Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Reporting 1st Issue in Maruti Ritz ZDi

waiting for your update. btw how much km on the odo? and what is the avg FE that you are getting

Thread Starter #17

Ok guys, sorry for not updating this post for long, was extremely busy.

Update: Right on the money as I had said, cleaning the EGR valve changing the fuel filter got the problem resolved!!, the main culprit was the diesel filter and the faulty water in diesel filter sensor (sensor was replaced FOC in extended warranty).

This time they recommended me to put a maruti genuine engine conditioner (443Rs forgot the qty), since it was not much pricey I said yes to it during the job card preparation.I asked him to show me what it is, it was packed in a genuine maruti spare part box and he showed me a open bottle of it, feels as an engine oil like substance, he says that maruti "says" this will help reduce the vibrations in diesel plant. I said if anything bad goes to the engine "You" are responsible.

Must be a placebo but i feel the car is running smooth(it must be the oil change, not this filthy conditioner thing).

Total damage was Rs 4214. EGR valve cleaning labour charges was 200Rs only.

Thread Starter #19

All i can say is yes the vibrations are way too less.

I just have a question though, not concerning this topic, but the manual says that air filter cleaning is not required in diesel cars only to be replaced every 20k kms or less during severe dust conditions. Why?

Thread Starter #20

Guys, one goes and another comes, now the car is jerking (read
Carburetor mein kachra type jerks) if I drive on constant speed above 80kph but when i leave the accelerator pedal and press again, everything is normal, it comes back again especially during overtaking at speeds above 80kph, not below that.

I called up a SA in MASS he says

Suspects:
1) Fuel filter clogged? (which i did not change during the recent service), i told him got it replace at 26k service. He says that should be fine but need a recheck for the flow.
2) The accelerator pedal wiring may be loose (wiring????) he says the ritz comes with a drive by wire accelerator so its not physically connected to the engine with cables but an actuator actually controls it.

Has that happened with anyone else?, need some light.

Carburetor mein kachra type jerks) if I drive on constant speed above 80kph but when i leave the accelerator pedal and press again, everything is normal, it comes back again especially during overtaking at speeds above 80kph, not below that.

Suspects:
1) Fuel filter clogged? (which i did not change during the recent service), i told him got it replace at 26k service. He says that should be fine but need a recheck for the flow.
2) The accelerator pedal wiring may be loose (wiring????) he says the ritz comes with a drive by wire accelerator so its not physically connected to the engine with cables but an actuator actually controls it.

It may be the first one, I doubt the second one, if the wiring is loose the problem must occur at any speed. Visit the A/S/S and ask him to check in your presence.

OT : BTW You must had been to Goa last week, as you mentioned earlier, why not post travelogue with pics?[cheers]

Thread Starter #22

I too thought the same about the wiring, but I don't if there is a potentiometer or something of that sort connected with the pedal it may be producing unnecessary surges at the position where the car touches 80kph.

And about GOA, the plan got scrubbed, did i miss the trip?:sorry:

All i can say is yes the vibrations are way too less.

I just have a question though, not concerning this topic, but the manual says that air filter cleaning is not required in diesel cars only to be replaced every 20k kms or less during severe dust conditions. Why?
If you clean air filter.
Possibly you will be damaging it instead of cleaning
How
IMO most local garages pass the air from reverse direction to clean the air filter. Or these people shake filter vigorously.
Air filter consist of very thin material which arrests the fine contaminations from air.
By passing compressed air from reverse direction. Or vigorous shaking will make Air filter more pores and will allow more dust and unwanted particles to enter in to engine.

Suspects:

Jerking represent uneven supply of fuel while ignition so most close part is fuel filter which might clogged or accelerator (drive by wire technology) sensor is malfunctioning.

This analysis is passed to you by service engineer but most vital is fuel filter as you have changed oil recently how come MASS didn’t change all filters (read air, fuel, oil filters)

They are supposed to change all the filters along with oil. Make a thumb rule if you visit MASS for premature oil change please make sure that you get these mentioned filters changed.

Adulteration in diesel could be one of the major cause of Jerks in engine.
Although this is very general and preliminary analysis.

(like feeling feverish take one Paracetamol tablet still not feeling Ok then visit Doctor)

Thread Starter #24

I got a call from the service center, they were asking about the feedback of the recently done servicing on my car. I told them about this problem, they have fixed up an apoointment tomorrow. Lets c what they suggest.

I got a call from the service center, they were asking about the feedback of the recently done servicing on my car. I told them about this problem, they have fixed up an apoointment tomorrow. Lets c what they suggest.
Good example of MASS they have got clear winning edge here in terms of customer satisfaction.[clap]
How they deal with cars is different ball game but they make sure customer’s voice is getting acknowledged.

Thread Starter #26

Yes they even called me to get my insurance renewed, so several reminders that i got annoyed one day, but not to blame them, people like me want something like this.

I am thinking, if they suggest to replace the oil filter, i will tell them i will only pay after my proper satisfaction.I don't want to go up and down if this problem relapses.

Thread Starter #27

Mods, sorry for this but i just now noticed the Title as ...ZDI, please change that to VDI. My bad:stupid:

I too thought the same about the wiring, but I don't if there is a potentiometer or something of that sort connected with the pedal it may be producing unnecessary surges at the position where the car touches 80kph.

And about GOA, the plan got scrubbed, did i miss the trip?:sorry:
This is not fair, you should have joined us then [evil]

Thread Starter #29

I am sorry about the trip mate, i will make it next time.

Well about the issue, it is resolved, it was the fuel filter(quoted as exchange filter in the invoice)

@ fusion_defusion
What is the break up for
EGR cleaning
Fuel filter
Oil filter
And the oil change cost – quantity and rate.

This could work as ready to use kind of solution for the black smoke.
Apart from this there is question how did you come to know that there is continuous black smoke from your car,
Did you yourself notice it while driving or someone else updated you about black smoke.
During black smoke period did you observe changes in FE or performance of car.

Top Bottom