Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Facelift Launched @ 8.49 Lakhs

Thread Starter #31
Re: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Facelift Launching in October

Maruti Suzuki to launch the facelift S Cross on 28th September.

Source- Autocar India

Keenly awaiting S-Cross's launch now. Hopefully it will be priced competitively and mid trims will be value for money

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Although the launch has been delayed but reviews have started coming out. But without prices I guess there is no way to judge the product objectively
Having gained experience recently of the media drive and then followed by the Official Reviews that float online within 1 or 2 hours of media drive, I would like to say, Writing Official Reviews has stoop to a new low. Renowned publications are running after the likes and clicks on their publication at the cost of content and quality of presentation. Until recently, I too thought there is delay in our reviews for some reasons but thankfully it is for the good that our TAI official reviews come late. To understand the car and it's manners a drive of 40-50 kms and a time span of 2-3 hour is not enough for official review. TAI's test drive reviews are way more detailed than so called official reviews of 'elite' publications. I am happy that there is still some intelligent guys out there like TAI and T-bhp who do not compromise on details and quality of reviews. In simple words, at the media drives most of the journos mock the Automotive Journalism. Neither they understand the car properly nor do they provide content with quality and substance. As for the S-Cross reviews, I would not even refer to these online pamphlet reviews who finish up in couple of paragraphs.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift launched at Rs 8.49-11.29 lakhs for 1.3 Multijet
Maruti has launched the facelift of its S-Cross crossover at Rs 8.49 lakh, with the top-spec Alpha variant priced at Rs 11.29 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi).

In terms of powertrain, the S-Cross will be offered with the same Fiat-sourced, 1,248cc, turbo-diesel motor that produces 90hp and 200Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual transmission that sends power to the front wheels. The engine now features Maruti’s smart hybrid system that consists of a start-stop system, brake energy regeneration and uses an Integrated Starter Generator motor to offer a mild torque-assist function. The previously offered 1.6-litre diesel engine will not be offered with the S-Cross facelift.

The biggest changes can be seen on the exterior of the crossover including the new chrome-finished grille with vertical slats, new headlamps that feature LED projectors on top-spec variants, LED daytime running lights and a fresh design for the bonnet and front bumper. The facelift also gets two-tone machine-finished alloy wheels, wider 215/60 R16 tyres (up from the previous version’s 205/60 R16) and new LED tail-lamps.

The interior of the new S-Cross has also been refreshed. The cabin now comes with a new, piano-black trim on the centre console, satin chrome accents, soft-feel material on the dash, a new leather finish for the central arm-rest, and an upgraded touchscreen infotainment system that is now compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

All variants, from the base Sigma to the top-spec Alpha, come with safety features such as dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD and Isofix child seat mounts at the rear.

The Maruti S-Cross rivals the likes of the Honda BR-V, Hyundai Creta, Renault Duster and Nissan’s Terrano.

One strange thing I noticed recently is that,
Nexa was not able to push their flagship model of Maruti, thus Nexa brought successful Ciaz (11.44 Lakhs ) and displaced Scross as their flagship!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

Maruti Suzuki S Cross face-lift launched.

All variants, from the base Sigma to the top-spec Alpha, come with safety features such as dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD and Isofix child seat mounts at the rear.

Capture.JPG

link

Last edited:

Maruti Suzuki S Cross face-lift launched.

View attachment 233127

link
Assuming the Banglore Ex prices for Zeta will be <10 L, and on road approx 12L,
which one would you chose?
Tata Nexon Diesel XZ + DT (on road close to 11.75L)
Maruti S cross Zeta 1.3 (on road 12L)

given that S cross is more spacious, has 4 disc brakes and the interiors are somewhat comparable in terms of quality and can expect peace of mind right out of showroom from Maruti?[confused]

Assuming the Banglore Ex prices for Zeta will be <10 L, and on road approx 12L,
which one would you chose?
Tata Nexon Diesel XZ + DT (on road close to 11.75L)
Maruti S cross Zeta 1.3 (on road 12L)

given that S cross is more spacious, has 4 disc brakes and the interiors are somewhat comparable in terms of quality and can expect peace of mind right out of showroom from Maruti?[confused]
Given that Nexon 1.5 TD is Powerful,feature loaded,butch looking and very fresh, I would go for Nexon eyes closed ! Also note interior dimensions are similar so is the boot space !

The future of Scross is still unclear !

Given that Nexon 1.5 TD is Powerful,feature loaded,butch looking and very fresh, I would go for Nexon eyes closed ! Also note interior dimensions are similar so is the boot space !

The future of Scross is still unclear !

Fresh=Risky, I'm ready to take the risk of owning Tata vehicle, but Scross appears/feels bit more spacious and the features are almost similar with apparent better mileage. From what I was told at nexa, the prices were supposed to be 1L+ more than the outgoing models given that shvs+projector+cess added to facelift, and hence had crossed off S cross zeta from my list.

Now with these prices, dilemma:stupid:

Yup, Scross is the well built Maruti ever that's the positive thing about it , I mentioned fresh for Nexon since Scross is available globally since 2013, is going through the midlife facelift .

Fresh=Risky then how could we buy newer cars and none of the newer cars will sell too ? , I agree cars built from scratches would need some time to settle , but for Nexon most of the things underpinning are proven , and the new engines were tested for 1.7 million Kms too across India !

Fresh=Risky, I'm ready to take the risk of owning Tata vehicle, but Scross appears/feels bit more spacious and the features are almost similar with apparent better mileage. From what I was told at nexa, the prices were supposed to be 1L+ more than the outgoing models given that shvs+projector+cess added to facelift, and hence had crossed off S cross zeta from my list.

Now with these prices, dilemma:stupid:
Personally both were on my shopping list, but given the sad bhp produced by the Maruti engine and cramped driver seat on Nexon (personally for me) I went out and bought a Skoda Monte Carlo, [:D] (I hope the decision doesnt come and bite me in my ass)

Personally both were on my shopping list, but given the sad bhp produced by the Maruti engine and cramped driver seat on Nexon (personally for me) I went out and bought a Skoda Monte Carlo, [:D] (I hope the decision doesnt come and bite me in my ass)
Congratulations !
It's always better to go with the brand & product we can digest personally , else we won't feel that happiness in using the product for the entire period of usage

Super choice! Rapid Monte Carlo is simply wow looking with brilliant engine under the hood. ASS of Skoda seems to be improving and with they going aggressive with new launches and facelifts - Octavia & Kodiaq, I am sure they will up their game.

Super choice! Rapid Monte Carlo is simply wow looking with brilliant engine under the hood. ASS of Skoda seems to be improving and with they going aggressive with new launches and facelifts - Octavia & Kodiaq, I am sure they will up their game.
Yup after driving the Rapid, there was no way I could have gone back S-Cross or Nexon. However its only the ASS that puts doubt on my purchase...

Top Bottom