Maruti Suzuki Driving School - Your Experiences.

Re: Experience - To Opt Driving Licence - via MDS.

Driving Licence opting experience via MDS (Premiere Car World) ;

Today 27/2/2014, My Final DL test day come and went smoothly the Test Drive Part (as it obvious else why people bother to enroll their name at driving school and opt out License via them).

Anyhow after gone through the whole driving part - test procedure, I thanked my GOD, The MDS Stuff who assist me (as well every other candidate) and the whole Indian RTO system, that I borned in this country and get away with Permanent Licence without putting any effort.

Via any driving school getting Licence is so easy, I'm afraid what happens if these candidates who appeared in this kind of DL test each and everyday and may think they can drive and out for real world before make sure or identify their capability/limitations and breakdown point.

Now I know why MDS people want me to enroll my name for Licence (apart from money) as soon as I start my class..but I kept them away stating 'Just let me learn first, then I will'.

---------------------------------

Except today getting Licence via MDS is bitter and it will continue too. [anger]

Appeared for LL 30' Aug 2013 and passed but only get LL paper at hand 29' Jan 2014(issuing date) after countless phone call to MDS (after each they promise it will be issued next week ->next month- > & then next year) and 5 days trip to RTO (to the broker) and finally the LL (as the validity 6/9/2013 to 5/3/2014) we get two months worth of practice time instead six.

Now again they made some clerical error about my credential and to rectify this it will take 3-4 months to get the Licence. So those people who appeared today will get their DL by month of May but in my case it will be June /July [frustration] and I'm now again the mercy of the Indian RTO system.

@Arijitb Congratulation for passing the license test. Soon you will get permanent license and can drive independently. But for myself, I still avoid busy traffic time and opt for morning & holidays for independent driving. I finished my advanced course at MDS. The wheel changing procedure is exactly as described in car manual. [clap][drive]

Bumping this thread to seek more opinions on the Maruti Suzuki Driving School. I stay in Pune and went to their office last weekend to just see what was on offer and this is what they had to say....

They explained me properly the charges, what services they offer and how the learners course will pan out.
Although I don't remember everything they said. here are a few tidbits.

Around 2.5 Hours of Theory lecture in classroom.
Around 2.5 Hours on a simulator. They claim that a newbie gains half of confidence in the simulator itself. They did show me the simulator. It was a maruti alto cockpit (they said) and it was exactly like a proper car with gear and everything. In the front there were 3 widescreen monitors to give you view of the road. They did not switch on and showed the simulator so did not know how it looked when in action. But I am sure a simulator would definitely boost a new driver's confidence.
Then 10 Hours of driving practice in a real car. It is 1 Hour daily (or 2 Hours on weekend) and it would be only the driver and the trainer and no one else behind. Unlimited kilometers allowed here.
There is a session on explaining each and every part of the car, i guess it is part of the 10 Hour practice.
Also a session on how to change the spare tyre.
There is a progress card sort of where the trainer will write how you perform in each of the driving lessons.
They claim to teach different stuff daily like once parallel parking, hill driving, traffic driving and so on.
3 options of car as Alto, Swift and Swift Dzire with cost as 4000, 4500 and 5000 respectively.
The cost DOES NOT include the license fees.

The cost seems high for sure compared to the run of mill driving school but at least on paper, this looks like a more comprehensive course that would really be a value add compared to the other driving schools who cram 3 people and tell you to get out after half an hour of drive.

PS: The above is what was claimed not an actual experience.

In kolkata,I took traning from two MDS run by two different dealers. What I think the training is far better than road side driving schools. But their help regarding driving license is not good [I obtained license on my own effort]. Secondly the report card is not updated,its importance is ignored. Thirdly one has to constantly pursue the trainer regarding techniques of slope driving,parking etc.Fourth very little knowledge is imparted regarding vehicle maintenance. Wheel changing drill is part of Advance course.Since they charge only for driving training [exclusive of license cost] I think they should put emphasis on the above points.

