Maruti Suzuki Ignis Delta BS-6 "Roadrunner" Joins Family

Thread Starter #16
Many congratulation roadrunner.
Ignis is indeed VFM over Swift.

Can you post some pics of rear seat w/o baby-seat and boot please.
Will do. Not getting time due to WFH.

Second that. please post more pictures especially engine bay and rear.
How comfortable are the rear seats.
Sure, will post couple of them and some observations.

Thread Starter #17
Hi guys. Wanted to ask something. The Ignis comes with 175 65 R15 and I wanted a wider tyre but not that wide also. A little research shows 185 would be nice, and 195 will be too wide for my liking and comfort. So which of the two should I go with: 185 60 R15 or 185 65 R15? The difference in the aspect ratio of 60 or 65, which would give me the least change in comfort from the stock one?

Don't change anything in the spec sheet. Only change the rubber quality. Better brand maybe. If specs changed, your riding dynamics and pick up will be ruined. Been there done that more than once.

Thread Starter #19
Only change the rubber quality.
I'd like to retain 175 but felt 185 would provide a slightly better grip. If I go with 185 65 R15, the upsize is only in the tyre width from 175 to 185, everything else remains the same, the most important being the aspect ratio of 65. Though I'll seriously consider your advice and keep the option of changing to a better rubber. I'd like to know apart from marginal fuel efficiency drop, what are the other cons of wider tyre provided nothing else changes (rim size, aspect ratio)?

I'd like to retain 175 but felt 185 would provide a slightly better grip.
Yes,correct

If I go with 185 65 R15, the upsize is only in the tyre width from 175 to 185, everything else remains the same, the most important being the aspect ratio of 65.
No,this is not correct. 65 aspecio of 185 width tyre is more that of 175 tyre.Meaning to say sidewall is increased.

I'd like to know apart from marginal fuel efficiency drop, what are the other cons of wider tyre provided nothing else changes (rim size, aspect ratio)?
Indian cars, esp maruti cars have lesser tolerances in suspension components.More load/stress on susp. + bearings etc if tyre width is increased. Everything is ruined.Don't follow populist forums,which actually follow foreign forums and members,who actually have very superior and robust cars with stronger engines.Even they are stressed but tolerances are more because overall the car and suspension is sturdier there.
Again repeating: Been there,done that,and already faced the music!

Last edited:
Top Bottom