Maruti Suzuki Driving School - Your Experiences.

What happened to your driving test?

By the way,
Wife got the last theory session yesterday. It was just a slide show by one of the training guys. They were saying excuses of 'No instructor'. They do not need an instructor to play the video.

Not the best experience. But, much better than many training centers.
I passed the driving license test today. I appeared with my own car. Shall get the license card by 20th of this month.
Thanks everybody.[clap]

I passed the driving license test today. I appeared with my own car. Shall get the license card by 20th of this month.
Thanks everybody.[clap]
[clap] Congrats .Sidd7hartha. Wish you very happy & safe unlimited miles.

--------------Some Update about myself regarding MDS experience---------------

Right Now. I'm middle of the course and since the starting of the course I'm very unlucky. when ever my Practical Day come either their Training Vehicles go for servicing or Lack of Fuel (need to refuel at my class hour) or not available. if those things somehow alright then my class canceled due to heavy rain as the surrounding area got heavy water logged or some festive day though the last two quite true.

I start my class May 29th and till now I only got 4 Practical class & unlimited Simulator class, after five Sim they are all free though. In this rate I think it even continue for next year.

------

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Arijitb regarding your message on MDS training pattern.
Pl post your views earlier than my joining.
Hello Sidd7hartha [:)]

I believe, I somehow misguided you and I feel guilty for my wordings. When I complete my training , then I can able to write down their training pattern. I note down some of their error & niggles during practical and theoretical classes but those thing are minor and vary trainer to trainer.

But what I earlier mention via Private Message, I don't meant to say their training pattern but the treatment to an individual user about his class assignment. Anyhow it needs an explanation or else it create confusion.

Below the part what I wrote via PM :-
Arijib said:
I discover some pattern which I'll update at MDS thread later . You are joining for Adv. Course in this MDS or near your home ?
Me and one of my family member join this course around last week of May 2013, at first we are learning together and it helpful only when Theory class provided. Else after we are in stage of Simulator their tendency to provide the session in very short period. As I'm Motor Bike rider past 13 years of my life since the school age, I grab the driving pretty fast, So at the SIM session my family member (Zero experience with any kind of driving) get the chance to practice a good length of time but I only able to use the SIM for 10-12 mins of time, because according to them my hands are pretty clear and there is someone waiting for his/her class. Remember this is the time when a first timer need to familiar with Gear Shift/ Biting point/ Steering Control etc etc.....me too need to practice the SIM for considerable amount of time.

So I reschedule my class in two different days and for me it is pretty hard to go there in the middle of the week but I somehow mange and go there and continue. In the meantime my partner not able to continue her class due to some obvious reasons and some weeks pass when she can't able to attend any class at all and this is the not the fault of MDS but her busy schedule.

Now here is the catch, This situation continues and from past couple weeks my pre-defined class get canceled by them without any reason - No Holiday/No Water logging or anything. At first I'm not paying attention about the matter but last week asking my family member, she confirm that we both attend the same amount of practical class as well as other class. They just bench me down to tally with her about class progress. As she able attend only 1 class a week out of 2 mine will be the same for that week or next.

Currently we both done P5.

Thank God - I appoint a driver with whom I'm able to go out with my car and practice for 3 hours by paying him 250/- (which is not economic though) else I completely forget how to drive till now.

-------------------------

So Sidd7hartha......please don't hesitate about your advance course, This exception is only happening with me, it will never happen with you.

As you already completed the Learner Course and you grow confidence with them so what to worry ?

Wishing you luck for your Adv. Course and let us know your progress.

Last edited:
So Sidd7hartha......please don't hesitate about your advance course, This exception is only happening with me, it will never happen with you.

As you already completed the Learner Course and you grow confidence with them so what to worry ?

Wishing you luck for your Adv. Course and let us know your progress.
Still, I am wondering, why such thing happened with you? There is no fault of you.

Last edited:
Yesterday (4/10/2013), I finally completed my MDS Learner course at Premier Car World (MS Platinum Dealership) Kolkata.

Enrollment Date : - 17/05/2013
Starting Date : - 29/05/2013
Ending Date :- 04/10/2013

Class Allotment / Consistency : As irregular as it can be, In Aug - I'm able to attend only one class.

Vehicles provided : WagonR VXI, A-Star ZXI, Ritz ZXI

As provided type Class are :

Theory Session : 2
Demo : 1
SIM : Usual 5 + Lost count how many - Whenever they unable to provide Car / Trainer.

Practical Session :
P1 to P10 and PE = Nothing but another Practical Day.

First four practical class I attend was 45 mins of driving time provided at the car but from then on all my remaining Practical session lasted 20 to 25 mins (max) by the professional trainer of MDS, Only two class I attained which last 1hrs 5 min when the trainer beside me is the guy who live at my locality in stone throw distance.

PE was 22 mins max at fairly deserted road & they don't let me to do any reversing or parallel or perpendicular parking. There is no practical roundabouts in the whole training except at SIM session. 'H' formation and '8' formation with cone is out of question.

All practical class they provide without usage of IRVM to the candidate as well no mention of 2-sec rule and MSM or PSL technique.