Dont know much about MDS, but i have learned driving in Pune 3 months ago and the course was of 26 session each of 5 KM. This course was having 2 night drive, 2 ghat drive, 2 service station and 1 reversing session. The trainer takes students on road from first day itself.

Fom rest 19 session, 5 sessions were for practicing realtime brake, clutch and accelerator on road, next 5 sessions were for understanding gear change and rest session to practice driving on all kind of roads and situations.

I have learned in Santro for Rs.3500/- which is inclusive of learners and permanent license and now started driving confidentely in Pune's traffic [:D]

Dont know much about MDS, but i have learned driving in Pune 3 months ago and the course was of 26 session each of 5 KM. This course was having 2 night drive, 2 ghat drive, 2 service station and 1 reversing session. The trainer takes students on road from first day itself.

Fom rest 19 session, 5 sessions were for practicing realtime brake, clutch and accelerator on road, next 5 sessions were for understanding gear change and rest session to practice driving on all kind of roads and situations.

I have learned in Santro for Rs.3500/- which is inclusive of learners and permanent license and now started driving confidentely in Pune's traffic [:D]
If 3500/- really provide all above you mentioned then I must admit it is more VFM than MDS learner course which is now cost nearly or over 5000/- (approx).

I'm also learned my 1st time Driving on a MDS Car - They never allowed Night Drive as they stated according to traffic rule All Learning must be completed before 5 PM. But on the same area I observed many local training school offered Night Driving to their students.

MDS offered many nice thing in their course - brochures - but in real they provide very little. It Depends on the trainer too - How honest he is ?

During my Learner Course;

1.Never Got A Chance To Reverse.
2.Never provide any wordings about reference point about ORVM's - As well no access to IRVM (I think IRVM is common for All).
3.Nil - Parallel Parking.
4.Only one day - By chance got perpendicular parking.
5.They never told how to follow a vehicles in front you.

So after completing the training I'm not able to take out my car and drive internal roads.

BTW I live in a very congested place with both side open drain - narrow road - Lamp post which block the road. Here is the pic in front of my house - It is Sunday 27 April'14, 40.C outside so less traffic which gives the Idea .

20140427_135634.jpg

Video is here - Captured from my window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-L8vQEhk4

So after my course completion - I need 45 hours of real drive training / practicing to just take out my car from the match box size garage and the drive in front of my home road which shown above video / picture.

Now the question why I'm posting my problems ?

Because as I earlier mentioned - If the user stayed in planned township such as SaltLake - Kalyani - Rajarhat (example of planned township of Kolkata,WB) then they are ok with MDS training. MDS training also sufficient for those who got their dedicated driver at home for regular purpose but wanted to know the driving.

N.B:- I agree there are many road in North/South Kolkata got narrower road than in front of my house and those are accessed by the Bigger Expensive vehicle all day long but they don't have Open Drain/Lamp Post/Two Way Traffic/Rickshaw/Cycle/Vanos.

Last edited:
So it looks like that the service of MDS is not on par everywhere. It also depends on how the local MDS is.
I wonder if it works that when I go to register, I tell them I will be blogging about this on the internet and update it everytime so it helps others decide if they should come to your MDS or not. May be this can get me proper service / training.

If 3500/- really provide all above you mentioned then I must admit it is more VFM than MDS learner course which is now cost nearly or over 5000/- (approx).

I'm also learned my 1st time Driving on a MDS Car - They never allowed Night Drive as they stated according to traffic rule All Learning must be completed before 5 PM. But on the same area I observed many local training school offered Night Driving to their students.

MDS offered many nice thing in their course - brochures - but in real they provide very little. It Depends on the trainer too - How honest he is ?

During my Learner Course;

1.Never Got A Chance To Reverse.
2.Never provide any wordings about reference point about ORVM's - As well no access to IRVM (I think IRVM is common for All).
3.Nil - Parallel Parking.
4.Only one day - By chance got perpendicular parking.
5.They never told how to follow a vehicles in front you.

