Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 6+ Years - 60,000 Kms - Zero Issues

Thread Starter #47
Re: Maruti Ritz LDi G.Gray Update !!

Hmm,

Finally I am done with removing the sun films and just given a small wash to the vehicle, sorry it is not up to the mark as I am really exhausted friends !!

Watch out fresh pics, just see the glasses without film[:)]

Attachments

You have done a great job removing the films buddy, no residue at all. Care go share the step wise process for people like us who are yet to remove them.

BTW, amazing FE figures, I am just jealous of your Ritzy now.[;)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #49

Hahahaha Thank you freakdude, really I my self never new that FE will be like this, my main buying criteria for Ritz for its tall boy design and entry and out are easy and steering never touch my knees. But it is may be because of my driving style too !!

OK removing sunfilm from my Ritz, here it goes

1. Parked the car under sun for 30 to 45 minutes
2. bought a new surgical knife which very thin and sharp
3. filled 0.25 liter petrol in a small plastic tin
4. new cotton waste, colin's is ready in my hands
5. with knife, gently tried cutting small portion at the corner of the glass and inserted the knife inside as it was thin, it was just going inside like a cake, then slowly lifted on corner of the film with the knife and with hands started pulling it slowly in opposite direction as it pasted. first remove it from the corners and inside of beeding, it was coming of well. After removing it from all the corners, then pulled it towards the middle of the glass from all the sides and removed. there were adhesive portions left on the glass
6. dipped cotton waste in the petrol and started cleaning it gently, slowly rub it few times on the adhesive it will get stuck to the cotton waste
7. after glass dried a bit, then applied colins and took news paper and started cleaning it

that's it same procedure with all the glass. there was some difficulty while removing the film from those small fixed glasses as we cannot find a corner of film, but for them

just gently cut the film with the knife and take out small portion of the film, then gently insert the knife inside the film and you can take it out, but it took little more time than other glasses.

But was really easy doing that and no need to pay money to car decor fellow to remove it and when a cop removes it, he will definitely damage the glass and beeding with knife

So freinds, spend 30 minutes of time and 'DO IT YOURSELF"[clap]

Thanks a lot for the steps Gurrala. I too am thinking of removing the films from my Etios as I've been stopped by cops couple of times but could get away without removing the films. But now I am thinking to remove them.

freakdude.

Wow never knew you wrote a ownership report of your ride . Ritz looking amazing man and quite nicely maintained . Have you waxed or polished your car recently ?

Thread Starter #52

Wow never knew you wrote a ownership report of your ride . Ritz looking amazing man and quite nicely maintained . Have you waxed or polished your car recently ?
Nothing Raja !! a simple wash always as office no wax or polish. I am thinking to go to 3M care sometime soon[:)]

Thread Starter #54

There is nothing like daily run my boy !! it will run whenever there is a need [:)]

Wonderful job of removing the sun film[clap], are the cops strict about sun films on car in Hyderabad?

Thread Starter #56

Wonderful job of removing the sun film[clap], are the cops strict about sun films on car in Hyderabad?
Yes, it has become very intensive these days, you really do not know where they stop you suddenly and if a cop is not happy for the day at home will fine you with Rs.1000/- straight[lol]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Yes, it has become very intensive these days, you really do not know where they stop you suddenly and if a cop is not happy for the day at home will fine you with Rs.1000/- straight[lol]
it's just 100 rupees with removal of films on the spot as far as i know.

Thread Starter #60

a small update friends, My Ritz is close to 18000km now and while braking I hear a small "whistle" sound, what is it ??

Top Bottom