2700/- some 2 years ago, when the car was launched & it was mandatory to replace it at every service.

But for other cars(even VW & Skoda) including DZire(i guess) its not necessary to replace it at every 10k service. It's having some other replacement schedule & I'll confirm it later & will write that here later on.

Regarding Synthetic Oil, I don't have any problem with it.
No doubt its expensive but on the positive side it can easily last more than 15-18k kms, So I'll be replacing it at every alternative service(say 4th, then 6th, 8th & so on) in my DZire.
It only needs periodic checkup & topping up, if needed at ~7-8k kms.
10k kms isn't an advised interval for Synthetic engine oil replacement, as it's a sheer wastage of Engine Oil, which still will be having some life left in it.

Yes, you're right regarding Oil filter/fuel filter of M800, as such bits of Petrol cars are considerably much cheaper than Diesel cars.

Last edited:
oh shoot
so when is the oil filter change recommended
I guess whenever you change oil you need to change oil filter as well
when do they recommend to change oil and oil filter for new dzire diesel ?

is it the same for petrol model ?

oh shoot
so when is the oil filter change recommended
I guess whenever you change oil you need to change oil filter as well
when do they recommend to change oil and oil filter for new dzire diesel ?

is it the same for petrol model ?
Every 10km intervals [frustration]
Maruti looting us [anger]

thats purely 1 rupee per kilometre average maintenance
because average cost of service will come to 10k

thats bad man

have to checked out prices for petrol model
am sure there isn't much difference

Hi
Its is confirmed that new dezire /swift 10k service will atleast cost 10k.
Maruti is ripping off customers [anger]
Please check again with another service center or with Maruti customer care.

For TATA Manza, which is having a similar engine but with higher HP, oil filter charge for 10000 km was only Rs 347.
{Total 10K km service charge including synthetic oil, oil filter, wheel balancing, wheel alignment etc and taxes and duties was Rs 3581.}

Since its the similar FIAT engine for both cars, charges should not be that high. You need to confirm with Maruti customer care directly.

Great news, but the worse scenario is happens in Manesar plant, seriously a good car to buy in that budget.
The most amazing part is none of it's competitors could take advantage of the Manesar situation, this show's the power of Maruti brand in our country.

Completed 1st service of Dzire. Total cost was Rs.650/-.

Rs.150/- as pick & drop charges. (It is free if car is taken on girl's name [;)] ),

Rs.350/- as a/c filter charges & Rs.150/- as fitting charges.

Top Bottom