Maruti Suzuki Driving School Review
Today, I took my wife to 'Kalyani Motors near Nayandahalli' and registered for Drivers License Program.
They (Maruti Driving School) are running a promotion all India for Females who join driving program this month (As women's day fall on this March). 25% discount on course fee.
The fee is on a higher side. But, when you calculate all the options you get, I do not feel it is high.
Local Driving School : [REDY instead of READY]
- 20 Days - 1/2 hr ->10 hrs class.
- 1 day 1/2 hr theory
- 1 day 1/2 hr practical on vehicle.
- So total 22 Days - 11hr
- Costs 3800 for Swift with License
Maruti Driving School fees:- (Excluding LL and DL)
Rs 4000 for Alto
Rs 4250 for Zen Estilo
Rs 4500 for WagonR
Rs 5000 for Ritz
+1500Rs for getting LL and DL
We chose Ritz as that was the one close to my Swift Dzire (They teach in Diesel variants),
So the total was 5,000-25% +1,500 -> 5,250 Rs
We got an Auto Card with 1227 Points (1 Point is 1Rs). You can buy anything from any Maruti Dealer for same value or you can accumulate points on referral etc. [If you have a maruti vehicle, you are entitled to get this. You need to present the Photocopy of RC /Insurance]
So, the total comes down to 4000Rs.
You get :-
- 7.5 Hrs of Theory (1x1hr, 3 x2hr and 1/2hr demo) - Teach about behavior on road and cover a lot.
- 2.5 Hrs of Simulation (5 days - 1/2 hr each) (You can experience clutch, gear, steering, accelerator before hitting the road. It is kind of live feel. It is much better than going straight on road)
- 10 hrs of practical - 10 days x 1 hr . Pick up and drop if you happens to stay in 2.5km radius
- Total 20hrs.
I was more happy to join there as they teach theory which is essential for a beginner than just going on the road.
You can get more info about this 20hr program from here
Other than that,
- We got two CDs 'Road safety Self test CD ROM - part 1 and 2' which works only in XP (Very old program i believe) (Written on cover - Complete learner's kit part 1-2).
- Learn to drive safety 135Page printed book which i mentioned in some post yesterday PDF here.
- A scribbling pad
- Progress Record Book where they have P1 to P10 sessions. Each session teaching different things about driving.
Hope I chose the right one !
If you have a wife like mine who doesnt know 'ABCD of driving', this is the right time