Maruti Suzuki Dzire: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi ,
Starting this new thread for the face lifted version of the Dzire. Here is something which I noticed and can be a issue for which I need solution.

I noticed one thing today. I reached work and was parking into the lane, I spotted one of my colleague(who is also a part of TAI) also parking into a lane parallel to me. I got off took off my bag from the back seat and went to greet him. Guess what, I forgot to lock the car while continuing to walk towards our office. Later during the day, I had a "myntra" exchange scheduled and since it was raining moderately then, I thought I would drive up outside the office campus to return/exchange the item. I pressed the door unlock button on the door knob and pulled the handle, the door didn't open, then realized that I didn't lock the vehicle in first place. Thank god it was in our office campus, if it were outside, there were many goodies inside my car which could have been easily stolen.

A question, don't you think the vehicle must auto lock sensing the key fob is outside and the vehicle is not locked for a fair amount of time? this should be a standard and If i am missing something, can anyone of you point me to the settings page where it can be configured? didn't find anything in the manual.

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki Dzire(Facelift): Technical Issues and Solutions

Hi ,
Starting this new thread for the face lifted version of the Dzire. Here is something which I noticed and can be a issue for which I need solution.

I noticed one thing today. I reached work and was parking into the lane, I spotted one of my colleague(who is also a part of TAI) also parking into a lane parallel to me. I got off took off my bag from the back seat and went to greet him. Guess what, I forgot to lock the car while continuing to walk towards our office. Later during the day, I had a "myntra" exchange scheduled and since it was raining moderately then, I thought I would drive up outside the office campus to return/exchange the item. I pressed the door unlock button on the door knob and pulled the handle, the door didn't open, then realized that I didn't lock the vehicle in first place. Thank god it was in our office campus, if it were outside, there were many goodies inside my car which could have been easily stolen.

A question, don't you think the vehicle must auto lock sensing the key fob is outside and the vehicle is not locked for a fair amount of time? this should be a standard and If i am missing something, can anyone of you point me to the settings page where it can be configured? didn't find anything in the manual.

Edit:Mods Please put 2015-2016 before facelift in title as I think the real facelift dzire is 2017 model(the new dzire)
I did not understand, do you put your smart key inside the car an left?

-suryaputhra

Re: Maruti Suzuki Dzire(2015-2016 Facelift): Technical Issues and Solutions

In that case it auto lacks after sometime but I did not understand in the evening with key in Your pocket and if you press door soft unlock button it should open.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #5

In that case it auto lacks after sometime but I did not understand in the evening with key in Your pocket and if you press door soft unlock button it should open.

-suryaputhra
Exactly, so it means that i forgot to lock and with the key in my pocket when i approached the vehicle in the evening and pressed the button the doors actually locked which confirms my deduction that the doors does not auto lock after sometime when key is outside.

My car 2015 ZXi model auto locks after 30 sec if the key is outside.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #7

My car 2015 ZXi model auto locks after 30 sec if the key is outside.

-suryaputhra
Then there is some problem with mine or I have selected a security menu which disables this feature. Can you tell me the S[n] settings of your dash menu. I will post what security settings i have made later if i go back to my car.

Then there is some problem with mine or I have selected a security menu which disables this feature. Can you tell me the S[n] settings of your dash menu. I will post what security settings i have made later if i go back to my car.
Ok I do that shortly. Try checking your user manual. By the way within one year of ownership all new dzire has come how are you feeling our model is old model now.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #9

Well feeling not bad really. Happened when i bought Ritz, less than a year later there was a facelift version with DTE and fuel consumption info available in MID in later models. So it's part of the game[:)]

Well feeling not bad really. Happened when i bought Ritz, less than a year later there was a facelift version with DTE and fuel consumption info available in MID in later models. So it's part of the game[:)]
Well said, manufacturers are bringing face lift once in 3 years and in six years new model but using the same engines. Good game by manufactures to sustain in the industry with ongoing lot of competition.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #11
i cant find the air filter in my 2013 swift dzire lxi petrol

so recently i bought a 2nd hand swift dzire lxi petrol. i cannot locate the air filter under the hood (not cabin filter). i am thinking is it missing or what? saw few youtube videos its not therewhereit should be . can u guys help? waiting eagerly. thanks in advance[cry][confused][confused]

Re: i cant find the air filter in my 2013 swift dzire lxi petrol

It should be present right on top of the engine cause it is a petrol engine. It should be the Suzuki 1.2 l 4 cylinder petrol engine. You should make a enquiry about the service records of the car. The previous owner might have used a aftermarket air filter or a different type of air filter system. You can also seek help of a good mechanic or contact MASS. Better you can provide few pictures of your engine bay.

Re: i cant find the air filter in my 2013 swift dzire lxi petrol

so recently i bought a 2nd hand swift dzire lxi petrol. i cannot locate the air filter under the hood (not cabin filter). i am thinking is it missing or what? saw few youtube videos its not therewhereit should be . can u guys help? waiting eagerly. thanks in advance[cry][confused][confused]
With out air filter your car will not run, Just post engine bay pictures.

Top Bottom