Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Need help. I have ciaz zxi+ purchased in April 2016.
I wanted help on two things
1) I was hearing tud tud sound on passenger seat front side. When I went to service station . After checking they told link rod screws is not tight. They tightened the screws. Any idea why this happens. Any other checks to be done further??
2) when should we change the battery? I m. It getting any battery indicator but when I use all indicators when car engine is off for 5 minutes, car is not getting started after that. I need to get jump start after that. If I don’t use the lights when engine is off then no issues seen. Do I really need to replace the battery immediately. Any thing else that can be done on the existing battery life? Is 4 years is too much time for the first battery

1.Can be the reason
2. If vehicle is running less , 4 years can be the max life . Take it to a good battery shop , they will plug their scan machine to the battery and will say whether it is time to replace the battery or not .(Physical inspection of battery - Lead deposit , battery bulges which occur in last stage of battery life also can be noted)

1.Can be the reason
2. If vehicle is running less , 4 years can be the max life . Take it to a good battery shop , they will plug their scan machine to the battery and will say whether it is time to replace the battery or not .(Physical inspection of battery - Lead deposit , battery bulges which occur in last stage of battery life also can be noted)
Thank you Vishnu. Any suggestions on good battery shop in Bangalore (in case if you know any shops)

Hi All respected member, we recently purchased ciaz from Bimal nexa Bangalore', after 3 month of purchase we hear lot of noise from front left side look like something hammering while our can run on bumpi roads, our service center has changed caliper pin and caliper unit as well but the noise they can't rectify till now, can anyone please help what should we do next,

Thanks

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues and Solutions

Hi everyone, i recently bought a ciaz vdi+ on Jan 1,2017 and since 2nd day i have been hearing rather tolerating some unpleasant noises coming from inside the car and i would request you all to tell me what could be the possible reasons behind it or if they are indicating some major problem then how to go forward with maruti.
1. There is a continuous ticking or clicking sound coming from behind when the car is in motion. (Ac and music system off) I m assuming that it is coming from the rear seats
2. Whenever i press the clutch there is a clicking sound.
3. Vibration coming from driver side door
4. A lot of tyre noise (i don't know if its normal with mrf tyres)
5. Seat noises
6. Also, while shifting gear from 1st to 2nd i get a jerk almost 70 percent of the time.

Would wait for your feedback on this

Thanks
Hi I got my tyre changed today after doing 86000 KM on stock MRF zvtv.I shifted to ceat but to my horror the noise still there.Now after 5/1/2 years I real want to get rid of the vehicle.However every thing other than this is superb with ciaz.Mine is vxi plus 2014

Hi,

I buyed new Nexa car Ciaz AT Aplha with all accessories(Still there are pending accessories to be fitted due to unavailability of manpower) . There are issues in the Music system/Infotainment System. It's been over a week and the issues are not resolved nor addressed..

1. The Music system is not playing songs on the iphone via bluetooth.
2. Also USB connection is not happening via samsung phone.
3. And the third issue is that a blue screen is coming on my music system which should not be there.

Attaching videos i have taken of the issues

Issues with samsung USB are intermittent and occurs 70% of the time. iphone issue is always there. Note that I myself am a IT guy and have done all the basic checks with multiple handsets and cables.

Can anybody help me with Escalation matrix and any solution if any ?

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues and Solutions

ECM stands for engine control module and BCM stands for body control module.

-suryaputhra
Hi

I own a ciaz VDI plus 2016, recently my car has drenched in water due to clogging.. however the engine started fine and some water came off the exhaust and it did not turn off..the mechanic checked the air filter area and said there is no issues..

He recently said that I need to get the ECM and pedal sensor serviced and quoted 16k for it..how much does the ECM cost or is it resonable cost for ECM service..please advise.

Hi

I own a ciaz VDI plus 2016, recently my car has drenched in water due to clogging.. however the engine started fine and some water came off the exhaust and it did not turn off..the mechanic checked the air filter area and said there is no issues..

He recently said that I need to get the ECM and pedal sensor serviced and quoted 16k for it..how much does the ECM cost or is it resonable cost for ECM service..please advise.
Is your car running fine?, engine smoothness?, drives like earlier?, fuel economy fine?. If so why change ECM, what exactly the problem. I can ask the price talking to Maruti distributor for genuine spares but no idea on service charges.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I bought my ciaz alpha this year and got the delivery on 18th-oct-2020. And on 30th-oct-2020 I was washing my car and my music system was onn and the engine was not onn. And the battery drained in just 1/2 hr. Is it normal? Does the battery of ciaz is so incapable? It didnt happend in warranty and breakdown person charged me 600 rs for jump starting my car. After 2 days the same problem occurred, this time I used the car previous day and next day morning it again went down. I called service center about this and they asked me to bring the car to the service center the breakdown person came the next day. When went to service center they simple recharges the battery and asked me too use and tell if it happens again, and it did again today dates (06-11-2020) what should I do? I am giving my car to service center and they will repair it under warranty but this is a Manufacturing defect. Should I ask them to replace the car? Or simply get it repaired? As I an sacred it can happen again anytime anywhere and they just couldn't rectify the thing. I haven't seen any car getting this problem just bh running the music System in the car also not in any Maruti car also plz help and tell me what to do.

Thank you.

20min, if you keep the audio system turned on(Your car in Acc mode), the battery will drain. It is not only the audio systems running on, but the power supply to all the sensor lines are on. As goodwill, MSIL can change the battery alone for you, but not the car and it depends on your rapport with the service centre.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello all,
I bought my ciaz alpha this year and got the delivery on 18th-oct-2020. And on 30th-oct-2020 I was washing my car and my music system was onn and the engine was not onn. And the battery drained in just 1/2 hr. Is it normal? Does the battery of ciaz is so incapable? It didnt happend in warranty and breakdown person charged me 600 rs for jump starting my car. After 2 days the same problem occurred, this time I used the car previous day and next day morning it again went down. I called service center about this and they asked me to bring the car to the service center the breakdown person came the next day. When went to service center they simple recharges the battery and asked me too use and tell if it happens again, and it did again today dates (06-11-2020) what should I do? I am giving my car to service center and they will repair it under warranty but this is a Manufacturing defect. Should I ask them to replace the car? Or simply get it repaired? As I an sacred it can happen again anytime anywhere and they just couldn't rectify the thing. I haven't seen any car getting this problem just bh running the music System in the car also not in any Maruti car also plz help and tell me what to do.

Thank you.
It might be a faulty battery. If it is recurring, just escalate to Maruti or inform the dealer, you would do so. Everything will be taken care of.

I own a Ciaz Alpha AT 2019 October. I'm planning to install a dash cam. Two options on wiring are:
1. Plug into the USB slot under the entertainement unit. This leaves lose wires around and I would dislike the ugliness.
2. Install the power source from the electrical junction behind the steering unit (internal).
My concern is, will Nexa revoke the warranty (5 years), if I opt for option 2. And is there any other way around, without compromising on the neatness.

Top Bottom