Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VXI AT...Yes, The Automatic Variant

Thread Starter #16
Awesome Bro,

the Seat covers look smashing while looking together with ertiga's beige interiors, Awesome Fitment by the accessories shop that you did the upholstery[cheers][thumbsup].

I think for ertiga Lots of chrome makes the car look Odd the beltline chrome that you asked would have made the car look striking but the full window chrome set made it look overdone IMO.

Same thing i used to tell to my dad as today morning he asked me about the same full window chrome set, I told to him that it would look odd. I would suggest you to take the additional chrome parts and stay with the beltline chrome.

SUGGESTION:

Think of adding Front fog lamp chrome Bezel the one thats available with the top spec version, Its available at all maruti dealerships.
Thanks for the compliments.

Regarding that chrome stuff, well...that's a mutual feeling & therefore, the extra parts will be surely removed, but only after couple of months.

FYI, right now I am only thinking about the auto-fold module for OVRMs (you have it installed, if I am not wrong) & auto-window role-up module. Both together would cost ~5.3k INR @Car cupid. But lets see.
(At least till date I never thought to go for the chrome bezel above fog lamps, but you never know[roll])

Regards.

Thanks for the compliments.

Regarding that chrome stuff, well...that's a mutual feeling & therefore, the extra parts will be surely removed, but only after couple of months.

FYI, right now I am only thinking about the auto-fold module for OVRMs (you have it installed, if I am not wrong) & auto-window role-up module. Both together would cost ~5.3k INR @Car cupid. But lets see.
(At least till date I never thought to go for the chrome bezel above fog lamps, but you never know[roll])

Regards.
Welcome,

Yes thats a better decision, Go for it without any second thought as the auto-folding module comes so handy while giving the car to valet or to service center, cause mostly they used to forget to close the mirror so if somebody hits the mirror there could possibly start to have some lag.

Well i thought the fog lamp chrome would add a bit more look to the car, thats the reason i suggested it to you.

Thread Starter #18
Well i thought the fog lamp chrome would add a bit more look to the car, thats the reason i suggested it to you.
Suggestions are & will be always appreciated buddy.[:)]
I personally feel that the car's front as well as rear, already has pretty good amount of chrome and that might be the basic reason for not looking for any addition over there.
Also, as the side view is pretty plain, I opted for lower window garnish. And you know the end (& temporary) result.

Thread Starter #19
Today in the first half of the day, got 3rd & the last "free" service done @8.5k kms as a precaution, since I am leaving for a road trip on coming Friday (~3k kms). Total bill 1.4k INR. Everything done within 3 hours. Opted for mineral oil, since I will be changing it again outside MASS after covering 5-6k kms with that.
So far, car is performing as expected, leaving me satisfied in the driving seat. [:)]

Next, post lunch visited Car Cupid and got...
1.) Mirror auto fold-in (on lock) module installed
2.) Window auto role up (on lock) module installed - windows start to role up one by one (driver side first), once the lock button is pressed
3.) Stock bulb replaced with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130% - hope they are better than the stock bulbs [roll]
Total cost - 6.6K INR

Regards.

Hi Rohitk4ever
Planned to go for Ertiga automatic, didn't get a chance to test drive it but dealer offered to test drive ciaz auto and it was good experience driving automatic transmission for the first time. Would like to know is there any niggles with transmission.

Today in the first half of the day, got 3rd & the last "free" service done @8.5k kms as a precaution, since I am leaving for a road trip on coming Friday (~3k kms). Total bill 1.4k INR. Everything done within 3 hours. Opted for mineral oil, since I will be changing it again outside MASS after covering 5-6k kms with that.
So far, car is performing as expected, leaving me satisfied in the driving seat. [:)]

Next, post lunch visited Car Cupid and got...
1.) Mirror auto fold-in (on lock) module installed
2.) Window auto role up (on lock) module installed - windows start to role up one by one (driver side first), once the lock button is pressed
3.) Stock bulb replaced with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130% - hope they are better than the stock bulbs [roll]
Total cost - 6.6K INR

Regards.
Can we have the individual cost of Point 1 & Point 2.
These option seems interesting.

Thread Starter #22
Hi Rohitk4ever
Planned to go for Ertiga automatic, didn't get a chance to test drive it but dealer offered to test drive ciaz auto and it was good experience driving automatic transmission for the first time. Would like to know is there any niggles with transmission.
Just a word of precaution, driving experience with ciaz auto will not be an exact replica of the same with ertiga auto, due to weight of these individual cars. Also, do check the performance (ciaz/ertiga) within city as well as highway with total of minimum 5 people, if not done already.

Talking about my ertiga, this is the first automatic I own & honestly, I haven't noticed any niggles with it so far *touch wood*, no drama at all. I think, it will easily last for pretty good number of kms on the ODO *fingers-crossed*. Also, till date I haven't felt any jerks with sedate driving manners within city as well as on highway. In case of usual "time saving" driving manners, the driver might feel few mild jerks (super-mild in comparison to AMT). Few days back, when I drove for ~6 kms (sedate driving manners) while one of my friend was sitting in the passenger seat, he gave a compliment saying "I never thought that it (the drive) would be this smooth". Need I say more on this?

