Maruti Suzuki Celerio Ownership Review

Thread Starter #121
After 6 long years and 85k kms , I finally bid adieu to my Celerio this month. Lately it was driven by my wife and last few months had quite a few problems and had to spend almost 20k over 6 months in servicing and maintenance costs. It was really a fun car to drive and I made so many memories with it. Finally i exchanged it with a i20 Asta (o) petrol. Exchange value got is I.5 L although IDV was 1.9 L. Out of state RTO meant i was always on the backfoot during negotiations.

Goodbye my old friend! Will definitely miss you!

Attachments

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
After 6 long years and 85k kms , .......last few months had quite a few problems and had to spend almost 20k over 6 months in servicing and maintenance costs.
Will definitely miss you!
Congratulations on your new car. Very nice colour.
Can you please let us know what problems you faced which forced you to sell your car??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #123
Congratulations on your new car. Very nice colour.
Can you please let us know what problems you faced which forced you to sell your car??
There were several reasons actually. One of them being its already run 85 k , full of rattles and because it was making highway runs everyday , i was always worried that it didn't have any protection (ABS + airbags). Plus several problems cropped up one after one which needed repairs and servicing which sometimes proved difficult in this lockdown situation.
First the battery conked off , I had to replace. Then there was an engine overheat issue , . the car was in service for several days but they couldn't find the actual cause. First they suspected a radiator blockage issue and was cleaned , after 7 days it again occurred , then they thought it was head gasket burning issue and the car was again in service for several days for evaluation. But ultimately they didn't find any issue and the problem then disappeared. Then the right hand side drive shaft failed and I had to replace it. I had replaced the front tyres maybe 10 m back but they had also developed bulges , and the rear tyres were full of patches (never replaced for 85k kms [lol]).
And all of these werent easy because of lockdowns , reduced staff and timings at service centers etc.
Therefore we decided that the Celerio has had enough and new car is warranted.

Top Bottom