Maruti Suzuki DZire LDI vs VDI?

Re: Variant Dilemma: Maruti Suzuki DZire LDI vs VDI?

There are many minute features apart from power windows and music system that comes in VDi and not in LDi.

Tachometer
Light-off/key reminder
Driver's seatbelt warning lamp
Door ajar warning lamp
Vanity mirrors (sunvisor co-driver side)
Day/night rearview mirror
Head restraints (rear seat)
Fabric accented door trims
Front seat back pocket (driver and passenger side)
12V accessory socket in central console
Silver painted door garnish inside door opener
Key not removed warning buzzer
Black coloured A- and B-pillars

(I think this list was for the old dzire/swift. No idea about new one.)

These features, you wuold never get unlesss u buy a VDi.
Go for VDi.

Thread Starter #17

Ok sir let me know of brand and model.

vaibhav,
if you are looking for a sedan with all bells and whisles such as music player, power windows and all Swift Dzire VDi makes sense.But if you consider the extra bucks which you are paying for those electricals to be important go in for the LDi variant.
The only feature that I have spotted good in VDi variant over LDi is the elctrically adjustible rear view mirrors.[;)]

Thread Starter #19

vaibhav,
if you are looking for a sedan with all bells and whisles such as music player, power windows and all Swift Dzire VDi makes sense.But if you consider the extra bucks which you are paying for those electricals to be important go in for the LDi variant.
The only feature that I have spotted good in VDi variant over LDi is the elctrically adjustible rear view mirrors.[;)]
There is extra road tax of 29k in VDi model which is spoiling the deal [frustration]

electic adjustable mirrors [;)]

Today I had a glance over the feature list of the new dzire.
Swift VDi would be a nicely featured compact sedan if it packed either ABS or Airbags.
Eventhough MSIL has kept the price 10-20k high after equipping the car with any of the safety features it would have justified the price.
If you are not specific that you want a sedan, try the Maruti Swift ZDi that packs all the features that you would wish.It also has better dynamics and handling when compared to the sedan.There is only a price difference of around 30k between Swift ZDi and Dzire VDi.

There is extra road tax of 29k in VDi model which is spoiling the deal [frustration]

electic adjustable mirrors [;)]
Vaibhav, VDi in all senses makes a good deal. If you're an ice freak, you could get the HU and speakers replaced with the ones with high performance, you're MS dealer should be able to buy back the OEM HU and the speakers at a decent price.

Also, fitting electrically adjustable ORVMs in an Lxi/LDi model should be a task. I would hence suggest a VDi only.

P.S. Vaibhav, kindly proof read your posts for any grammatical and spelling errors and make necessary changes in the future for ease of reading to all the users. No offence meant.

Keep one thing in mind; if you buy LDi and put accessories of say 50k; then later when you will sell the car; it is going to be treated as a LDi only. I hope you got my point.[:D]

Swift VDi would be a nicely featured compact sedan if it packed either ABS or Airbags.

If you are not specific that you want a sedan, try the Maruti Swift ZDi that packs all the features that you would wish..There is only a price difference of around 30k between Swift ZDi and Dzire VDi.
@ vishnu I agree that abs, airbag s are all important things but Vaibhao wants to fit the car in his budget.

It is ironic, that auto makers are not providing abs airbags in the mid varient (vdi) .They should provide them in lieu of not so essential features such as ICE, electric orvm s, powerwindows.[frustration] The not so essential accessories, feature s can be purchased later on, but who cares? Govt. compels seat belts but not the abs, airbags

If someone wants to go for abs, airbags (zdi), he has to unwilling ly, /willingly spend more money on not so essential features[evil]

Thread Starter #24
No yaar I will buy LDI@6.5 lacs and fit accessories from outside for 40k
total price= 6.9 lacs

VDI costs 7.3 lacs and still music system is poor and no map system in it [glasses]

I wont sell the car before 10 years yaar. My maruti 800 is 16 years old and going strong [clap]

I wont sell the car before 10 years yaar. My maruti 800 is 16 years old and going strong [clap]
Buddy, i know you have fixed up your budget, but when you are planning to keep the car for such a long time, then why not stretch it with some more bucks and get an ABS version. On indian roads, ABS comes handy in critical conditions and is one of the most important and useful safety feature.

Guys
I have to book a new dezire this sunday.
I am really confused whether i should LDI or VDI

There is a difference of 80,000 between the two.

I am already stretched for budge..

1) If i buy a LDI and get fitting done from outside will it remove warranty?
2) Is 80k worth for extra feauteres in VDI?

Plz help [surprise]
My vote goes for Ldi, you can get accessories from reputed shops outside though this still may void warranty but limit damage to some extent, avoid splicing of any wire and use connectors while electrical work also try to avoid any drilling work in car body.

You can also choose your dealer for critical (electrical/electronics) accessories fitting like music system, remote central locking, rear parking sensors/camera.

Install sun control film and seat cover from outside.

Hope above helps you.

Buddy, i know you have fixed up your budget, but when you are planning to keep the car for such a long time, then why not stretch it with some more bucks and get an ABS version. On indian roads, ABS comes handy in critical conditions and is one of the most important and useful safety feature.
I do have the same opinion akassh.
A car with a powerful engine must have ABS as standard.
But Dzire no variant comes with ABS as standard except the Automatic petrol ,ZXi and the ZDi variants.
My suggession for vaibhav is if he can compromise the bootspace go in blindly for the Maruti Swift ZDi hatch which will offer him everything including the safety featuers.

Thread Starter #28
My vote goes for Ldi, you can get accessories from reputed shops outside though this still may void warranty but limit damage to some extent, avoid splicing of any wire and use connectors while electrical work also try to avoid any drilling work in car body.

You can also choose your dealer for critical (electrical/electronics) accessories fitting like music system, remote central locking, rear parking sensors/camera.

Install sun control film and seat cover from outside.

Hope above helps you.
i plan to take 3rd and 4th yr warranty also. I dont want warranty to get void but want to install acessories from outside to save cost [frustration]

If wires are not spliced on, battery specification is not exeeded, then warranty can't be void.

Maruti dealer 's accessories men cleverly & softly keep on talking of ' warranty void issue' if accessories are fitted out side, just to induce anxiety in custemer's mind, to divert the bussiness in their favour.

Just try to tell one dealer that the other dealer is allowing accessories to fit from outside shop without warranty void issue, truth will surface.

Kenwood music system comes with a steering mountable remote control, can be mounted at a place demanded by you , no wire splicing is required.

Top Bottom