Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues and Solutions

Well as an update I got my car serviced (first) at ~900 kms, reported these issues:
1. Steering Hard
2. Steering not Self centering
2. Steering very loose on 120+ speeds

At first they didn't want to do anything, however, agreed to make some amends after test drive.

They kept the car for a day and confirmed that they unbolted the steering rack and lubricated all the components, which should sort out all 1,2&3.

The steering was a bit easier to maneuver, self centering though wasn't happening completely (it just doesn't happen for the last 15-20 degrees), the recoil of the steering after a U or long turn got much better. So not exactly satisfied, however, better than before. Not happy to have a new car opened!

The loose steering on high speed issue, on the second test drive (post servicing of steering), was exactly the same. Anything over 120kmph, the vehicle doesn't give you any confidence (this was a different road than before, mix of concrete and tar here).

They offered me a different Ciaz to test this, and the response was exactly the same. So if two vehicles behave the same, they cant do anything!

You don't reach up to these speeds on daily basis, however, knowing that your vehicle wont be able to let you do it is discouraging.

This isn't a known / reported issue as the steering center issue and I am to believe that this is with all variants of Ciaz. Any one else who has experienced the same or rectified.

Cheers! Amit P

Did anyone in our forum get there SLD ( smartplay infotainment system) upgraded in there ciaz ? I checked with the service centre recently and was told that an update is not available for ciaz yet, but i can see on other forums that some of the guys have installed the update and they have android auto working in there cars !

Well as an update I got my car serviced (first) at ~900 kms, reported these issues:
1. Steering Hard

At first they didn't want to do anything, however, agreed to make some amends after test drive.

They kept the car for a day and confirmed that they unbolted the steering rack and lubricated all the components, which should sort out all 1,2&3.

The steering was a bit easier to maneuver, self centering though wasn't happening completely (it just doesn't happen for the last 15-20 degrees), the recoil of the steering after a U or long turn got much better. So not exactly satisfied, however, better than before. Not happy to have a new car opened!

The loose steering on high speed issue, on the second test drive (post servicing of steering), was exactly the same. Anything over 120kmph, the vehicle doesn't give you any confidence (this was a different road than before, mix of concrete and tar here).

They offered me a different Ciaz to test this, and the response was exactly the same. So if two vehicles behave the same, they cant do anything!

You don't reach up to these speeds on daily basis, however, knowing that your vehicle wont be able to let you do it is discouraging.

This isn't a known / reported issue as the steering center issue and I am to believe that this is with all variants of Ciaz. Any one else who has experienced the same or rectified.

Cheers! Amit P
My car did have this issue and its not yet fixed. I have accepted the fact that its a maruti . BTW its a Sep 2016 MY car . I had other issues as I have listed before, that is noise from front suspension (bush was changed), which is rectified after 3rd attempt. Fingers crossed,lets see how it works out in the next couple of months.

Did anyone in our forum get there SLD ( smartplay infotainment system) upgraded in there ciaz ? I checked with the service centre recently and was told that an update is not available for ciaz yet, but i can see on other forums that some of the guys have installed the update and they have android auto working in there cars !
During my suspension issue service, I had check about the infotainment update and MAP update. I was told they would update if a SMS was received from Maruti. The car play works like a charm and I do not feel the need of android auto. I would update it if it is released by Nexa only cos of google maps.

Last edited by a moderator:

During my suspension issue service, I had check about the infotainment update and MAP update. I was told they would update if a SMS was received from Maruti. The car play works like a charm and I do not feel the need of android auto. I would update it if it is released by Nexa only cos of google maps.
You can download and update your maps here. me too am more than happy with the SLD and I connect my phone via bluetooth and it works like a charm. But it will be nice if we get android auto too[:D].

^^ Checked and found that I have the latest update already in my SD card . All Ciaz delivered this month i think already have the updated maps.

At 3800 KMS I have 2 burst tyres. and glass of my fog lamps have cracks in them, with water ingress too. I had raised a complaint and asked for replacing the tyres under warranty. I noticed the cracks in the foglamp glass 2 days back, Do you all think the same too can be raised under warranty.

At 3800 KMS I have 2 burst tyres. and glass of my fog lamps have cracks in them, with water ingress too. I had raised a complaint and asked for replacing the tyres under warranty. I noticed the cracks in the foglamp glass 2 days back, Do you all think the same too can be raised under warranty.
Oh wow [surprise], have you been driving on really rough roads?

As for the foglights, if it was due to road debris, probably not. If it was a pre-existing cause, probably yes.

