Maruti Suzuki Recalls 1.5 Lakh Swift Dzires (Update: Now Alto 800 + K10!)

Thread Starter #1
In the biggest-ever auto recall issued for a single model in the country, market leader Maruti Suzuki India is expected to soon issue a recall notice for around 1.5 lakh units of the new Swift Dzire compact sedan, sources told FE. Launched in February 2012, the new Swift Dzire (priced Rs 4.85-7.32 lakh) is the second-largest selling car in the country, and a 1.5-lakh-unit recall almost equals its annual production.

The affected vehicles, manufactured in 2013 and 2014, will see a replacement of the defective component, the fuel neck filler, which is connected to the fuel tank. The supplier for the said component is JBM, in which Maruti itself has a 29.28% stake.

Maruti Suzuki set to log biggest-ever recall in India, fault in 1.5 lakh Swift Dzires - Financial Express

Re: Maruti Suzuki set to log biggest-ever recall in India, fault in 1.5 lakh Swift Dz

Looks like its becoming a trend with auto manufacturers to recall vehicles. Few months back, we had Ford doing the same in ES. Not sure if this is a step of Quality assurance or Quality Re-assurance?[lol]

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki set to log biggest-ever recall in India, fault in 1.5 lakh Swift Dz

Mine is a june 2013 make dzire.. have not faced any problems... [thinking]

Looks like its becoming a trend with auto manufacturers to recall vehicles. Few months back, we had Ford doing the same in ES. Not sure if this is a step of Quality assurance or Quality Re-assurance?[lol]
I guess now a days all these automobile companies just to face the cut-throat comptetion, are hurriedly coming up with some models, with some faulty ECUs or some other components and selling out those cars. Our public without doing proper market analysis and test drives purchasing them.

I have seen some people without test driving for themselves and feeling their experience while test driving, they initially itself will come to a conclusion that he should not get associated with some brands and some models. How foolish, i would say. [frustration]

Re: Maruti Suzuki Recalls 1.5 lakh Swift Dzires. Biggest Recall Ever in India!

Thank God,
My LUV is not eligible for this recall.

i just got escaped by a week [clap] Mine is Oct 2013 manufactured Ertiga [:)]

Yes...[clap] my Red Angel(Swift) is also not the part of this recall.

Interestingly they are not recalling Ritz which i believed will be sharing most of the parts with Swift.

Also can anyone confirm if they are recalling both diesel and petrol vehicles within this time frame (12th Nov 2013 - 4th Feb 2014)?

The problem is a minor one. One of my friend's Shift falls in the announced batch and they have fixed the issue through a camp. It was a small fix; wiring was touching the body and it may cause to short circuit in future. This is the actual issue with the cars. What they have done on the fix was just tagged the wire touching the body safely in the proper place.

I am also lucky! My two cars are not in the specific batch.

Maruti Suzuki Recalls over 33K Units of Alto 800, Alto K10 Over Faulty Door Latch

Maruti Suzuki is recalling 33,098 units (19,780 units of Alto 800 and 13,318 units of the Alto K10) of the Alto to fix a problem with the right-hand door.
The potential issue has been noticed in all Alto 800 and Alto K10 variants, and the vehicles affected are manufactured between December 8 last year
and February 18 this year.

Giving details about the problem, Maruti said, "From customer perspective, there is no concern if the right-hand side door (front and rear) is completely
latched. If however, the door is half-latched, then the door may open if pressure is applied from inside. Although it is a rare condition, but in view of
customer safety, the company is undertaking replacement of the door latch assembly, proactively."

The owners of the affected vehicles will be contacted directly by the dealers of the company and the inspection and the replacement of faulty parts will
be done free of cost. Customers can also visit the company's official website Maruti Suzuki India to check if their vehicles have also been affected by
entering the 14 digit chassis number (MA3 followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number).

News Source: ibtimes

Last edited:

Top Bottom