Overall, am very satisfied with the transmission & the car itself. [:D]

FYI, I am taking the car on a road trip today. May be I will be able to help you in a better way, once I am back.

Can we have the individual cost of Point 1 & Point 2.
These option seems interesting.
Indeed they are. [clap]
Required cost break-up:
1.) Mirror auto fold-in module 2.6 INR
2.) Window auto role up module 2.4 INR
Note: I am not good at bargaining [roll]

Regards.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
OK, done with the road trip to Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jodhpur & Jaisalmer) & came back on Saturday. The total number of people traveling was only 3 (including 2 drivers), with 4 travel bags & also 2 sleeping bags. Completed almost 3k kms with MID showing 14.8 kmpl (25% AC on) & tank-to-tank method shows 13.8 kmpl.
1.jpg

Few observations about the car...

1. For the first 160 kms from Pune, MID was showing ~18 kmpl, with sedate driving manners. Got stuck at the end of Thane (towards Gujarat) for more than 2 hours and the mileage dropped to ~14.4 kmpl.
  2. We drove in triple digit speeds on all the highways, comfortably (100 - 120 kmph, post which pick-up would drop quite a bit).
  3. Talking about AC (including one in the roof), it felt more than sufficient, most of the time the blower speed was kept at 1, with rarely increasing it to 2 for 15-20 mins of usage.
  4. Once using Google maps, we end up taking some really steep decline roads, where just to avoid putting all the pressure/load on the brakes, I move the gear lever to "2" mode & later to "L" mode. And thereafter, without any input from the accelerator & using the brakes occasionally, we cross them easily. Was fun to do that! Switched back to "D" and drove on.
  5. The car was capable to tackle all the inclines it faced, in "D" mode or one might say that we did not face any incline roads where we need to move the gear lever into any mode other than "D".
  6. We also faced some rough roads going through villages for almost 50+ kms & also near some sight seeing points, the shock absorbers cop-up pretty well or rather much better than what I was expecting.
  7. While traveling down the ghat section of one of the sight seeing point (Sajjan Garh, near Udaipur), "ODO OFF" button came to pretty good use to keep speed under control.
  8. Also in loose gravel/sand, bit of a hard acceleration from idle, lead to wheel spin. This happened twice in whole trip.
  9. Sitting in the car, no one could feel any kind of vibrations at idle & also on the move. Nice! [clap]
  10. Even at highway speed, none of us was able to hear the engine as well as tyre noise; zero noise at all. All we could hear was the wind deflecting from mirrors (I believe). Also, not even a single puncture during the whole journey.[clap]
  11. The last leg of the journey was Jaisalmer - Ahmedabad Airport (to drop a co-traveler) - Pune, spanning 1200+ kms & the same was covered within ~20 hours (excluding stops for refueling, food, nature's call... accounting for ~6 hours). [:D]
  12. We did purchased lots of things (3 thick mattresses, 1 blanket, bed-sheets, sarees, shawls, etc...) for our homies and "throw" the same in the car. With third row folded, the trunk of the car was filled almost up to the roof, with us 3 sitting comfortably in the first & the second row.
  13. Philips were pretty sufficient in cities as well as on highways.
  14. The only negative observations was rattle. Out of us 3, only I was able to hear some rattling noise but those were super rare, like total of 3 or 4 times in 8 days, which I believe came from the AC in the roof.
Overall, the combination of petrol + automatic + space + features + safety + cost of ownership + mileage + and what not... is pretty satisfactory for me.

Regards.

Hi Rohit,

Good to see detailed review of a unique Ertiga among all manual Ertiga's on blog.
Last month i too visited Jaipur with 6 + luggage & over all fuel efficiency is 19 km/ L. Difference between Diesel & petrol ertiga i noticed is the acceleration after crossing 100 km / h speed. diesel engine remain punchy even on 120.

i wish some day i will own a Automatic ertiga too [:)] [cheers]

Thread Starter #25
Hi Rohit,
Good to see detailed review of a unique Ertiga among all manual Ertiga's on blog.
Last month i too visited Jaipur with 6 + luggage & over all fuel efficiency is 19 km/ L. Difference between Diesel & petrol ertiga i noticed is the acceleration after crossing 100 km / h speed. diesel engine remain punchy even on 120.
i wish some day i will own a Automatic ertiga too [:)]
Thank you for your kind words. [:)]
Regarding punch post 120 kmph, your statement is very true. I feel the same when I am driving my 6 year old swift D, punchy enough even after 120 kmph.
But nevertheless, now-a-days I am enjoying long drives "more" in my automatic. [:D]

Regards.

Dear Rohit

Congratulations on choosing ertiga CVT. Very nice review. You have covered it all.

I have driven BRV CVT. its fun to drive but has very poor interiors nd audio for the on road price in delhi which is almost 4L more than ertiga CVT in delhi. Have you driven BRV? by any chance. Any comments on its comparison with BRV. I am planning to buy ertiga or BRv CVT
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rohit for your detailed review. It was quiet helpful as this AT version of Ertiga is not available for test drive.
I had only one doubt regarding this car. When the car stops on a incline or slope, does it roll back when you do not apply brakes? And you need to use a combination of hand brake and accelerator to move ahead ?
Thanks

Top Bottom