Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid Now Launched in India

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid To Launch Next Month in India

Update from MSIL Plant in Manesar

Friends, I visited the MSIL plant in Manesar to inquire about this upcoming CIAZ hybrid and the feedback received by me is that CIAZ Hybrid is not launching tomorrow i.e 19th August. This feedback I got from Quality Assurance Deptt. Further to this, I got a call from Nexa Akshardham for feedback on S-Cross Test Drive, I asked them too and the executive informed they have at present no info for CIAZ hybrid launch. So we may have to wait for the same for sometime. The MSIL plant is spread over acres of land mind you. Also spotted some freshly made S-Cross cars and Dzires while driving out.

Regards

Akash

Update from MSIL Plant in Manesar

Friends, I visited the MSIL plant in Manesar to inquire about this upcoming CIAZ hybrid and the feedback received by me is that CIAZ Hybrid is not launching tomorrow i.e 19th August. This feedback I got from Quality Assurance Deptt. Further to this, I got a call from Nexa Akshardham for feedback on S-Cross Test Drive, I asked them too and the executive informed they have at present no info for CIAZ hybrid launch. So we may have to wait for the same for sometime. The MSIL plant is spread over acres of land mind you. Also spotted some freshly made S-Cross cars and Dzires while driving out.

Regards

Akash
Saarji, if you wanted to find Ciaz then you needed to visit the Gurgaon plant. :biggrin:

Next time take your car and reach the iffco chowk of Gurgaon. From there the main gate of MSIL is hardly 2-3 kms away. Park your car there for a day and you will easily spot 2-3 Ciaz cars coming out looking completely stock with a black paper hiding only the hybrid badge. I ended up spotti g one last day itself; heck it was my scoop day I guess.

First I spotted a Ciaz near signature tower in Gurgaon while coming out from sector. Couldn't click because it was a signal turned green but there were three guys in their twenties maybe sitting inside in Maruti uniform. Driving parallel to them I climbed expressway and they went straight to jharsa chowk.

Then I spotted the Audis near Hero Motocorp at Dharuhera.

Just after that I spotted two camouflaged scooters on the service road while I was having my favorite shahi paneer with butter roti.

If you have such a love for scooping and have enough time for it then I recommend you to hit these locations:
1) pataudi and the roads nearby; you may spot some Maruti or Honda testing there.
2) IMT Manesar and you may spot some Honda scooter testing there.
3) Malpura to Bhiwadi stretch of Dharuhera and Dharuhera byepass. There you can easily spot the scooters and motorcycles from Hero
4) Alwar byepass of Bhiwadi and you may spot some Honda car or scooter easily.
5) reach the road connecting Surajpur to Ghaziabad and you may end up spotting a Yamaha two wheeler or Honda car.

Believe me, 95% of times I simply ignore those mules while going to Jaipur or Mathura or Lucknow via Jewar. If they are slow moving, in opposite lane, on service road or if I am in hurry, else in the said places I spot a mule or two at least in 2 out of 10 journeys.

Even more wanted?

Find some man in JBM or Neel Metal and in KLT. You will easily find the TUV 3OO or the chassis or blueprints of some upcoming vehicles from Tata or Mahindra; can I give a bigger hint?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Saarji, if you wanted to find Ciaz then you needed to visit the Gurgaon plant.
If you have such a love for scooping and have enough time for it then I recommend you to hit these locations:
Noted Vipul. I know of the Maruti Plant only in Manesar and not their Gurgaon Location so visited there. I can genuinely think and sleep about cars 24x7x365.[:)] I read the Audi scoop you shared and its brilliant. During the week if I get time, will visit the Gurgaon Plant of Maruti.

Regards

Akash

Noted Vipul. I know of the Maruti Plant only in Manesar and not their Gurgaon Location so visited there. I can genuinely think and sleep about cars 24x7x365.[:)] I read the Audi scoop you shared and its brilliant. During the week if I get time, will visit the Gurgaon Plant of Maruti.

Regards

Akash
Saarji, let me give a ishmaal hint:
Just find out where the tech centers of the companies are and you will scoop most of their mules near by.
Go to Palam, Gurgaon or enter Gurgaon via Kapashera border and you will find out the MSIL plant.

