Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues and Solutions

Hello All,

I have also bought a ciaz Vdi+ last month.I also had a feeling that the clutch pedal when released ets struck for a while before returning to its normal position .Then I received a call from Maruti Suzuki saying they need to replace some clutch part in my car.

Afterwards the problem seems to be resolved,so I just want to know whether this problem could be due to the faulty clutch part or is related to something else because I am again encountering the same problem.Its not a major issue but just that the pedal get struck for a nano second before returning back to top.

Please suggest.
Naveen

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Afterwards the problem seems to be resolved,so I just want to know whether this problem could be due to the faulty clutch part or is related to something else because I am again encountering the same problem.Its not a major issue but just that the pedal get struck for a nano second before returning back to top.
It could be the clutch release baring dear that has been changed as a part of recall for Ciaz. In case you are still facing the issue then do inform your car dealer and get it rectified. It may need a slight adjustment and that's about it.

Regards

Akash

It could be the clutch release baring dear that has been changed as a part of recall for Ciaz. In case you are still facing the issue then do inform your car dealer and get it rectified. It may need a slight adjustment and that's about it.

Regards

Akash
Even in my wagonr clutch release bearing was a issue..they changed it for free.
But still exists..
Its a creepy sound from engine bay if clutch pedal is released fully.
Sounds like keech keech .
According to Rpm sound vary..
If i press the clutch even 1mm sound disappears

I opened the bay and
But i manually found out that the adjust bolt near clutch assembly where cable from clutch connects to a lever ,
It was loose and had a bit of loose movement in full clutch release position
So i tightened it up a single rotation.. Now its no issue..

Poor service guys changed bearing .. To solve the issue..

Thanks a lot for the update Akash.

Need one more information,recently I have started facing a new issue with my Ciaz Diesel.In the morning when I start the car then the gear shifts are too rough,its very difficult to change gears for the initial half an hour drive.

Once the car the car gets a little heated up then gear shifts start becoming smooth.Today when I started the car in the morning then I literally had to use both my hands to engage the reverse gear.

As per my belief its due to extreme cold weather persisting in Delhi,but even if I am right then its weird that the gear becomes so difficult to be changed due to car getting cold in the night.

I have used swift diesel in the past and never faced such an issue ,please suggest the possible cause.

Thanks
NK

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I have started facing a new issue with my Ciaz Diesel.In the morning when I start the car then the gear shifts are too rough,its very difficult to change gears for the initial half an hour drive.

Once the car the car gets a little heated up then gear shifts start becoming smooth.Today when I started the car in the morning then I literally had to use both my hands to engage the reverse gear.

As per my belief its due to extreme cold weather persisting in Delhi,but even if I am right then its weird that the gear becomes so difficult to be changed due to car getting cold in the night.
NK, It can "be" definitely due to cold weather, the oil's texture gets bit sticky. When heated it becomes fluid. Normal practice of heating a formed solid. Its, in simple words, just like heating a frozen gravy. However, during the scheduled service do get it checked by ASC, may be level of gear oil could have become a bit low. In this thread itself there is a product book of CIAZ, you may download the same for your reference dear.

Regards

Akash

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #21

I have started facing a new issue with my Ciaz Diesel.In the morning when I start the car then the gear shifts are too rough,its very difficult to change gears for the initial half an hour drive.

NK,
Any update on this? Ciaz Owners on other forums have reported hard gear shifts. Did you check with service center?

Thread Starter #22

Got my Ciaz ZXi AT Silver delivery today. Super happy with the car. Ownership review awaiting moderation.

Issues:
No complaints so far. Only complaint as of now is I feel that the brake and accelerator pedals should have been placed 1-2 inches lower s.t. I could use them while resting my sandal heel on the floor. Right now my right foot does not rest on the floor. May be I need to try out more comfortable driving position using seat height. Also, brake and accelerator pedals should have been places 1-2 inches on the right side. Even the dead pedal is too much on the left side – left knee almost pushes the plastic area near the front cup holders. Does any owner feel the same?

Thread Starter #23

Issues:
No complaints so far. Only complaint as of now is I feel that the brake and accelerator pedals should have been placed 1-2 inches lower s.t. I could use them while resting my sandal heel on the floor. Right now my right foot does not rest on the floor. May be I need to try out more comfortable driving position using seat height. Also, brake and accelerator pedals should have been places 1-2 inches on the right side. Even the dead pedal is too much on the left side – left knee almost pushes the plastic area near the front cup holders. Does any owner feel the same?
Ok... False alert. Took the driver's seat back and reduced the height. Now its perfect - my right heel can rest on the floor while I use brake and accelerator. Big relief while driving.

Hello everyone,

Can anyone explain how to setup the clock and also the mode wherein the car get auto unlocked on stop button is pressed?

regards,
Rahul.

Since january 12th, there's no issue reported. Is this a sign or a bad one for the Ciaz? :)

Thread Starter #26

Does anyone feel that the steering wheel and CBA pedals are more aligned on the on the left side of the driver cabin/foot well instead of being center aligned?

I feel that these are not at the center of the driver’s cabin space and foot well – they are aligned an inch or two on the left side.

Hi buddy, I'll be checking on it too and shall update on it once its with me.

Regards

Akash
Hi Akash1886, have you been able to get a workshop manual for the Ciaz? I would like to be able to perform maintenance on my own car rather than rely on a dealer.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hi Akash1886, have you been able to get a workshop manual for the Ciaz? I would like to be able to perform maintenance on my own car rather than rely on a dealer.
Not Yet buddy but soon. I am trying for it. Will update.

Regards

Akash

How to connect external DVD to CIAZ Smartplay

Hi Guys, happy to be here and this is my first post in the forum, i have bought the new CIAZ ZDi Plus, i can see in the manual and the system that it has an option to connect an external DVD to the Smartplay, but the dealer has no clue on where and how to connect, will be happy if someone can help me out.

Thanks
Ganesan

How to connect external DVD to CIAZ Smartplay

Write to MSIL and please do mention that you failed to get information from dealer. They will help. Our fellow TAIns will help but make a point to notify MSIL

-CARleone

Top Bottom