Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDi Tyre & Alloy Upgrade

@ProVJ

Cool wheels, even i am looking at Momo for future upgrade. Where did you pick them up from & what was the price?

Did you get to check out the entire Momo range before choosing?

Thread Starter #17
@ProVJ

Cool wheels, even i am looking at Momo for future upgrade. Where did you pick them up from & what was the price?

Did you get to check out the entire Momo range before choosing?
Have a look at sai mag wheels. Here is the link: Welcome to SAI MAG WHEELS

The bangalore distributor of sai mag wheels for momo alloys is Hercules tyres in sheshadripuram. ( owner's name is saravanan). He will be able to source the model you may decide to go in for. Price varies depending on the size. Price for a R16 set of four when I purchased 5 weeks back was Rs. 34,000.

Michelin is a proven tyre brand,only cons is with its valve neck.
Every 8 months it should be changed else can give you trouble .
Mine has clocked 20k km ,with wheel aligned and balancing checked at every 5k .
Out of the 2 incidents i have faced both are neck complaints.No punctures,or sidewall wear.

Its my personal experiences as the tyre shop owner had told a solid point- If you are inflating in a fuel station, they tend to strain the neck while filling air.
Planning to go for Nitrogen Air in my new ride.
May be you used a bad quality valve necks.

I am not sure this tire comes with company valve necks. Usually multi brand tire shops will give same valve necks for different tires. I have using tubeless for past 7-8 years. No issues with this. When i changed the last set of tires couple of months before, though i got new valve necks, they didnt changed the same. So i am using the same valve necks for more than 4 years without a problem.

Thread Starter #20
Congrats provj on the upgrade. What difference can you feel over the old ones????? Ride quality, tyre noise, handling etc ???
Thank you.[:)] I have done about 3K kms with the michelin 3ST. Must say the ride and handling has improved significantly. Very quiet inside the cabin as well, hardly any road noise. Mileage doesn't seem to have dropped as I thought it would. Getting a mileage of around 23km/l with ac on the highway and 17km/l with ac in bumper to bumper bangalore traffic. Overall, I'm very satisfied for changing the stock tyres to Michelin.[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go!

Side profile

Front-side on, background is Nandi hills[glasses]
16 inch just looks Fabulous. Got Ciaz ZXI on 21st August and now I am thinking of upgrading the 5th steel wheel to 15 inch stock alloy.
Should I consider 16 inch stock alloy, if so I need to upgrade the tyres immediately.. How much the whole project will cost?? Let me know the price of stock 15 and 16 inch alloys if you have the details. Let me know the details.
Count your feedback.

Last edited:
16 inch just looks Fabulous. Got Ciaz ZXI on 21st August and now I am thinking of upgrading the 5th steel wheel to 15 inch stock alloy.
Should I consider 16 inch stock alloy, if so I need to upgrade the tyres immediately.. How much the whole project will cost?? Let me know the price of stock 15 and 16 inch alloys if you have the details. Let me know the details.
Count your feedback.
Any update?

Thread Starter #23
Firstly, I don't think 16 inch stock alloys are available with any dealers in Bangalore, off the shelf. If you plan to purchase non OEM 16 inch alloys, then the price depends on the brand you would choose to go for. Sorry, I don't have the details of the price of the OEM 15 or 16 inch alloys.

Last edited:
Firstly, I don't think 16 inch stock alloys are available with any dealers in Bangalore, off the shelf. If you plan to purchase non OEM 16 inch alloys, then the price depends on the brand you would choose to go for. Sorry, I don't have the details of the price of the OEM 15 or 16 inch alloys.
Yes, they are yet to launch the alloys for Ciaz. But confirmed by showroom that it will happen pretty soon and will have a large variety to chose from.[clap]

Finger Crossed.

Hi ProVJ,

The wheels and tires look fabulous.
I am thinking of the same tire size 205/55 R16 on ZDI+.
You think there will be a loss of power, acceleration. It's good to know fuel efficiency has not taken a hit.

Concerned about a few issues:
1. Wheel well scraping during full weight, or speed bumps?
2. Has the tire noise increased?

Would be very grateful if you can reply to before I take delivery in a couple of days.
Thanks in advance.

Concerned about a few issues:
1. Wheel well scraping during full weight, or speed bumps?
2. Has the tire noise increased?

Would be very grateful if you can reply to before I take delivery in a couple of days.
Thanks in advance.
1. If the difference in overall diameter after and before upsize is less than 2%, chances of scraping the wheel well is very less. Make sure that you don't go for negative offset or spacers, as the wheel stick out more than normal and can cause scraping.

2. Tyre noise depends on tyre compound, or brand and quality. Usually with wider tyres, noise will increase but it is not noticeable.

Congrats on the car. May I know the reason for upsizing in a brand new car?

Thanks for your message.
Well, only one reason actually. I really like the look of the fatter rubber. :)

Update:
I have been checking quite a few posts in many forums for Ciaz tire upsize to 205/55 R16 tires and have found not a single scrapping or negative review. So this has given me confidence to go for these.
Therefore, asking questions. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your message.
Well, only one reason actually. I really like the look of the fatter rubber. :)

Update:
I have been checking quite a few posts in many forums for Ciaz tire upsize to 205/55 R16 tires and have found not a single scrapping or negative review. So this has given me confidence to go for these.
Therefore, asking questions. :)
Do take a good look at the Ciaz on display at the showroom. An upsize from 195mm to 205mm on same wheels would hardly be noticeable, at least to the majority of people. I hope you aren't expecting too much change in the stance after the upgrade.

If members who have done the upsize could post before and after pics, that would give a good idea.

Top Bottom