Maruti Suzuki Ertiga: Technical Problems & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
While looking through the forum for Ertiga related threads I came across this thread.I think all Ertiga owners, especially diesel car owners should take a look at it.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-maruti-suzuki-ertiga-engine-oil-leakage.html

Please take a look under your engine to make sure you are not facing a similar issue.

Please share any technical problems and solutions, so that other members can easily access the problem and the solution.

Members please use the Edit and Multiquote function generously.

Re: Technical Problems In The Ertiga

While looking through the forum for Ertiga related threads I came across this thread.I think all Ertiga owners, especially diesel car owners should take a look at it.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-maruti-suzuki-ertiga-engine-oil-leakage.html

Please take a look under your engine to make sure you are not facing a similar issue.

Please share any technical problems and solutions, so that other members can easily access the problem and the solution.

Members please use the Edit and Multiquote function generously.
I have heard that rare. The leak might be because of stone hit. Oil leakage might be either from engine or also from brakes. I had faced this issue in figo. The oil leak because of bottoming also has this in my chevy optra had use selant cement to fix them.

Thread Starter #3

Please go through the thread and the link before you make any comments.

It clearly says that there was not stone that hit and it was due to a part failure.One of the people got the half engine replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey I did not say it cannot happen. I said I have not heard such incidents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5

That is why a thread has been started, so people can know of the issue and check their cars.

Diesel SX4 owners too can look under their car and join the thread, as i think both these cars have the same 90bhp engine.

In the other engine in Swift and Ritz, this prob it is rarely registered with the authorized dealer.

Last edited:

I have read this issue posted by fellow diesal ertigian about oil leak long a go,so during my first service i ensured that i put my car up,and visually inspect it personally.Mine is a petrol Ertiga.

Thread Starter #9

People are free to post about all issues as the come across them.Oil leakage is just one of the many issues.

Ertiga noises and other issues

Hi,

I bought Ertiga ZDi in Aug. 2012 and its now been 3 years and have done about 56000 kms., in that period I never had any accident (thanks to god) or never opened any plastic of doors etc. or got any work done from company which would require opening something as I didn't face any major issue at all.

But now after 3 years of using the car and getting it serviced all the time from company as and when required the car interior has weird sounds coming from the plastic. It sounds like car plastic is falling apart itself and making sounds on even a very little bumpy roads. The car feels like its 10 years old car and doesn't feels what it used to be.

Is there any solution to this problem ? Like applying something on nuts / bolts etc. I don't think service people at Maruti tighten every nut / bolt when the car is taken for service (as they claim).

Also the mileage of car has gone down drastically, I always do tank full and in DTE it shows that it will do about 650 kms. but it never crosses 580 now. Earlier it used to do 620-640 but now it doesn't crosses 580 at all. I am not sure what is the problem.

Now my car is out of warranty also and I have decided to get the car serviced (regular service) every 7500 kms from some 3rd party service centre like Car Nation or Bosch etc. But if there's some technical work needs doing then I will goto Maruti for that.

I am trying to drive the Ertiga in 45-60 km/h so I get to see that in the console that I am getting 30 kmpl [glasses]. Lets see if that increases the mileage but in lower gears the figure drops to as low as 5-7 kmpl where as in only 5th gear I see 30 kmpl reading that also if I am driving it in 45-60 km/h speed.

Any tips to keep the car healthy and like new would be highly appreciated. I want to get rid of the sounds coming in the interior. [cry]

Thanks

Re: Ertiga noises and other issues

For the rattling issues you can take the car to a good body workshop. You have to tell them from where the sound is coming up. They will do the things right.

Which fuel brand are you using ? Try to fill once in BP from a BP factory owned pump. Im sure you can see the difference.

Regarding the mileage, in my previous Manza, it used to display always as 25. But i used to get only 21 KMPL in tank full method.

Happy Driving.

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga: Technical Problems and Solutions

Hello sir, I recently bought an Ertiga GL two weeks ago in The Philippines, I like the car very much and I have no intention of selling it. Please help me buy a SERVICE / Workshop manual for my Suzuki Maruti Ertiga. I contacted my dealer and they told me that they have no service manual. I hope somebody can help me purchase an Ertiga service manual in India, I wrote to Maruti but they told me to download the owner's manual. I explained that the owner's manual is entirely different from a service manual. I need this to fully understand the car and to troubleshoot minor things. I want to make sure that I can also assist the mechanic in case my car has trouble. It is very hard to learn and ask questions without reading the service manual. Almost all car enthusiasts have a service manual for their cars, I hope I can buy one soon.
Thank you very much,
Respectfully yours,
Henry Ruiz
The Philippines

Ertiga ZDI beeper not working.

The *beep*beep sound when unlock button is pressed does not come anymore. Same for locking too. But only lights flash and car locks and unlocks normally. I tried using panic button and still only lights flash. The siren does not work. I am wondering if the siren has gone bad or i have accidentely put it in an off mode.

Gear stuck problem in Ertiga

Hi,

I have an Ertiga zdi and clocked 65000 kms. On 60000 as my car went out of warranty i got it serviced from MASS instead of authorized dealer, prior to this all services were done via ASS.

When car clocked 64000 kms the 2nd gear started to stuck and would not get in no matter what I do i.e release clutch and then try to reengage etc and it's happens randomly and not everytime.

Out of say 10 times it would stuck 2-3 times. And mostly it happens when I have to go down from 3rd to 2nd gear.

Yesterday, I took the car to MASS from where I got the 60k service and he checked the car and told me that gear rings have gone bad and that needs replacing with clutch plates and gear oil which will cost about 13500 and if I try to save then after 6 months or so it will go bad again and I have to again she'll 13500 again.

I have been driving cars forabout last 15 years and I never had any clutch or gear problem with any of my car except Ertiga. So I come to only one conclusion that getting car serviced by MASS has caused this issue.

What options do I have now? Is there any cheaper solution available to mitigate the issue? Is it possible that this might have happened due to mass putting less gear oil while doing the service?

Please help and clarify.

Thanks.

Top Bottom