Maruti Suzuki Ritz Ownership Review

excellent raj_5004.i understand what you want to portray with comparison of an muv with small car and kudos to you . i have got a wonderful picture of how it is. that is why punto entered.
well what i intended to convey is scorpio was not fun to drive for me at atleast. comparatively swift was far ahead and so is punto even ritz will also share same attitude(i dont have long term driving experience in ritz). but innova did make me smile in those fields.
body roll and bumpy ride in scorpio was giving me least confidence compared to excitement of a good engine. it was great machine to overtake from stand still or when tailgaiting. but bringing it back to lane was intimidating(i felt as if back in old mahindra pickup). so fun part was out.
ps: everybody in this world should be hating lazy engines ,what good is it for?

Thread Starter #47
@ avindu: thanks buddy.

@ jayadev: No need to be so offended buddy! what i have written is precisely what i feel & entirely my opinion. whatever you have posted about scorpio maybe true & i wont challenge your thinking as its totally your opinion.

I dont know what you understood of my comparo & i wont even ask you that but my intention was NOT to degrade any car. I was just comparing the three cars i have & what i feel about the trio irrespective of whether its a hatch or MUV or SUV. so why bring swift & punto into picture? You said "the punto would have been the winner" if scorpio, punto & innova is compared & i said "not for me atleast". why take it personally? chill...

and if you still feel its not fair, then i am sorry, you can ignore my post!

Last edited:
no issues raj . i am just making use of my liberty .
intention is which is the best one . that is the only sensible result for price we pay!!
no matter if it is of any brand or any make.

i still feel pity on tata and mahindra they are not able to force themselves into limelight rather shadowed by japanese and western tactics.
at least they should learn it from maruthi suzuki were it is proved, not the premium quality which concerns people but reliability and practicality -yet they are years ahead .
take my comments as positively as appreciation for your choice and selection of ritz indeed a sensible car for india and people like me too as i myself zeroed at ritz an year ago. but arrogance of maruthi sales persons made me to step back.( 3 months waiting periods no demo car no test drives weird statements like "if you purchase accessories worth rs.30000 we can arrange the car in a month.. such hassles).

(but i feel petrol-heads should not end at sensibility hence the debate goes on)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49
I totally agree to what you have said in the last line - Ritz & Innova has been sensible choices for my family, but not the scorpio. The scorpio is a car which i bought from my heart & not my head! I guess the same is with your punto. Neither of our cars are perfect compared to the Japs but then there is something in the car which clicked for us, and thats what matters.

Regarding Tata & mahindra, i seriously respect these companies a lot more than the Japs. I am aware of the issues in TATA cars but none of the Mahindra vehicles can be called "unreliable". You have many ownership reports of scorpio owners on this forum & on net, you can have a look. but then thats altogether a different topic & if you want, we can debate over it in this thread.

I totally agree to what you have said in the last line - Ritz & Innova has been sensible choices for my family, but not the scorpio. The scorpio is a car which i bought from my heart & not my head! I guess the same is with your punto. Neither of our cars are perfect compared to the Japs but then there is something in the car which clicked for us, and thats what matters.

Regarding Tata & mahindra, i seriously respect these companies a lot more than the Japs. I am aware of the issues in TATA cars but none of the Mahindra vehicles can be called "unreliable". You have many ownership reports of scorpio owners on this forum & on net, you can have a look. but then thats altogether a different topic & if you want, we can debate over it in this thread.
hope you wont mind if i say punto is moving away from initial gripes to fair perfomance to excellence for me.and i have observed that it is typical fiat characteristics which japs car do not show.

i wont accuse mahindra for overall reliability. but there is much to be evolved in them. a.s.s and built quality is very good in mahindra but while riding you keep on missing this or that kind of perfomance i wish they could resolve it.

thanks raj,
I think my decision is correct -selecting ritz VDI-ABS-White.
jayadev comment about huge alloy wheels- can u give any suggetions
Is it white color alloy ?

Nice choice of a car man. But why petrol? any particular reason?

One more thing, your scorpio's bullbar is looking awesome. Can you please tell me the cost? :offtopic:

Top Bottom