Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Interesting Innovation

Can any Ignis owners please confirm if Ignis backseat is as wide as Wagon R or less?

I was following Ignis from behind in my WagonR and Ignis rear seat felt much narrow from outside.
Wagon R has got slightly wider backrest than ignis but ignis has got better legroom at the rear. Even if a 6 footer is seated at the front there is enough legroom for another 6 footer at the back to stretch his legs.

Thread Starter #62

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Even if a 6 footer is seated at the front there is enough legroom for another 6 footer at the back to stretch his legs.
I doubt it buddy. Even if the front seats remain as it is then also, a 6 ft guy won't be in a position to stretch his legs and if the front seats are pushed back, then it becomes all the more jammed.

IMG_20170320_151821.jpg

20170321_151541.jpg

Regards

Akash

I doubt it buddy. Even if the front seats remain as it is then also, a 6 ft guy won't be in a position to stretch his legs and if the front seats are pushed back, then it becomes all the more jammed.

Regards

Akash
It was based upon my test drive experience and for reference I am a 6 footer. Igis(micro suv) offers better legroom than ecosport / Duster(compact suv) and what I meant was for a micro suv it offer excellent legroom compared to SUVs above its segment. Of course it doesn't offer the kind of leg streching experience you get in a Nissan Sunny [:)].

Wagon R has got slightly wider backrest than ignis but ignis has got better legroom at the rear. Even if a 6 footer is seated at the front there is enough legroom for another 6 footer at the back to stretch his legs.
Are you sure that Wagon R seats are wider than Ignis' seats? Wagon R is narrower than the Ignis. I own Wagon R VXi and feel that 3 at back seat are not very comfortable. Rear legroom of Wagon R is pretty decent though.

I have more or less decided to purchase this car. Do you still recommend me to change my decision, because your opinion on build is not very positive. Moreover, I am keen to know how the automatic transmission performs on Ghat (hilly) roads. With greetings to all

Needless to say, a very nice and inclusive review. Just one questions, You do not seem to be too happy with the build quality. Do you think the quality of the body sheets, in terms of thickness has been compromised.

I am presently owning Alto -800, 2005 model. Living in a marine environment ( prone to corrosion). But my old car seems to have withstood the elements very well.

Cheerio!!

I just test drove Ignis - manual transmission.

It was a peppy drive as I drove through steep slopes and somewhat bumpy roads.

Here is an issue that I experienced. When I put off the AC, I found the interiors to be unusually warm for ~ 30 deg ambient outside. I am comparing it with my present Alto -800 ( silver white) , which is fairly comfortable inside at this temperature.

Is this because of the dark color of the Ignis that I test drove?

I was inclined to select one of the dual modes - but looking at this experience feel like selecting a lighter color.

With greetings

I just test drove Ignis - manual transmission.

It was a peppy drive as I drove through steep slopes and somewhat bumpy roads.

Here is an issue that I experienced. When I put off the AC, I found the interiors to be unusually warm for ~ 30 deg ambient outside. I am comparing it with my present Alto -800 ( silver white) , which is fairly comfortable inside at this temperature.

I was inclined to select one of the dual modes - but looking at this experience feel like selecting a lighter color.

With greetings
cant be because of the dark color. May be problem with the particular unit you tested. Why you don't have a look at other options like Tiago (VFM,features,interiors), Figo (Diesel engine), Grand i10 (smooth and nice interiors) or Baleno (if you like Maruti) since the Ignis doesn't look good inside out honestly.

Thread Starter #68

Akash1886

Honoured Member
cant be because of the dark color. May be problem with the particular unit you tested.
Here is an issue that I experienced. When I put off the AC, I found the interiors to be unusually warm for ~ 30 deg ambient outside.
Dear Arun, your observation is correct. I did the TD too and specifically did mention of the same issue in this review too buddy.

Another thing that pissed me off was the heat inside the cabin which resulted in pretty hot leather seat covers and it goes without saying though that it can be unpleasant for your bums.
Abhishek, as per scientific principle, if the interiors are dark (specially Black) then it does absorb a lot of heat which will result in hot leather and discomfort to passenger. Where as if the car has light color interiors, the heat gets reflected hence the leather remains comparatively much cooler. The same principle will also apply to light and dark shade body colors too buddy.

Regards

Akash

Akash agreed but I think in any car you'd feel hot when sun is there and AC is off. Be it light color or dark color. 30deg is not less. Dark colors also radiate heat faster.

Last edited:
Are you sure that Wagon R seats are wider than Ignis' seats? Wagon R is narrower than the Ignis. I own Wagon R VXi and feel that 3 at back seat are not very comfortable. Rear legroom of Wagon R is pretty decent though.
3 adults(slightly cramped)with decent amount of legroom can be seated in a wagon R but with Ignis it's strictly for 2 adults along with a kid in the middle but it offers better legroom. My experience with wagon R ended 4 years back.

Last edited:
Dear Arun, your observation is correct. I did the TD too and specifically did mention of the same issue in this review too buddy.

Abhishek, as per scientific principle, if the interiors are dark (specially Black) then it does absorb a lot of heat which will result in hot leather and discomfort to passenger. Where as if the car has light color interiors, the heat gets reflected hence the leather remains comparatively much cooler. The same principle will also apply to light and dark shade body colors too buddy.

Regards

Akash
This simply means that the dual color, with black top will not suit Indian conditions. An extended parking outside can convert the interiors into a furnace

Maruti Suzuki Ignis AMT Alpha top-end trim launched.

While the petrol Alpha AMT is priced at Rs 7.01 lakh, the diesel is priced almost a lakh more at Rs 8.08 lakh ex-Delhi.

Link

I am in the market for a new car. My primary concerns are high fuel economy, low cost of ownership. My budget is around 5 lakhs. Have shortlisted Tiago XT(o), celerio VXI ABS and Ignis sigma petrol. Need help from experts

kkn13

Suspended
3 adults(slightly cramped)with decent amount of legroom can be seated in a wagon R but with Ignis it's strictly for 2 adults along with a kid in the middle but it offers better legroom. My experience with wagon R ended 4 years back.
Yeah its true and Wagon R underthigh,headroom and legroom is better but angle is completely wrong for my stature
Wagon R seats are more straight and bench like , Ignis is better contoured and support is better if not best
I was really keen on the Ignis but it didnt feel much better than my (now sold) Ritz
Id have loved the Ritz with a facelift giving it some more features , what a fantastic , underrated beast it was

I am in the market for a new car. My primary concerns are high fuel economy, low cost of ownership. My budget is around 5 lakhs. Have shortlisted Tiago XT(o), celerio VXI ABS and Ignis sigma petrol. Need help from experts
Definitely Ignis, you get a well rounded package
Tiago is close but after sales and resale are certainly inferior, engine too
Celerio is overrated and I wouldnt suggest it

Last edited:

Top Bottom