Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 6+ Years - 60,000 Kms - Zero Issues

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi

Friends, I have a Ritz Vxi for 2yrs. Initially it was driven by drivers,but now a days I drive it. Occasionally for long journey driver is hired like last Sunday.
Now the problem is I find some difficulty in shifting gear. This happens for 1st & 3rd. 2nd,4th & 5th are OK. Last 15 th August I was driving back home and had been on a slope when I preferred to shift to 3rd. The gear could not be put into slot. I managed to put it into 2nd after having some distance in neutral. But when I came down to even road I found no problem to put it into 3rd. This kind of thing happened a month ago while tried start [ flat surface ]after a signal. The gear did not easily move to 1st. After some struggling and honks from behind I could move off.
Last Sunday[17th August] I had a long journey and hired a driver. He did not complain on this issue. Shall I visit workshop and the vehicle checked?[confused]
Whats the status now? have you taken the vehicle to MASS?
Is the problem related to clutch ?
Mine is a VXi 2010 model vehicle but I never had any issue like this.
My problem is the reverse gear slot. From day one it was difficult to slot to reverse gear directly . Need to put to 1st gear and then only it will come back to revers.
I think its sort of something in my mind.[lol]
Please update on any issues .

Whats the status now? have you taken the vehicle to MASS?
Is the problem related to clutch ?
Mine is a VXi 2010 model vehicle but I never had any issue like this.
My problem is the reverse gear slot. From day one it was difficult to slot to reverse gear directly . Need to put to 1st gear and then only it will come back to revers.
I think its sort of something in my mind.[lol]
Please update on any issues .
I have not taken my car to service. I think there was some clumsiness on my part while shifting gear. Because I took the car again and shifted gear without any hurry and no problem cropped up. However if you feel problem regarding reverse gear which I faced too,please perform this drill---take the car a few inches forward putting it on 1st gear,then stop and put into reverse. This was demonstrated by MASS at the time of 3rd free service.

Last edited:

I have not taken my car to service. I think there was some clumsiness on my part while shifting gear. Because I took the car again and shifted gear without any hurry and no problem cropped up. However if you feel problem regarding reverse gear which I faced too,please perform this drill---take the car a few inches forward putting it on 1st gear,then stop and put into reverse. This was demonstrated by MASS at the time of 3rd free service.
[clap] Thats what I have been doing for so many years. So its part and parcel of the system.

Thread Starter #501
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 3 Years, 30000 Kms - Zero Issues !!

Its 4 years and 41000km on ODO with a 40k service done recently.

Touchwood no issues with the car so far and runs butter smooth like new..

Changed the tyres during Nov'2014 with BS Turanza 185 section and quite happy with them.

Total 40k service bill is Rs.11,017 includes all oils change, filters change and engine flushing

Very happy with the car and its performance so far

Attachments

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 3 Years, 30000 Kms - Zero Issues !!

Service cost is very high in my opinion. Any particular reasons?
There is a line item 'Service kit' showing Rs 1659.xx. What was that for?

I recently did the service of Ritz P for 60k and costed me 9200 which included regular oil changes + front strut replacement, bushes, steering plunger, wiper blades, ac cleaning and gas filling.

Thread Starter #503

Service cost is very high in my opinion. Any particular reasons?
There is a line item 'Service kit' showing Rs 1659.xx. What was that for?

I recently did the service of Ritz P for 60k and costed me 9200 which included regular oil changes + front strut replacement, bushes, steering plunger, wiper blades, ac cleaning and gas filling.
It is said as major service where everything needs replacement of consumables. The service kit is filter set diesel filter other filters together. All of the items are listed in the bill already and there is a difference between petrol and diesel car consumable prices right from oil cost and others. However if people say Maruti is very cheap on pocket, it is not so anymore[:)]

TRUE, i think Maruti was cheap to maintain when they were selling the old 800 and Zen models. Even for petrol the maintenance is high when you compare with Toyota.

Diesel machines,let it be Ritz or Swift 40 K service is costly. That is the price you pay for the mileage and comfort. Yes, MASC are not cheap.It is more or equivalent to any other European cars. Mahindra and Toyota are cheaper than this.

@RK. Happy to see your post after many days.

Thread Starter #506

Diesel machines,let it be Ritz or Swift 40 K service is costly. That is the price you pay for the mileage and comfort. Yes, MASC are not cheap.It is more or equivalent to any other European cars. Mahindra and Toyota are cheaper than this.

@RK. Happy to see your post after many days.
Yeah, you are correct Maruti is no more cheaper to maintain and yes Toyata & Mahindra is cheaper and reliable too as Verito and Etios being preferred choice with cab companies.

Yeah its been long time being in TAI, nice to see you !![:)]

Re: aruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 4 years - 40000km - Zero issues

Welcome back sir, thread title updated as requested.
look forward to thread updates

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 4 years - 40000km - Zero issues

Welcome Back RK Sir, [clap]

Long Time - No Post from you.. What happened ?

--------------------------------------------------
Edit ;- As you changed BS Turanza 185,

1. Did your Steering become Heavy ?

2. Is there any mileage drop ? ODO Error ?

3. How many Kms your JK Last ? (approx)

4. Hopefully BS are Hard Compound - Right ? I mean Puncture Proof ?

5. You are using them with your Stock Iron Wheel (LDI) ?

6. Total Cost ?

Last edited:

There will be a marginal drop in FE due to wider tyres may be 1kmpl that's it. Steering will not become heavy and the ride comfort also increases.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #510

Welcome Back RK Sir, [clap]

Long Time - No Post from you.. What happened ?

--------------------------------------------------
Edit ;- As you changed BS Turanza 185,
Was busy with business trips and others all these days[:)] Find the answers below for your queries in bold.

1. Did your Steering become Heavy ? No its as good like with previous tyres

2. Is there any mileage drop ? ODO Error ? Within 1km very negligible

3. How many Kms your JK Last ? (approx) Around 30k, the problem was they become brittle quickly due to my less running as told by the tyre shop guy and uneven wear due to WA&WB delays.

4. Hopefully BS are Hard Compound - Right ? I mean Puncture Proof ? BS is not too soft not too hard its mix of both the worlds and yes good puncture resistance. The reason for going for BS is the strong side wall as I keep going on village side roads

5. You are using them with your Stock Iron Wheel (LDI) ? Yes the stock rims are good enough for 185 section upgrade

6. Total Cost ? Costed me 18k 4 tyres

Top Bottom