Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2012 Rally

Thread Starter #1
The highly awaited Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2012 has been flagged off today from Delhi. This Rally from Delhi to Ahmedabad includes many participants driving various Cars and SUVs.

This year we have AMW entering the NDURE+ section with Trucks for the first time.

updates on the rally can be found on
http://www.marutisuzukimotorsport.com/
Maruti Suzuki Motorsport | Facebook

350Z

Core Team
Yes, AMW trucks are participating too and it's sure going to be awesome. A couple of live images I can share (Courtesy: Amit Narain Tyagi).

AMW Truck Desert Storm 2012.jpg

AMW Truck Desert Storm 2012 1.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
I have heard that ace rally driver Gagan Gill is going to drive XUV in this year's DS.
You mean Gaurav Gill? Yes, he’s participating too. In fact, he’s driving the same XUV which is posted in the image above.

Droy any idea when can we find the winners?
I will update this thread with results. You can also refer to the official website: Desert Storm 2011

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Renowned rallyist Sunny Siddhu is out due to engine failure of his Vitara XL-7 that occurred after the car faced a high speed 20 feet jump. Similarly, Gaurav Gill is also having a tough time in XUV and had to remove the front grille for better cooling. On the other hand, Suresh Rana (Well known from Raid the Himalayas) was on the lead.

A latest image from Desert Storm:
Desert Storm Bikes.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am desperate desperate desperate to join take part in this kind of a Rally. I have been following Raid the Himalayas from quite some time. can someone help me with info how to qualify and join?

Top Bottom