So after completing the training I'm not able to take out my car and drive internal roads.

BTW I live in a very congested place with both side open drain - narrow road - Lamp post which block the road. Here is the pic in front of my house - It is Sunday 27 April'14, 40.C outside so less traffic which gives the Idea .

View attachment 139177

Video is here - Captured from my window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-L8vQEhk4

So after my course completion - I need 45 hours of real drive training / practicing to just take out my car from the match box size garage and the drive in front of my home road which shown above video / picture.

Now the question why I'm posting my problems ?

Because as I earlier mentioned - If the user stayed in planned township such as SaltLake - Kalyani - Rajarhat (example of planned township of Kolkata,WB) then they are ok with MDS training. MDS training also sufficient for those who got their dedicated driver at home for regular purpose but wanted to know the driving.

N.B:- I agree there are many road in North/South Kolkata got narrower road than in front of my house and those are accessed by the Bigger Expensive vehicle all day long but they don't have Open Drain/Lamp Post/Two Way Traffic/Rickshaw/Cycle/Vanos.
Hi Arijitb,

Yes i was lucky enough to get such driving school and the guys who teach you gives many tips while driving. Similarly in service station they showed us how to change flat tyres and also given knowldege about different oils and how we should check them.

And there is no rule like all completing training within 5 pm, i was in the batch which was between 7.00pm to 8.00pm [;)].

The area where i stay is also conjucted and this driving school is near to it hence once got training to negotiate such situation. In your area atleast opposite vehicle stops, at mine they never stops... starts giving light for pass [confused]

Hi All,
Any one know which of the following MDS is best:
1. MDS Kalyani motors, Brookfield Bangalore
2. MDS Bimal Auto, Whitefield, Bangalore
3. MDS Pratham motors, Outer ring road, bellandur, Bangalore.
Thanks,
Aayush

Re: Maruti Driving School - 25% Discount for Women

Looks like I wouldn't be able to upload this forum as the maximum size of RAR file is 5MB

The second cd after compressing the .iso comes around 129MB. Looks like second cd contains all of first cd + more topics

Here are the content screenshot

View attachment 167789

View attachment 167790

View attachment 167791

View attachment 167792

View attachment 167793

I have BOX account of 50GB. I can even PM you the link if you want to download from there and upload to this site's ftp.

Breaking into 20 parts is not difficult. Downloading it separately and joining it would be really difficult for users.

Once extracted the rar file, you get .iso format. You can either burn it on a CD or mount on a virtual drive. If you are using thru virtual drive, you need to disable Physical drive from device manager.
Can you please send me the link in private message or post it in the forum so it can be useful to all of us.

I got training and license from a local driving school. My wife got licence through Maruthi driving school. Local driving school was more flexible and cheaper but Maruthi had betters cars and better waiting lobby.

Re: Maruti Driving School - 25% Discount for Women

Looks like I wouldn't be able to upload this forum as the maximum size of RAR file is 5MB

The second cd after compressing the .iso comes around 129MB. Looks like second cd contains all of first cd + more topics

Here are the content screenshot

View attachment 167789

View attachment 167790

View attachment 167791

View attachment 167792

View attachment 167793

I have BOX account of 50GB. I can even PM you the link if you want to download from there and upload to this site's ftp.

Breaking into 20 parts is not difficult. Downloading it separately and joining it would be really difficult for users.

Once extracted the rar file, you get .iso format. You can either burn it on a CD or mount on a virtual drive. If you are using thru virtual drive, you need to disable Physical drive from device manager.
Can I too get the link? Newbie here

I got training and license from a local driving school. My wife got licence through Maruthi driving school. Local driving school was more flexible and cheaper but Maruthi had betters cars and better waiting lobby.
Not only better car they offer [ at least my experience] more time [ one hour] and higher driving stretch [ 15 Km]. So in 10 days one can have 150 Km driving,though actually that does not happen as in initial period trainees take more time i.e in 1 hr one may drive only 5 to 6 km.[:)]

Top Bottom