Maruti Suzuki Dzire LED Switchback DRLs

bhvm

Honoured Member
it's quite easy Buddy. what spec are your fog lamps? we can order compatible Led bulbs for them. these then can be connected to original wiring or an engine start sensor to work as auto drl.

it's quite easy Buddy. what spec are your fog lamps? we can order compatible Led bulbs for them. these then can be connected to original wiring or an engine start sensor to work as auto drl.
I hope dzire got 50W fog lamps, something like switchback fog cum DRL leds available?

bhvm

Honoured Member
why do you want switchbacks?
it will have same problems as above. just simple high quality led bulbs. genuine Cree ones will also work as fog lamp while keeping Power consumption Low enough for drl use.

why do you want switchbacks?
it will have same problems as above. just simple high quality led bulbs. genuine Cree ones will also work as fog lamp while keeping Power consumption Low enough for drl use.
I thought fog lamps are different, so what are these fog lamps, are not these different from other light sources.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I thought fog lamps are different, so what are these fog lamps, are not these different from other light sources.
[frustration]
Buddy.
I just meant install Original Fog lamps in your car and keep em on As DRL (conspicuity purpose). We can upgrade default bulbs to reduce power consumption as required. You will not require relays and load resistors on OEM fog wiring. I hope its clear now.[:)]

Last edited:
[frustration]
Buddy.
I just meant install Original Fog lamps in your car and keep em on As DRL (conspicuity purpose). We can upgrade default bulbs to reduce power consumption as required. You will not require relays and load resistors on OEM fog wiring. I hope its clear now.[:)]
My car ZXI already have fog lamps, so upgrading them to LED fog lamps and using them as DRLs cum fog lamps that is what your suggestion right? if so any specific category of LEDs should be used to serve as fog cum DRLs.

Last edited:
^ I think they are H8 35W halogens as in almost all the cars from Maruti stable.

I used to have 7.5W H8 LEDs in them and they served as DRLs for me well for almost a year before giving up. Bought from AliExpress, soldering in one of the bulbs went kaput. Still have them somewhere. Were bright enough to be DRLs but useless during night. They were COBs. Cree chips were not available on low cost bulbs at that time(3yrs ago). Looked good during the daytime but at night they serve aesthetically only.

Old pic

Attachments

Last edited:
You may need to tap the pilot lamp wire to power the white LEDs or just get it connected to the battery with a switch and fuse.
I too m a noob here and the gurus may help.

Top Bottom