Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thank you for the response - I like to update here, (the car is in the same condition).
It is the battery, The headlights are DIM when on the battery (like Torch) and the voltage reading is in general 12.26v and now after nearly two weeks no usage today the reading is 12:13v...but in this process it may blow out the power window fuse. Hopefully, I'm able to change the battery by this week. According to the user manual, the power window fuse is in the Engine Compartment 'Power window, Ignition,
Wiper, Starter - 50A'

Was any electrical fitment made (accessory) recently?

One way of diagnosis is OBD scan the vehicle , also check with the fuse box(I recommend you to take to MASS)
I do install a Chinees Andriod HU in August 2018 but I'm sure it is not that, I removed that HU, Andriod Smart Mirror (March 2018) and Dash Cam (May 2016) once the problem cropped up 2 weeks ago, Checked with OBD HUD module two weeks back and there is nothing.
I will update here as event goes.

I like to report here, as per post number #129 and #134 all the problems are rectified now, it starts with 5 + years old weak battery and ends with a brand new battery, no need to visit at MASS. Car is back to its usual self, engine starting as brand new one...all reliability restored.

Exide DIN 65 (as known as Dzire Battery) cost me 5800/- with the exchange of old battery.

Hi all
I am owning Ritz Zxi which I bought in 2014. I am having an issue related to mileage from quite sometime. I am getting mileage around 11 - 12km per litre. On highways it is around 15km per litre.
I have mentioned this issue when giving the vehicle for service. There was no change after the service.
I suppose, the mileage should be around 14kmpl. Is my expectation right? What should be the possible causes for mileage? Is it possible that it is not service properly?

Hi Guys,

I own a maruti ritz 2013 model petrol variant, recently i can see the suspension is bouncing and bumpy drive. is that i need to replace the complete front and back struds.
Do any one have the same issue and what is estimate cost of replacing the suspension front and back?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hi Guys,

I own a maruti ritz 2013 model petrol variant, recently i can see the suspension is bouncing and bumpy drive. is that i need to replace the complete front and back struds.
Do any one have the same issue and what is estimate cost of replacing the suspension front and back?
Sometimes the bushes only are required to be changed. Are the shock absorbers leaking oil? If yes then go for new ones. Child parts are available so you can still use the same spring with the new struts. Each strut ( I mean complete assembly) will cost you about 4000 RS.
Friends,
I can't open the air filter chamber of my Ritz vxi. Can anyone help me in this regard?
Please clarify ,do you mean engine air filter or the passenger compartment air filter?
While the former is a straightforward job, the latter is a bit tricky.

Sometimes the bushes only are required to be changed. Are the shock absorbers leaking oil? If yes then go for new ones. Child parts are available so you can still use the same spring with the new struts. Each strut ( I mean complete assembly) will cost you about 4000 RS.

Please clarify ,do you mean engine air filter or the passenger compartment air filter?
While the former is a straightforward job, the latter is a bit tricky.
I am talking about engine air filter. Please post some photos if you are able to open it showing process.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
. Its easy remove 4 clamps of the air filter box (2 on top , 2 on bottom)
Correct. Even your owners manual has clearly shown this procedure, with pictures. Remember that the whole air filter box will come out if you just pull up the lower part of assembly upwards and then towards you. It sits on 2 rubber bushes.

Last edited:

There is no oil leaking but the ride is very bumpy and hardess can be felt in steering so MASS ask to replace the struts as it's old and even though there is no oil leak. 3month back i have changed the bushes and ball joint's both side. Thats why i want to check with tech people on this.
As per him all 4 cost to 9.5K and including the labor roughly quote to 11K.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
How many kms your car has run? The price they are quoting is reasonable. Go ahead if the kms piled up are enough already.

Last edited:
In part marked 5 , you can see 2 clips , just unclip that , and that box cover will be enabled to be removed ,and you can remove the filter (Just like taking a snack out of snack box)
It is not so easy. I have inspected that two slots on right side exist in part 1[The front of air filter housing] with which the filter back is secured, Also it appears to remove housing back portion of the filter from that slots I have loosen the screw of hose pipe 13&12 and remove a sensor plug[14] attached on it. It appears to me that I have to unclip the clips, loosen the screw on part13&12 and remove a sensor plug[12] on back cover housing.Then to take the back cover slide towards left to take the air filter out. .

Last edited:

Top Bottom