Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid Now Launched in India

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid To Launch Next Month in India

I don't know how much fuel savings will this hybrid technology result in , since maruti cars have a very optimistic MIDs where the average shown there never matches in reality when we tank up.

Maruti wants to Get rid old Ciaz's and launch the Hybrid. Which will bring Bigger margins to them thanks to lower ED 12.5% vs 24%.

I would take the existing CIAZ at a discount. Plus you can except the kinks in the new drive train to be ironed out in the first 6 months after launch.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I don't know how much fuel savings will this hybrid technology result in , since maruti cars have a very optimistic MIDs where the average shown there never matches in reality when we tank up.
Buddy, In real driving conditions, not just Maruti but any brand's car won't give the FE that's claimed as per ARAI. Reason being that the conditions in which ARAI tests the vehicles are very different from regular conditions. So, basically, in order to come out with a FE figure it tests in some preset conditions which in real-world can't be seen as benchmark by owners.

Regards

Akash

At 28 km/litre, Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz Hybrid may be India’s most fuel-efficient car

Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker, will be launching the Ciaz Hybrid, touted as the most fuel-efficient car in the country at 28 km/litre, thus raising the bar for fuel efficient cars in India.

The new vehicle, which will replace the existing Ciaz diesel, and challenge segment leader Honda City, will also put the spotlight on diesel cars, which were losing the edge to petrol variants.

A person close to the company said the technology will be a key differentiator for the company in the bigger car space, where it had a limited presence.

"The mild-hybrid, just like AMT, is an ideal solution for India. It has the potential to be a game changer. Benefits are plenty, fuel efficiency is better, environment is getting better, emission is taken care of — you are able to give a differentiated product to challenge competition," said the person, who didn't wish to be named.

A Maruti Suzuki spokesperson declined to comment on new model and technologies, but said, "Improving fuel efficiency is a continuous process at Maruti Suzuki. Adopting new technologies is one of the several initiatives the company has taken to increase fuel efficiency."

ET has learnt that Ciaz, which will come with a Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS), a mild hybrid system mated with a 1.3 litre diesel engine, is likely to be priced aggressively, which may be at a marginal premium, or Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 costlier.

While the technology will be imported, the high import cost will be offset by the incentives given by the government through lower excise duty of 12.5 per cent and subsidy extension of Rs 12,000- Rs 13,000 under electric and hybrid vehicle policy of FAME, which will help the company save over Rs 1 lakh on the ticket price.

The company plans to cross the 30km per litre barrier with the new Swift and Dzire. The same technology will make its way in Ertiga hybrid in October and it may be fitted in all 1.3 litr diesel engine cars of Maruti Suzuki in the future The company has also worked on 1.2 litre petrol hybrid, which will be available with the upcoming Suzuki Baleno, but only in overseas market.

Given the challenge of depleting fuel reserves and emission issue, moving to hybrids is a step in right direction, said Gaurav Vangaal, senior analyst for forecasting at IHS Automotive. But he said "the question remains the same with three A's — Affordability, Awareness and Acceptability".
The company expects almost half the new Ciaz and Ertiga sales to come from diesel hybrid version

Source: www.economictimes.indiatimes.com

Buddy, In real driving conditions, not just Maruti but any brand's car won't give the FE that's claimed as per ARAI. Reason being that the conditions in which ARAI tests the vehicles are very different from regular conditions. So, basically, in order to come out with a FE figure it tests in some preset conditions which in real-world can't be seen as benchmark by owners.

Regards

Akash
Akash ji I never mentioned ARAI figures in my post. What I meant was Maruti cars info display on speedometer which shows the average kpl is never matched when we fill the tank up. It happened in our Swift bought in 2012 and later in Ertiga. I found the average displayed in the cars to be most accurate in Fiat cars. When your Swift/Ertiga displays 17 kmpl for a certain distance, we always used to get 15-15.5 when we tanked up. Members who have Ciaz can give their feedback on this.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Akash ji I never mentioned ARAI figures in my post. When your Swift/Ertiga displays 17 kmpl for a certain distance, we always used to get 15-15.5 when we tanked up.
Buddy, I never mentioned exact FE of any car either.[:)] All I am saying is that in real conditions the FE shall always vary than that mentioned in brochure/expected by owner. Reference to ARAI was made only to say that, real conditions and ARAI test conditions are both very different hence, the performance of car differs too as you know and similarly the FE shall differ too.

Regards

Akash

Buddy, I never mentioned exact FE of any car either.[:)] All I am saying is that in real conditions the FE shall always vary than that mentioned in brochure/expected by owner. Reference to ARAI was made only to say that, real conditions and ARAI test conditions are both very different hence, the performance of car differs too as you know and similarly the FE shall differ too.

