Maruti Suzuki DZire LDI vs VDI?

Hey vaibhav,

On second thoughts why don't go you for the Swift ZDI (hatchback) I mean, I think the boot is just 100 liters more in the Dezire (correct me pls, if i am wrong). Try not to compromise on safety (Airbags and ABS ), I have test driven VDI and ZDI and was really disappointed with the brakes in VDI, it just didnt cut it. Unfortunately, we have to pay heavily for something that should always be a standard ( ABS and Airbags), its a general tendency to think that we wont be harmed or we are the better driver. But you never know when the other person has a bad day and wants to kiss your car head-on!![;)]

Give a thought!! [:)]

If parents are explained about the usefulness /lifesaving importance of the abs, airbags , I am sure they won't mind sacrificing socalled (100 lit) big boot.

Air bags can be sacrificed only on the ground of budget and space inside , as is the case with myself.

Thread Starter #34
I booked today SWIFT DEZIRE LDI (White) at DD Motors,Wazirpur @6.54 lacs having additional 3rd and 4th year insurance.

So now will eagerly wait for the car

Thread Starter #38
Tornado bhai break up is as follows

NEW SWIFT DZIRE LDI
591120 - Ex showroom price
595240- exhowroom price+ 3rd yr warranty
30476 - Registration+smart card+ No plate
4000 -MCD Parking charges
14988 - Insurance
4500 - Handling charges
1160 - Basic MGA kit
331 -Auto card
210 - Etching with service tax
650905- On road price
3920- additional 4th year warranty
Total on road price- 6,54,300 Rs

Please , ask how and what do they handle @4500.
What is basic MGA kit.
5 months is more than enough time for window shopping for accessories.

Thread Starter #40
Please , ask how and what do they handle @4500.
What is basic MGA kit.
5 months is more than enough time for window shopping for accessories.
Basic Mga kit maybe i think will include kits which si above Stephine in bonnet all those screwdrivers etc i think [surprise]

Yaar 4500 handling charges if i object i will get late delivery u never know. Or they sabotage my new car or dont do bad service late on as i will have 4 years of warranty

So i though why take risk and all dealers here charging this [frustration]
If anybody who has not paid this please tell me in delhi [confused]

Hello Vaibhav congrats for your booking of Dzire.

Yaar 4500 handling charges if i object i will get late delivery u never know. Or they sabotage my new car or dont do bad service late on as i will have 4 years of warranty

So i though why take risk and all dealers here charging this [frustration]
If anybody who has not paid this please tell me in delhi [confused]
The handling charges shouldn't be charged in Delhi.You can complain in the consumer forum if you feel harassed. Did they tell you openly or indirectly?

Basic Mga kit maybe i think will include kits which si above Stephine in bonnet all those screwdrivers etc i think [surprise]

Yaar 4500 handling charges if i object i will get late delivery u never know. Or they sabotage my new car or dont do bad service ]
Please ask the dealer about, basic MGA kit, I am sure it's not the screw driver, stephen y kit, as it comes free with the car by default.

Dealer can't sabotage the car as msil is very strict and serious about booking/ delivery feedback given by the custemer. At the time of my Wagonr delivery, I had informed the msil on its routine feedback form that I suspect sabotage regarding 5 litre s free petrol fill up.
MSIL compelled the dealer to fire two employees , purely on the basis of circumstantial evidence. So don't worry. Just ask for break up of MGA kit & handling charges.
You can avail the warranty benefits (msil provided)at any of the numerous MASS all over India. So attempt to harass /sabotage means loss of future bussiness (accessories, servicing) for a dealer. No dealer can afford to feed his employees without bussiness up to the satisfaction of the custemer.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
@Tornado Bhai

Yaar i already paid booking amount of 20k .
I will ask all this when i am asked to pay at time of delivery [surprise].....
i am not from well connected family. So little afraid that i may get delayed delivery...
my bro coudnt even get learners license in compuetrised test eventhough he asnwered right answers but RTO pc said wrong answers . Finally we are thinking of paying bribe get him a license ...

Pata ni yaar India me mango people ka kya hoga :frown:

@ vaibhao ,In the era of consumer protection law, custemer is definitely a king, atleast before paying full amount.

Auto companies/dealer do not and can not have beurocracy like attitude. They are always worried about the competition. No harm in asking your queries to the dealer,after all it's your hard earned , 9 hr a day tds cut income., even if you have paid the booking amount.

The RTO will not have any competition for issuing a licence, hence the attitude.

By 'mango people' do you mean to say ' Aam Log' ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom