Maruti Suzuki Gypsy (Hard Top): Now Delivered

re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy : Booked, Now Delivered

I think civilian Gypsy means something like this:-
First of all they build the Gypsys as per the orders by central/state govt. organisations.
Once they finish all the orders then they make the Gypsys as per the individual bookings.

Great ! BTW what is civilian gypsy ?
Not much of a difference between a civilian Gypsy and an Army Gypsy. The Army/navy/Air Force/PMF Gypsies are fitted with convoy lights and a black out switch which are not there in civilian model for obvious reasons. Rest EVERYTHING is exactly the same.

Not much of a difference between a civilian Gypsy and an Army Gypsy. The Army/navy/Air Force/PMF Gypsies are fitted with convoy lights and a black out switch which are not there in civilian model for obvious reasons. Rest EVERYTHING is exactly the same.
One more difference is you can never get civilian Gypsy in the Green color

One more difference is you can never get civilian Gypsy in the Green color
You could get one in green a few years back. What you could never get is the 'Olive Green' one. Nitpicking, but relevant nevertheless.
What is this black out switch?
A switch that cuts off all lights of the vehicle apart from the convoy lights. This is necessitated as military vehicles have to sometimes move in anonymity for fear of enemy air strike/ambush. It's located below the steering wheel at the extreme right side of the dashboard.

Thread Starter #52

Great ! BTW what is civilian gypsy ?
civilian gypsy means which are made for civilian only means no green colour and other things army require which sam has explained already
Man,how are you managing to cope with this long waiting period?
well by doing work . i have safari so i am using it and doing work and giving one call everyday
can u get a brand new gypsy ?
yes you can . like i have booked after 2months you get gypsy this is normal time and if you are lucky and booked just before civilian orders begin you can get within one week.
I think civilian Gypsy means something like this:-
First of all they build the Gypsys as per the orders by central/state govt. organisations.
Once they finish all the orders then they make the Gypsys as per the individual bookings.
not actually after every one or two month they manufacturer civilian order which has came to them from all over india
You could get one in green a few years back. What you could never get is the 'Olive Green' one. Nitpicking, but relevant nevertheless.

A switch that cuts off all lights of the vehicle apart from the convoy lights. This is necessitated as military vehicles have to sometimes move in anonymity for fear of enemy air strike/ambush. It's located below the steering wheel at the extreme right side of the dashboard.
thanks for information

thanks for clarifying this

Will look forward to see yours bro !!

don't forget to post all the pictures
and congo in advance

Thread Starter #54

Got call from dealer that gypsy might arrive on friday but he is unsure only after truck arrive he will know [frustration]

so in between i decided to make list of mod i need to do . I have 1Lac extra to invest max.
1. Tire : i have decided to upgrade tire as soon as i get delivery of gypsy . Now i am confused which one to go 235/75 or 215/75 . Most people suggested me to go for 215 as it will put less strain on steering compare 235 . So guys i want your suggestion please tell me which one to go . Yoko are costing me 6300 per tire [surprise] and guy is giving me 11000 for gypsy tire . Are tire price right . after everything it will cost me 24000 for tire

2. Alloy : i am going for these alloy . saw these Chinese version long ago on thar so this means they are available as original alloy are 18" and being Chinese should be easily available for 17k
P1020070.jpg

3. CNG : talked a guy who can get CNG registered on RC and asking 28k for CNG .

4. AC : talked few people but none gave good answer except Auto Attitude and ProAutoMod . ProAutoMod is asking 11k for upgrading radiator to meet AC demand and making sure gypsy don't overheat on idle and traffic when AC is ON and i don't have to worry about single thing everything will be automatic no need to look as temp needle constant and waiting to press button to ON extra fan. For AC he has given me two choice 27k and 44k . I haven't got details yet which company AC are these yet . He said 27k is good if you need AC for just front two seat or rally type but if you need AC which cool whole hardtop then 44k should be installed . SO if i go with hardtop option AC then it will cost me

44k + 11K = 55K

5. shackle : putting 2" shackle to increase height for showoff and future off-roading . its costing me 5500

6 Seat : now i am confuse should i go for laura or merc seat . Laura seat are costing me around 5k-7k where as merc one are costing me 18k without stock seat exchange . but problem is i am already going out of 1lac budget i had [frustration] .

so right i have hold off-roading bumper and big light or hella for now .
waiting for you guys to reply and suggest me

anything other thing i should add please let me know in my mod list .

We get a 215 profile gypsy for service. it looks good for the vehicle. 235 will be too much. unless you mod with extra wheel arches , so forget them

215 is the best fit.

regarding ac , 55k may be ok if you say the bigger radiator is 11k? else its high price.

let me tell you cost. split wise.

superking blower and cooling coil - the thing used in gyspy conversion and many other conversion , original one cost approx 12000/- duplicates are available for 8000/-
the cooling coil cover and ducts to all the 4 oe duct. some 900

dryer - 450.
Ac hoses - full set/kit some 3500/- to 4500/-

Condensor some 3 to 5k .
clamps for condensor / blower etc 400

ac compressor clamps - 900/- approx , cheaper if you could fabricate.

Ac compressor - sanden 508 or 507 r13a model , starts from 8000 plus[with pulley].

ac belts and pulley on crank shaft to accommodate ac belts. belt 200/- plulley 0 no idea , roughly add as 1000/-

Evaporator valve - 500/-

blower switch and wiring kit - 900 to 1200 - yet to check price

Condensor fan - 2000/-

Radiator , if at you need , you can check them at spares. no idea of that .

Gases - 600 to 700 mg. say u can buy only 500mg cans , 2 cans at 400/- each r13a

labour and rest electrical works, depend on your area

Last edited:

^^Haha,all the queries answered the 'Ilango' way.

Now let me try in our desi style:-
Tyres to go for:215 section.
Why?They are good for both steering as well as 1.3l engine+Gygpsy doesn't need that high grip as its already a very light vehicle.

Seat:Go for the Laura's one its highly supportive.BTW.why don't you go for rally seats when they also cost nearly equal to the Merc ones?
Also,why don't you try the Honda City's seats,they are also fantastic and very supportive+they will save at least 8-9k cash of yours too as compared to Laura ones.

Thread Starter #57
ilango[speed thirst];167258 said:
We get a 215 profile gypsy for service. it looks good for the vehicle. 235 will be too much. unless you mod with extra wheel arches , so forget them

215 is the best fit.

regarding ac , 55k may be ok if you say the bigger radiator is 11k? else its high price....

...Seat:Go for the Laura's one its highly supportive.BTW.why don't you go for rally seats when they also cost nearly equal to the Merc ones?
Also,why don't you try the Honda City's seats,they are also fantastic and very supportive+they will save at least 8-9k cash of yours too as compared to Laura ones.
2 vote for 215 then i will go for 215 .
I did thought about rally seat but many didn't suggested for normal driving it will make tired very fast. didn't thought about Honda seat
actually I want good support + comfortable seat

Last edited by a moderator:

^^Buddy that's the only reason I said Honda City's seats.
They are big,supportive and very comfy too.Just try a Honda city and you will understand what I mean.

Thread Starter #59

guys gypsy has arrived in dealer showroom [clap]

Got a call from them that its being unloaded from truck and i can take her home tomorrow before 1pm [:D]

Top Bottom