Maruti Suzuki S.Presso Launched (Coverage: Pg.3)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
As a trial I would request you all to go to a MS agency near you, to shake the Spresso at the B pillar roof, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
A 3 wheeler tempo/Vikram is more sturdy, anyway I won't sacrifice my family's safety for this contraption.
Sir, why to bother so much! Aren't we all aware of how the MSIL hatchbacks are in general. If their test's history is anything to go by then perhaps its time for history to repeat itself. Lets wait n watch.
By the by Kwid the other tincan looks more planted, and the facelift front stunning.
Definitely the KWID is looking a better deal in terms of aesthetics but even that had failed the crash test. This time around, how much effort has Renault put in for safety will be confirmed once that also gets tested.

A formal/official Crash test report will be more assuring.

Regards

Akash

I dont know what is the reason, but I noticed on this forum that people are always comments against MS and they praise every other car (including Kwid whose weight is nearly same or less than Alto). Also looks are subjective but dont understand why members always emphasize on it instead of talking mechanical and working conditions.
Tomorrow if I also need to sell the product, i will always look what buyer is looking for. And because per capita income is less in India, such cars will sell like a hot cake in price sensitive market. You an not concentrate only on high class people.
I checked car in person and it has everything which a middle class buyer ( or someone who earn below 40-50 K) is looking for and it satisfy all whistles and bells.

Last edited:
All this bull... about kitna deti hai will all change to... kitna safe hai, just wait and watch.
I've owned a WagonR previouly and know the flimsy build quality, so I know what I'm talking about.

I can forgive the SUV pretensions if the build quality is strong and safe, but unfortunately I guess at around 700+ kgs it is as tincan-ish as any other entry-level Maruti. One reason I went for Mahindra was that being an SUV maker, they make hefty and safer bodies than Maruti any day.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I dont know what is the reason, but I noticed on this forum that people are always comments against MS and they praise every other car (including Kwid whose weight is nearly same or less than Alto).
If you think so then let me tell you, there isn't any other brand in auto sector here who has failed as miserably as MSIL in NCAP tests. Agreed MSIL makes reliable cars but at cost of compromising the safety (at least structure wise if not on safety feature). It is not just us enthusiasts who are critical of MSIL on build quality; there are 100's of common people who agree to the fact that MSIL's build quality is below par. As far as KWID is concerned, purely on aesthetic basis, KWID does make a better deal. However, the new one's safety is yet to be confirmed. Let me also tell you, there are forums who might sugar coat the statements to be in good books of a car maker but at TAI rest assured, you'll always get the truth from the members. We believe in calling a spade a spade without diplomacy.

Also looks are subjective but dont understand why members always emphasize on it instead of talking mechanical and working conditions.
Looks are indeed subjective. But, every one has the right to criticize if he/she doesn't find the car good looking. Secondly, for some people it is the looks of the car that matters the most and for some the performance holds prime position. Not everyone has the same point of view.

Tomorrow if I also need to sell the product, i will always look what buyer is looking for. And because per capita income is less in India, such cars will sell like a hot cake in price sensitive market. You an not concentrate only on high class people. I checked car in person and it has everything which a middle class buyer ( or someone who earn below 40-50 K) is looking for and it satisfy all whistles and bells.
I agree that car still holds a aspirational value for many in India and ya these cars do sell but simply by selling in volumes doesn't justify the car as safe or strong. The sales depend on perception, requirements and resources of people. Money isn't the only factor and a car has nothing to do with the strata of society. Any person who has the money can buy which ever car they want. Today many of those who own farming lands in north are driving Mercs, BMW and Audi and there are those also who are uber rich yet they keep Innova, Fortuner as beater car along with their ultra-luxury line up. This car will face stiff competition from KWID and there are no doubts on it. Secondly, one's salary isn't the sole criteria in deciding which car to buy. If you have alternative resources like bank loan, loan from company, parental money you can consider a higher segment car. Today even leasing options are there from car companies. Lastly, even with money, what also matters is how much you wish to invest. So, based on the level of investment in car purchase, one can choose from the available option in that particular budget. Be it a 30K earner or a 3L earner, S-presso is not the only car right now which ticks all boxes.

I can forgive the SUV pretensions if the build quality is strong and safe, but unfortunately I guess at around 700+ kgs it is as tincan-ish as any other entry-level Maruti. One reason I went for Mahindra was that being an SUV maker, they make hefty and safer bodies than Maruti any day.
Sir, being from a SUV maker doesn't necessarily mean that all their cars are going to be tank like. Eg: Scorpio had failed crash test. Nano also failed crash test. Whether it is TML or M&M, it depends on car to car i.e how well a particular car is designed and built to handle crashes. We can always have good and bad products from any brand. MSIL's Brezza secured 4 stars, M&M's Marazzo got 4 stars, Nexon got 5 stars and all these brands have had their share of crash test failures.