Thanks @Viru ! Regarding rough roads : No. it was a drive from Surat to Mumbai. Road conditions was Okish. As regarding foglamps I am getting it replaced today ( Not under warranty) any ways I have raised a complaint . lets see what the outcome is !

Last edited:

The rubbers used in front suspension bush kit was not in proper dimension thats by the sound comes when the car hit into a pit hole. go to your MASS dealer and ask them to change the Front Suspension Bush Kit with the New Modified part produced by Maruti. Today i got it done from my MASS and now my Ciaz Running Fine [clap]
Sir can you please tell me...how long was the process of replacement of bushings[:)]

1. Steering Hard

Cheers! Amit P
Hi Amit

I have the exact same issues on my 2016 Ciaz Alpha/Zdi+. Since i drive around 70kms daily, i now have a persistent pain in my neck and shoulders. I was thinking of selling this car , but some how managed to get a steering assembly replaced which still has't solved my problem. I was wondering if this is only me or anybody else has faced the same problem when i came across this post. I have specially registered on this forum to ask you the same. My car has done close to 20k. I was wondering if it could be the good year tyres ? since my friends Apollo on ZXI+ are doing well with a light steering? I am now thinking to get the tyres replaced.

Also, the ASS guys are quite smart to not acknowledge what the customer is reporting, they just want to make their quick bucks.

Hi
I recently noticed a noise coming from my CiaZ while i cross 80 KM speed.
1. No vibration in my car , car is steady even in 120
2.I am not sure if it is engine noise or Tyre noise
3. Noise I feel might be engine stress or tyre issue.

Vehicle in 34,000 km and 1.3 years old car, every 10,000 km service done along with Wheel alignment. I am using MRF tyre

Step Tried by Service center people
1.Changed one side of front Tyre believing it would have gone bad - still same noise
2. I checked the wheel alignment , believing it to be fault - no fault found - still same noise
3.Wheel alignment team said it could be because of tyre friction noise - all though i never noticed all this days.

Hi Amit

I have the exact same issues on my 2016 Ciaz Alpha/Zdi+. Since i drive around 70kms daily, i now have a persistent pain in my neck and shoulders. I was thinking of selling this car , but some how managed to get a steering assembly replaced which still has't solved my problem. I was wondering if this is only me or anybody else has faced the same problem when i came across this post. I have specially registered on this forum to ask you the same. My car has done close to 20k. I was wondering if it could be the good year tyres ? since my friends Apollo on ZXI+ are doing well with a light steering? I am now thinking to get the tyres replaced.

Also, the ASS guys are quite smart to not acknowledge what the customer is reporting, they just want to make their quick bucks.
Well in my case, the steering has gone a bit light not as much as I would like it to be, however, manageable.

I do make an effort to have the tyre inflated a PSI above the recommended level (I know, not ideal!) and check the pressure regularly. You'd find the maneuvering hardens as the PSI falls (exponentially!).

I got an ownership feedback from MS and I happily shared mine (all the above points). So after a few days of feedback, I received a few messages from my dealer:
1. The car has been taken to the workshop and delivery date is the next day
2. The work is concluded to my utmost satisfaction
3. I am entitled for a gift [confused]
All this while the vehicle was parked at home [surprise]

Now I have accepted with a pinch of salt that Ciaz has these niggles, the dealership won't address it and MS would happily put forward dealers for all issues (endless loop!).

I preferred MS over VW, because of service quality, however, a lemon is a lemon.

Cheers!
Amit P

Well in my case, the steering has gone a bit light not as much as I would like it to be, however, manageable.
How did that happen. Did the MASS guys do any change there?

I preferred MS over VW, because of service quality, however, a lemon is a lemon.
Cheers!
Amit P
I think we are in the same boat. This is my 7th Maruti Car . Since i have a good repo at the service station i felt that it would not be a problem.

Also, can you please tell me, what brand tyres are you running ? I am just wondering, why a large scale complaint has not been received for the same by Maruti.Is it that only a few of us feeling this. May be only the Top Model 16inchers. Or may be only on Good Year Tyres ?

Hi Raising,

1. They told me that they have lubricated the entire assembly, not made any changes to the EPS set up as this is not allowed by MS
2. I am driving on Apollos, same 16" 195/55
I also wonder why this is not out in the open, these issues aren't so small to be ignored..

Hi guys,

I just joined TAI . I'm having ciaz zxi one year old. Since few days my non driver side front door is getting stuck. Mechanic said door handle need to be replaced . Anybody facing such issue.Is there any solution for the problem or I have to replace it .what will be approx. Cost?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

You have warranty , why did you even check with a local mechanic ?
Maruti should replace that free of cost. Get it checked at mass.

Top Bottom