And yes, if you have someone in Pune then you can simply park your car on the lone hilly route to ARAI above Kothrud and there you can spot one mule everyday. It can be anything though; not just cars but anything on wheels and all on test. In my three visits to ARAI, I got to spot something every time but couldn't click pics because I was there for tech talks only.

Well this will impact the existing ciaz buyers. The Resale value of the car will go down. Now that only diesel hybrid available.
something like Samsung phone. You buy samsung and in 6 months the company reduces price to 50%. the resale value is nothing.

Before everything else, we need to see how the performance and FE actually changes. I doubt that there won't be any significant gain in performance or FE because this is by no ways a proper hybrid. I am talking of something like what M&M showcased in auto expo.

One worrying factor is Maruti has stopped production of the Diesel Ciaz and relatively quietly going to launch only the Hybrid variant. Normally, a face lift would have had a few months of marketing. Also, are the changes so radical that the same equipment cannot produce these versions side by side? After all, Ertiga's and S-Crosses continue to roll out with the same Engine, Transmission and many common parts.

Is Maruti quietly rectifying some error in the earlier Ciaz's by introducing these Hybrids?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Expected time of Launch of Ciaz Hybrid by MSIL is in September 1st week. Executive Training is scheduled to start soon. Received revert from Dealer today.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #24

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz - SHVS to be India's Most Fuel Efficient car in India delivering 28km/l. Launching Next month.
This variant is likely to cost 25 -40k more than its current variant since it will fall under the electric and hybrid vehicle policy of FAME, which will help the company save over Rs 1 lakh on the ticket price.

The SHVS technology will next be seen in Ertiga in October followed by Swift and Dzire.

All vehicles with its 1.3DDIS engines can be expected to get this Mild Hybrid Technology shortly.

After Maruti Suzuki's AMT's success - the SHVS, a mild hybrid solution will be the game changer in the automobile segment.[clap]

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz hybrid going to be India

So under the FAME policy, a car which is over 4m attracts only 12.5% ED. Smart thinking Maruti. I am sure all manufacture will follow suit soon.

I don't think this car is too different from the earlier variant. Maruti has learnt that by doing minumum changes, they are paying 12.5% ED, almost equal to the 12% ED for small cars under the new FAME policy of Govt.

They had to price the car at a very VFM price last year. Now they are enjoying ED benefit 24% to 12.5%, plus they are going to charge 25K to 40K more. I don't think these changes should cost Maruti an amount 1 Lakh per car. They are increasing their margins on CIAZ using the new Govt policy.

They will now do it all DDIS cars. I am sure all other manufacturers will follow suit within a couple of years with Micro Hybrids atleast for their Bigger cars. They can small car ED @12.5% if they do.

This is a real coupe by Maruti, kudos to them. Better fuel economy for the customer and nation will also lower oil import bills.

With 99% of the parts being common with the earlier Ciaz, existing owners resale should not affected by too much.

Hmm hope so in my apartment there is guy who bought 2 Ciaz Diesel just two months apart, one of them he has put into Cab service and the other his personal usage. He was pretty disappointed with the news of that along with the ever growing discount on the existing Ciaz cars. Current offer is 40k cash discount + 25 k exchange + 15 k accessories.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

What will happen to all those who bought the old Ciaz, the resale value will be effected badly i feel
Not really as there are buyers who would still prefer to own a pure diesel car 5-6 years down the line so they may consider owning a used CIAZ. About re-sales, Over here the informed buyer will have an edge over those who just need a good diesel pre-owned sedan. Not everyone has the access to the launch/presence of Hybrid Version CIAZ. I'll share a true e.g here, just couple of days back I visited MSIL Manesar(Haryana) for this new Hybrid CIAZ, over there I met a person who appeared to be from some media/magazine and while I was speaking to the executive, he asked, is it real that a "new Ciaz is coming?" I did tell him that now Diesel one is called off and we'll get Diesel-Hybrid CIAZ in near future. So, until and unless, one knows that Diesel CIAZ is called off by MSIL till then the re-sales of it won't be affected in my view.

Regards

Akash

I am wondering why & how Maruti is offering discounts on Ciaz which is doing Good numbers. This New Hybrid version will increase its sales.

If Maruti is offering hefty discounts on Ciaz, i might well recommend it to my friend who is looking for a replacement for his 7 year old Dzire. Will ask him to wait for this hybrid version.

Top Bottom