All this bull... about kitna deti hai will all change to... kitna safe hai, just wait and watch.
That would be indeed the best day for car/auto enthusiasts and giant leap for common car buyers.

I've owned a WagonR previouly and know the flimsy build quality, so I know what I'm talking about.
[cheers] Sir, don't be upset. Celebrate Dusherra. Festive Season hai sir. Build Quality of MSIL is a never ending debate (unless MSIL themselves improve on it).

Regards

Akash

[cheers] Sir, don't be upset. Celebrate Dusherra. Festive Season hai sir. Build Quality of MSIL is a never ending debate (unless MSIL themselves improve on it).

Regards

Akash
Hahaha, upset and me, no way Akash, Gyan baat raha tha (spreading wisdom)
You too enjoy your holidays.
Regards
Vinod

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso: Accessory Package Revealed

The Maruti Suzuki SPresso gets a range of accessories on the inside right from designer mats to interior styling

Maruti Suzuki is making it easy for its customers to choose the accessory kit it offers in the S-Presso. The company offers two packages - Energetic and the Expedition. We give you a detailed list of what's on offer on both these kits

prdf8fpg_maruti-suzuki-spresso_625x300_04_October_19.jpg

The energetic accessory kit comes priced at ₹ 27,490 and comes with

1. Sizzle orange lining seat cover
  2. Front Skid plate
  3. Rear Skid plate
  4. Bumper Bezel garnish in orange
  5. Rear upper spoiler
  6. Body side moulding
  7. Designer mat
  8. Side skid plate
  9. Front upper grille garnish
  10. Steering Wheel cover
  11. Groove boot mats
  12. Tissue box
  13. Number plate garnish
The Expedition kit is priced at ₹ 26,490 and here's all what you get
  1. Red lining seat cover
  2. Front skid plate
  3. Rear skid plate
  4. Door visor
  5. Door cladding
  6. Wheel arch cladding
  7. Interior styling kit
  8. Designer mat
  9. Back Door garnish
  10. Front upper grille garnish
  11. Cushions
  12. Groove boot mats
  13. Steering Wheel cover
  14. Tissue box
  15. Number plate garnish
Read more..

If you think so then let me tell you, there isn't any other brand in auto sector here who has failed as miserably as MSIL in NCAP tests. Agreed MSIL makes reliable cars but at cost of compromising the safety (at least structure wise if not on safety feature). It is not just us enthusiasts who are critical of MSIL on build quality; there are 100's of common people who agree to the fact that MSIL's build quality is below par. As far as KWID is concerned, purely on aesthetic basis, KWID does make a better deal. However, the new one's safety is yet to be confirmed. Let me also tell you, there are forums who might sugar coat the statements to be in good books of a car maker but at TAI rest assured, you'll always get the truth from the members. We believe in calling a spade a spade without diplomacy.

Looks are indeed subjective. But, every one has the right to criticize if he/she doesn't find the car good looking. Secondly, for some people it is the looks of the car that matters the most and for some the performance holds prime position. Not everyone has the same point of view.

I agree that car still holds a aspirational value for many in India and ya these cars do sell but simply by selling in volumes doesn't justify the car as safe or strong. The sales depend on perception, requirements and resources of people. Money isn't the only factor and a car has nothing to do with the strata of society. Any person who has the money can buy which ever car they want. Today many of those who own farming lands in north are driving Mercs, BMW and Audi and there are those also who are uber rich yet they keep Innova, Fortuner as beater car along with their ultra-luxury line up. This car will face stiff competition from KWID and there are no doubts on it. Secondly, one's salary isn't the sole criteria in deciding which car to buy. If you have alternative resources like bank loan, loan from company, parental money you can consider a higher segment car. Today even leasing options are there from car companies. Lastly, even with money, what also matters is how much you wish to invest. So, based on the level of investment in car purchase, one can choose from the available option in that particular budget. Be it a 30K earner or a 3L earner, S-presso is not the only car right now which ticks all boxes.

Sir, being from a SUV maker doesn't necessarily mean that all their cars are going to be tank like. Eg: Scorpio had failed crash test. Nano also failed crash test. Whether it is TML or M&M, it depends on car to car i.e how well a particular car is designed and built to handle crashes. We can always have good and bad products from any brand. MSIL's Brezza secured 4 stars, M&M's Marazzo got 4 stars, Nexon got 5 stars and all these brands have had their share of crash test failures.