Regards

Akash
Just to clarify I was mentioning the FE displayed on MID. That is average displayed on multi info display in the speedometer never matches with the actual fuel efficiency when we do tankfull to tankfull calculation. I also agree with you that ARAI figures are difficult to achieve in real world conditions. But funnily enough in my Aria 2014 ARAI fig is 15.05 and on a number of occasions I got similar figures in actual usage driving at around 90 kmph.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Just to clarify I was mentioning the FE displayed on MID. That is average displayed on multi info display in the speedometer never matches with the actual fuel efficiency when we do tankfull to tankfull calculation.
Talking of MID FE, Its not just Maruti which shows this deviated FE, Honda Ivtec 3rd Gen CITY too has a MID malfunction of about 10-15% on tankful. It has been accepted by Honda ASC too.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #39

ACI First drive report is out on the Ciaz Hybrid. - Expected to cost ~ 15K Rupees more than its current diesel variant.

0_0_0_http___172_17_115_180_82_Reviews_czInt.jpg
0_0_0_http___172_17_115_180_82_Reviews_czbutton.jpg
0_0_0_http___172_17_115_180_82_Reviews_czbadge.jpg

As part of the 'Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki' (SHVS) upgrade, the Ciaz gets what Maruti calls an ISG (Integrated Starter Generator). The Ciaz SHVS comes with a segment-first dedicated start-stop system which can be brought into action with the press of a button located to the right of the steering wheel, beside the switch for the parking sensors and fog lamps. This system is similar to the one seen on the Micro-Hybrid Mahindra vehicles and quite a few high-end cars in our market. It comes in to play by shutting down the engine when the car comes to a complete halt and deactivates itself when the driver presses the clutch and allows the engine to restart. We found this system being activated approximately within four to five seconds of the vehicle being brought to a complete stop. There’s a dedicated sign on the instrument panel that glows when this system is active. As per the company claim, the system is said to deactivate itself if the driver unfastens his seat belt or if the driver’s door is opened.

The Ciaz SHVS also gets a Deceleration Energy Regenerating function. This comes into effect when the vehicle is being decelerated. Basically, what it does is that it “feeds” the energy back into the vehicle's electrical system during deceleration in order to further improve efficiency. A green-coloured SHVS indicator placed right at the centre of the instrument cluster lights up when this system is running. We found the SHVS light coming on only if the vehicle was being decelerated from a speed of approximately over 30kph. In order to let this system function, the driver has to ensure the vehicle isn't in neutral while decelerating and the driver’s foot is off the clutch pedal.

The third function seen in the Maruti Ciaz SHVS is the Engine Power Assist function which according to the carmaker, assists the engine power as a motor when the vehicle is running. There is even a gearshift indicator provided in the Ciaz SHVS to prompt drivers to change gears at the most ideal gear times – a feature seen in most modern-day Hyundai’s.

Source:ACI

Last edited:
Thread Starter #40

Ciaz SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki)- the mild Hybrid from Suzuki to launch on 1st September 2015.

The Ciaz SHVS hybrid will come with the existing 1.3-litre diesel engine but with the addition of an integrated starter generator and start-stop technology. This, in-turn will result in a fuel-economy bump to approximately 28kpl. The new Ciaz diesel SHVS will be available across all trim levels and Maruti is likely to replace the conventional diesel Ciaz with this new model. It will be the first sedan in this segment to feature hybrid technology, in India. Furthermore, like the recently launched S-Cross, Maruti is also likely to offer ABS, EBD and driver airbag as standard across all variants of the Ciaz.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/maruti-ciaz-shvs-diesel-hybrid-launch-on-sept-1-2015-397139.aspx

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

Maruti Suzuki updates its website. Gets ready for the Ciaz SHVS Launch.

ciaz.PNG

Typical Maruti, they launch even gimmicks such a way like an entirely new car is coming.

Gimmicks like putting stickers and limited editions etc and now this SHVS.

Most sensible people would welcome the way Maruti operates in most cases giving value for money, largely trouble free and easy to maintain cars, and once in a while with groundbreaking features all in all a very good company

Thread Starter #45

Ciaz SHVS -price starts at at 8.23L[clap]
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid will be offered in 5 variants VDi, VDi O, VDi+, ZDi, ZDi+

Maruti has also introduced a new mid-spec V(O) trim for the Ciaz petrol and SHVS diesel. It comes with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and seat belt pre-tensioner as standard. A driver’s airbag will now be offered as standard across the whole range.

Smart Hybrid features: Power Assist, Break Energy Regeneration, Idle Engine Start/Stop, Gear Shift Indicator.

Prices for the Maruti Ciaz SHVS (Ex-Showroom Delhi) are given below:
Maruti Ciaz VDi – INR 8,23,000
Maruti Ciaz VDi(O) – INR 8,37,500
Maruti Ciaz VDi+ – INR 8,81,500
Maruti Ciaz ZDi – INR 9,52,500
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ – INR 10,17,500

Last edited:

Top Bottom