SIM session : this session is pretty much OK and provided fairly good amount of time to me, Actually this is the particular segment they don't bother much and provide plentiful if they unable to arrange practical class.

Theory Session : Everything is going to OKish as it seems , but if a student curious enough and ask question about Dashboard notification lights in details like (SVS/Glow Plug or Immobilizer System Light or simple how many TRIP meter is there ?) without wasting any other students class timing - then he is not welcome there.

---------------------------------------------

Now the feedback (my observation) :

If anyone want to experience / gather knowledge of driving control and stuff then this MDS course is the perfect way to go. But if anyone's target is after completion of the course want to drive his/her car of their own and regularly commute (other than joy ride), The course is far more less to meet that target.

This course is perfectly suitable for those people who lived in pre-planned luxurious community/city (Like here in Salt Lake,Kalyani,Rajarhat) to drive in & around but not for the real Rest of Kolkata / India road mayhem traffic.

The whole training session they hardly gave any instruction to me apply brakes (because they got the control and they are in hurry to wrap up the session ASAP) but when I take out my car for practice the situation is completely different with my driver (according to him if we don't/can't accelerate due to traffic condition like pedestrian/bike/cycle then our right leg must on top / in front of Brake Paddle ready to engage and only time we shift the leg from there when the coast is clear).

I can add many other flaws but the post will be lengthy, So I stop talking here by mentioning last one,
During enrollment they promised if I buy any MS car in this dealership or any other I will be entitled for 1k discount which I bring into attention of Sales Dept during my purchase but it was duely not met as this was very old offer in past and it is over long time ago.

Hello Arijitb, you gave a nice short description of dismal driving training in kolkata. As far as I know the other driving schools offer worse course than MDS,which may be responsible for so many road accidents in city. The driving schools are actually License agents. They are not at all interested whether you actually learn to drive. I saw even private drivers are reluctant to provide the knowledge (may be due to professional reasons). Some recent accidents in city made by trainee /Learner drivers highlighted the dismal condition of driving training in kolkata. It also pointed out how easy to get License than learning driving. I think Govt.(Transport deptt )should look into the matter and improve training pattern of the driving schools for safety of pedestrians and drivers as well.

Thread Starter #55
@Arjitb

I think you should write to Maruti (Driving section) with their toll free number and share your concern. 25 minutes of driving instead of 1 hr is not acceptable. Real bad case of improper management.

To my wife, from first day onwards, they have taken thru the busy Bangalore roads. First two days, they took her to an area where vehicles are less. The remaining classes all were on the roads during normal hours.

I had given my car to her two months back on a Toll road and believe me, she drove neatly to an extend. I did not want her to drive her thru the busy road till she is not comfortable in our own car. No brake / accelerator / clutch control by instructors. So, I want her to be perfect in my car before hitting the busy traffic.

As your course is complete, you can raise the complaint and get the remaining hours (almost 5 hrs) driving sessions. Do not care about your training center. Worry about your money and get trained well.

As far as I know, MDS teaches all the rules and regulations well to be a Safe Driver which is difficult to find on roads

Thread Starter #57
:: Maruti Driving School :: Welcome is the website and I had called to marutisuzuki.com webpage 1800 102 1800 number and asked for Driving school section. I raised the complaint. I even called up the local driving school and said that i will be sending mail to MDS customer care when they reduced (pickup drop) to 10KM instead of 15KM. Later they gave 1 hr or 15km from the pickup point. Only negative thing was the 'Driver' started behaving bit unpleasant afterwards.

EDIT : If you want to write an email than calling, address is contact@maruti.co.in

Last edited:
It is definitely worth getting trained in MDS.

I got myself trained in RNS Motor driving school for Rs. 4900/- and opted for Wagon R. The best part was that
1. Got a discount coupon for 50 % of my driving fee back when i bought a new maruthi car
2. Auto Card free (worth Rs. 337) with Additional 1000 Auto card points loaded

So, if you are planning to purchase a maruthi car after you get complete driving classes, just GO FOR IT, you cannot get any other VFM option anywhere else !!

Hello Arijitb, you gave a nice short description of dismal driving training in kolkata. As far as I know the other driving schools offer worse course than MDS,which may be responsible for so many road accidents in city. The driving schools are actually License agents. They are not at all interested whether you actually learn to drive. I saw even private drivers are reluctant to provide the knowledge (may be due to professional reasons). Some recent accidents in city made by trainee /Learner drivers highlighted the dismal condition of driving training in kolkata. It also pointed out how easy to get License than learning driving. I think Govt.(Transport deptt )should look into the matter and improve training pattern of the driving schools for safety of pedestrians and drivers as well.
You are absolutely right, a news article today's Metro (The Telegraph) echoed your wordings.

here is link
Money fuels licence farce

@Arijitb, You see dear we have at least learnt to drive. But you will see while driving some pedestrians did not learn to use roads. I can remember during childhood father used to teach how to cross road. No doubt bad driving skill creates accident. But ignorant pedestrians are also responsible for accident. If you drive you will feel it.

Top Bottom