That would be indeed the best day for car/auto enthusiasts and giant leap for common car buyers.

Regards

Akash
I just mentioned what I have noticed. Nothing to get panic here. And reply on this doesn't showing diplomacy here ? Members on this forum literary target that person who praise the MS vehicles. These are our own opinions and thats what I mentioned and still you are doing the same thing which I mentioned in my first statement. this shows everything.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Members on this forum literary target that person who praise the MS vehicles.
Out of the 22K members here, I guess 80-85% of us have owned a MSIL car in past and even own in present. There isn't any personal agenda towards any MS car owner by any member. Point of contention is the undue praise and undue popularizing of MS cars without comparing them to their competitors in segments.In my posts above, I haven't rejected outright the S-presso. My point is, it is not the only appealing car presently in the segment. Cars like KWID are good too and offer good features. Also, if you properly read, I have mentioned above, both the KWID & S-presso need to prove their safety. It is not wrong to seek the safety crash test report when we all know how have the MSIL hatchbacks (India model) have scored in crash tests previously.

These are our own opinions and thats what I mentioned and still you are doing the same thing which I mentioned in my first statement. this shows everything.
I have no agenda with any member here. All members are equally dear to me and I feel happy when anyone buys a new car irrespective of the brand. I respect their decision. I am only critical of the cars not of member's choice. Secondly, I suggest you to avoid making unsolicited remarks on members of our forum. It doesn't look good from a co-member.

Regards

Akash

Relax guys, concentrate on core view of this thread. Frankly speaking safety is cat and mouse game. Recently I have visited Honda showroom felt build quality nothing better. My personal mechanic says now a days Hyundai too same. Crash tests at 60Kmph speed. Put speed limit exactly at the speed where crash tests done. I have seen very high end safety cars met with wrong fate.

Regards

Akash
I understand that SUVs need not be necessarily safer from a technical point of view or crash test results, but still the feeling of sitting in a solid built vehicle and the heavier weight and build gives some stability. Of course, badly designed SUVs (top heavy for example) can still be unsafe. But compared to sitting in a Maruti 800, Alto or any similar built car, I feel chances of surviving crash in SUV build cars is much higher.

Of course, when crashing against buses or trucks, it doesn't matter much. Still SUVs or cars with higher crumple zone may save the occupants to an extent.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
But compared to sitting in a Maruti 800, Alto or any similar built car, I feel chances of surviving crash in SUV build cars is much higher.
Of course, when crashing against buses or trucks, it doesn't matter much. Still SUVs or cars with higher crumple zone may save the occupants to an extent.
Correct.
2 scenarios,with passengers in both are wearing seat belts.

1) When crashing with trucks, the sedans and hatchbacks tend to go under the truck body thereby not deploying the crumple zones. So more dangerous.
2) SUV crash with a truck ,because of suv's height has a higher margin of crumple zone deployment, and also has a lesser chance of going under the truck. Therefore less dangerous,in this case ,compared to a sedan.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
But compared to sitting in a Maruti 800, Alto or any similar built car, I feel chances of surviving crash in SUV build cars is much higher.
Sir survival in a crash is subjective. Irrespective of the car one is sitting in, a lot of other parameters are to be considered when a car and it's occupants are involved in a crash. Build quality is surely a significant part but along with it during a crash, factors like speed, driving manners, use of safety features like seat belts etc also make a huge difference. There are many cases in which people have survived crashes in hatchbacks and weren't able to survive in a SUV during a crash. Sense of Safety can't only be dependent on the built quality alone. Actually, till now there isn't a official benchmark of build quality in entry level hatchbacks but yes cars like Tiago definitely have up-ed the build quality. It is therefore very much necessary to test the entry level hatchbacks sold here at NCAP programs because they are the most popular segment in India.

Depends case to case.

Regards

Akash

Hello all,
My nephew has shortlisted S-Presso, top end orange colour, i TD'ed the same last week, it's a Hoot to drive.
His budget is 5L OTR.
Any S-Presso owners here, to let us know what all accessories were given, and price breakup if possible.
Thanks

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti S-Presso’s accessories detailed [Update]

Maruti Suzuki showcased an accessorised S-Presso at Comic-Con 2019 in Delhi last week. Here's the walkaround video of the same

Maruti Suzuki is offering a plethora of accessories for the S-Presso. Its exterior accessories include day time running lamp, 12-spoke machine-finished alloy wheels, wheel arch cladding, side cladding, bodyside moulding with side inserts (orange/silver), lower bumper garnish, front upper grille garnish, door visor, bumper bezel garnish, window frame kit and back door garnish.

Read more..

Top Bottom