Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 6+ Years - 60,000 Kms - Zero Issues

Guys please hear to this video of my car noise. This is from past 7-8 months there is some weird noise like a motor grinding. First I thought the worn out tyres are the reason but recently i changed to new and still its the same. Is this normal or should I need to check it up.

https://youtu.be/dCi_B9Vg9PQ

Listen bit carefully i have increased and decreased the speed so that you can notice the same.

Please post with your inputs on the same. Thank you
Whats the engine RPM when this sound starts.Suggest you to do an OBD scanning ,check with all engine parameters .If any of the parameter is out of tune ,then post the same,we will try to help you out.

I still use my 2013 July model Ritz VDI. It has clocked around 73500kms now. Last month car faced some stalling issue (Warning lamp on) which was resolved by replacing a wire connecting to ECM. Now, I need to replace the tyres and am looking for a cheaper yet good option. JK tyres offer 3 year unconditional warranty. But, I see CEAT, JK and MRF as no better than China brands. So, how is Apollo Amazer 4G 185/70/R14? OR Should I go for any other brands? Recommendations please.

Thread Starter #546
biker

As my experience says the following as i had the same thoughts of replacement with bit cheaper tyres this time and gone ahead with Good year assurance triple max.

Tyres I felt always good are : Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama as per my self experience and few others feedback.

The cheaper brands are like Good year, Ceat, Apollo, MRF.

I have used apollo amazer earlier so not very keen on them as their wear and tear is faster.

JK are pretty brittle which were my stock tyres on Ritz I did not liked them.

BS turanza were really good which were my previous tyres before replacing to Good year.

Good year experience : Not pretty good as they make good amount of noise as well not very confident at higher speeds of 120KMPH +. Not very happy with the decision

So finally my suggestion would be for a cheaper set is either go with Ceat or MRF

biker

As my experience says the following as i had the same thoughts of replacement with bit cheaper tyres this time and gone ahead with Good year assurance triple max.

Tyres I felt always good are : Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama as per my self experience and few others feedback.

The cheaper brands are like Good year, Ceat, Apollo, MRF.

I have used apollo amazer earlier so not very keen on them as their wear and tear is faster.

JK are pretty brittle which were my stock tyres on Ritz I did not liked them.

BS turanza were really good which were my previous tyres before replacing to Good year.

Good year experience : Not pretty good as they make good amount of noise as well not very confident at higher speeds of 120KMPH +. Not very happy with the decision

So finally my suggestion would be for a cheaper set is either go with Ceat or MRF
Thanks. am also planning to do. Found one of the front tyre was really bad and currently running on Stepney. So need to change.

Thread Starter #548
Small update :

Long pending from the day I bought this car, to get 2 front power windows, somehow I could not do that from 7 long years and finally done with it yesterday

RD make(OEM maruti), 2 front power windows with auto roll up for Rs.5500/-. Re-leaved of rotating all the time with hand especially co passenger window[:)]

I was planning to change to Yokohama Earth-1 yesterday. But, the dealer discouraged me, telling that present Yoko E-1's are manufactured in India and are of no good quality. He is offering the tyres for Rs3850 for 185/70/R14. I'm really confused whether to go for Earth-1 or not. Another option is Michelin XM2 which costs Rs4600 for the same size. But, savings some money, when you're changing all the 4 tyres.

Thread Starter #550
I was planning to change to Yokohama Earth-1 yesterday. But, the dealer discouraged me, telling that present Yoko E-1's are manufactured in India and are of no good quality. He is offering the tyres for Rs3850 for 185/70/R14. I'm really confused whether to go for Earth-1 or not. Another option is Michelin XM2 which costs Rs4600 for the same size. But, savings some money, when you're changing all the 4 tyres.
biker

Michelin are always good but bit softer rubber I feel and not good for bad roads. So bit pricey too.

I suggest you negotiate some BS tyres they are good in all worlds and never go with goodyear I am not at all satisfied with their noise and the wobbling feel.

Nest you can go with MRF zvts or Ceat milaze and avoid JK for sure

Thread Starter #551
Guys please hear to this video of my car noise. This is from past 7-8 months there is some weird noise like a motor grinding. First I thought the worn out tyres are the reason but recently i changed to new and still its the same. Is this normal or should I need to check it up.

https://youtu.be/dCi_B9Vg9PQ

Listen bit carefully i have increased and decreased the speed so that you can notice the same.

Please post with your inputs on the same. Thank you
Finally took the car to maruti service yesterday and they did the OBD and found that the rear wheel bearings are the issue and also few other things changed. posting the pics for the idea that what all have changed along with the bill. they bought the car yesterday and parked at home in my absence, need to take a trial today and see how it behaves now. will post you once again about this later in the day

Attachments

Hello everyone,

I require your help on upgrading my Ritz vxi tyres.
I am planning to go for 15" alloys. Could you please tell whether I can go for 195/60/R15 or 185/65/R15.

I haven't seen anyone upgraded to 185/65/R15 profile for ritz though it is a right upgrade.

Many had advised not to go for 195/60/R15 since it reduces comfort.

So I am in bit confusion and considering 185/70/R14 as well.

Please give your suggestions.

Thread Starter #555
Here is an update of my Ritz probably my last update of this car as i sold it recently with a heavy heart. It clocked some 75000 on ODO and its been with me for 8+ years. Never let me down in any manner did few long trips including a recent one to Hyderabad-coorg.
Reasons for selling : Heavy clutch become painful in fast growing Hyderabad traffic as it has good amount of 2nd gear lag, steering feels heavy, no safety features, engine will be closed by 2020, depreciating selling cost with the effects of BS 6
Booked KIA Seltos diesel and expected delivery within 3 months.

Top Bottom