Maruti Suzuki Quietly Slips Ritz Automatic

Thread Starter #1
In the next few days, Maruti Suzuki could launch the automatic variant of the Ritz and the proof of the pudding lies in the official website of the hatchback, which is now being updated. The Ritz Automatic is available in a single variant, VXi, which also indicates that the car with the automatic transmission will feature only the petrol engine. In the Ritz Automatic, the 1.2 Liter-K-Series, 85 PS-114 Nm petrol engine is mated to a four speed automatic gearbox, which is the same unit that is used on the Dzire Automatic as well. Maruti Suzuki claims a fuel economy figure of 17.16 Kmpl for the Ritz Automatic, which is about 1.33 Kmpl lesser than the manual gearbox version.

This mileage figure is quite commendable given the fact that cars with automatic gearboxes usually show bigger drops in fuel efficiency numbers when compared to the manual gearbox versions. The four cylinder petrol engine is a smooth unit that loves to be revved. The engine features variable valve timing, which allows it to deliver good fuel efficiency. The prices of the Ritz Automatic are yet to be released and that we expect, will happen with an official press release from Maruti. The Ritz is the sixth automatic car from the Maruti Suzuki stable, along with the two CBUs: the Grand Vitara SUV and the Kizashi sedan.
Maruti builds the A-Star Automatic, the Swift Dzire automatic and the SX4 Automatic in India, with the Ritz Automatic being the latest addition to the crop of automatic cars sold by the country’s largest car maker. The Ritz Automatic gets all the new features that the recently launched facelifted model brings to the table and this includes the refreshed looks, better interiors and new features. The addition of the 4 speed automatic gearbox to the Ritz hatchback has resulted in the weight of the car going up by 20 kilograms, thus making it the heaviest petrol engined Ritz in the variant line up.
The Ritz Automatic weighs in at 1,035 Kilograms. The Ritz Automatic’s feature set remains bog similar to that of the VXi manual variant, and this includes ABS and EBD available as optional features. Maruti’s strategy of launching the Ritz Automatic in VXi trim is to ensure that the price of the automatic variant is kept at levels which makes it attractive for the prospective car buyer and this is the same approach Maruti has taken with all its other automatic cars built and sold in India. The Ritz Automatic competes with the likes of the automatic versions of the Honda Brio and the Hyundai i10. Watch this space for prices of the Ritz Automatic.

source : Oh-so-quietly, Maruti Suzuki slips in the Ritz Automatic hatchback | IndianCarsBikes.in

I too saw Ritz Automatic pricing on their webpage and thought it has already been launched. Good that K12 line up too got an Automatic option[thumbsup].

Thread Starter #5
So,finally Maruti had got a better companion for I10 and Brio.Ritz would be cheaper than Brio and I10 i guess.
they are doing a first in this B+ segment. A diesel AT + maruti brand name + A.S.S will be very tempting anyways.

This is the Brio A/T effect.Why don't manufacturers think about bringing in a diesel A/T hatch,that'll be a sales block-buster for sure.Anyways,good move by Maruti: the more the options the more better it's for us the customers.

Maruti Ritz Automatic coming next month

Our sources tell us that the ex-showroom price of the Ritz auto will be around Rs 6.3 lakh. The Brio automatic, which has a five-speed auto 'box, is priced from Rs 5.74 lakh to Rs 5.99 lakh, while the i10 auto, which comes with a four-speed gearbox, costs Rs 6.16 lakh.

Maruti dealers have started taking bookings for the Ritz automatic with a booking amount of Rs 50,000. Deliveries will commence by January 15, 2013.
Maruti Ritz Automatic coming next month | News | Autocar India

If priced more than Brion A/T then this will be a big flop,IMO.Suzuki must understand that the only way they can compete with Honda is price.Maruti badge may help them against Tata/Hyundai and the likes but not against the mighty Honda!!

The honda has more features and is better to drive. Plus I aint expecting the AT from maruti to be as good as the honda.

The honda has more features and is better to drive. Plus I aint expecting the AT from maruti to be as good as the honda.
That is exactly why I wrote a post above yours that Suzuki should introduce Ritz A/T at atleast 20-30K lower prices than Brio A/T.If priced higher then what will be its USP against Brio A/T??

Thread Starter #14
That is exactly why I wrote a post above yours that Suzuki should introduce Ritz A/T at atleast 20-30K lower prices than Brio A/T.If priced higher then what will be its USP against Brio A/T??
there is a perceived notion that Honda A.S.S is much more expensive, further H! in any way cannot match Maruti's dealer network.

To add to H! misery, they have not marketed the Brio AT at all. But looking at Maruti, neither they have. So its kinda confusing.

Top Bottom