Maruti Suzuki Celerio Ownership Review

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Celerio owners club. [:)] I completed the 40k service and now odo is showing almost 42k kilometres. It is a very practical and fuel efficient hatch and my ownership experience has been almost hassle free. And AMT will reduce strain on the driver in city traffic. I am sure you will enjoy a lot with your car. Keep us posted about your ownership experience.
At how many kilometers did you change your enginr oil? And when did you changed from mineral oil to synthetic engine oil? Engine oil grade being 0W20 oil. How can i make sure Maruti Suzuki service center people use that 0W20 oil instead of the old 5W40? I dont trust the service center guys out here, not to impressed with them yet.

Thread Starter #92
Well i serviced at intervals mentioned in the service booklet... 1000km/1m, 5000/6m, 10k/1 yr, 20k, 30k and so on. In all the previous services they put 5w30, but the 40k service they put OW20. But practically i haven't noticed any difference with my car performance. I am also not too sure about the quality of OW20 as it is made by Servo. I think Castrol is much better, but not sure whether they have OW20.
I think the service people wont be that untrustworthy, but if you want to be 100% sure, you can be at the shop floor during the service. Also its better to go to a dealer service center than MASS as your service details will be updated online and you can access them via the maruticare app on your android device.
As for tyre pressure i do use 36/33 but if you feel bumpy, you can use 35/32. Depends how comfortable you are with your ride.

Last edited:
Well i serviced at intervals mentioned in the service booklet... 1000km/1m, 5000/6m, 10k/1 yr, 20k, 30k and so on. In all the previous services they put 5w30, but the 40k service they put OW20. But practically i haven't noticed any difference with my car performance. I am also not too sure about the quality of OW20 as it is made by Servo. I think Castrol is much better, but not sure whether they have OW20.
I think the service people wont be that untrustworthy, but if you want to be 100% sure, you can be at the shop floor during the service. Also its better to go to a dealer service center than MASS as your service details will be updated online and you can access them via the maruticare app on your android device.
As for tyre pressure i do use 36/33 but if you feel bumpy, you can use 35/32. Depends how comfortable you are with your ride.

Thanks for your response. I will consider to verify the ride quality with 35-34/32. And what was your engine air filter and cabin air filter cleaning and replacement intervals? Its very dusty due to bad road conditions so i plan to do a DIY air filter cleaning.

Update: Done with my 2nd free servicing at 5000 km. All the usual stuff. I asked the SA to get my car's engine air filter cleaned but there after no proper communication. Over inflated tyres leading to stiff bouncy ride after servicing. Though of inspecting the Cabin air filter's condition but was surprised to discover that it is missing[surprise]. Is it, that all Maruti Suzuki Celerio does not come with a Cabin Air filter from factory or the service center guys threw it away? Now i am skeptical about the engine air filter cleaning too. They might have skipped it too. :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Done with my 2nd free servicing at 5000 km. All the usual stuff. I asked the SA to get my car's engine air filter cleaned but there after no proper communication. Over inflated tyres leading to stiff bouncy ride after servicing. Though of inspecting the Cabin air filter's condition but was surprised to discover that it is missing[surprise]. Is it, that all Maruti Suzuki Celerio does not come with a Cabin Air filter from factory or the service center guys threw it away? Now i am skeptical about the engine air filter cleaning too. They might have skipped it too. :help:
How to check the cabin filter in Celerio , i took the delivery of my celerio ZXI yesterday .

How to check the cabin filter in Celerio , i took the delivery of my celerio ZXI yesterday .
Congrats on your new Celerio mate. A nice car to have and i was surprised (on a positive note) by its steering response and highway manners compared to my old car, Grand i10. Do update us about your Celerio (upload some pictures[;)]).
To check about the cabin air filter, you need to remove the glove box and once you have removed it, you will find the blower and a flap that covers the place where the cabin air filter should have been present. There are lots of videos on YouTube about the cabin air filter of celerio.

The service center manager told me today that, Celerio does not come with a cabin air filter. Heights of cost cutting i feel.

And no mention of engine air filter cleaning after 5000 km (2nd servicing) on my receipt. So i will get my car to the service center and make them clean in. I will buy a cabin air filter from Maruti service center and will install it myself and also will do some vacuum cleaning of the blower.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #96
I am not sure but , cabin air filter is not absolutely essential as it does not come factory fitted in any maruti car. But they try to force sale it during first service and then change every 10k kms. I had it fitted though and during service i saw that it was really dirty..so there might be some use of it after all. Costs Rs 400/-

Check this thread here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/11452-air-cabin-filter-3.html

ticken , another thing the service center guys skip is tyre rotation unless you really insist.

Last edited:
I am not sure but , cabin air filter is not absolutely essential as it does not come factory fitted in any maruti car. But they try to force sale it during first service and then change every 10k kms. I had it fitted though and during service i saw that it was really dirty..so there might be some use of it after all. Costs Rs 400/-

Check this thread here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/11452-air-cabin-filter-3.html

ticken , another thing the service center guys skip is tyre rotation unless you really insist.
This time i will sneak into the workshop area and the manager's room at regular interval on my 3rd servicing.

I have canvassed for a Suzuki Celerio 2017 version, and paid a reservation fee to a local auto dealership to reserve the unit for me while I prepare some paper works. Yesterday, I was glad to read the URL:

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indu...f-70-vehicle-fuel-economy-run-a00013-20160614

So I made the right reservation fee then. I am a previous owner of a 'Suzuki multicab van type' and am having car overheating problems with my old car. I had a close relationship with my old car and have been together with it through think and thin. From changing of the water pumps rubber tubes that exploded, cleaning the radiator manually, installing a new radiator, replacing the engine air filter, replacing the starter, etc. Everytime I drive, I always watch every minute at the temperature gauge. And I don't just watch in a carefree manner, I watched like an eagle because at any moment the temperature starts to rise from the usual expected, I know that it's that time again. I will have to open the radiator cap, pour-in water into the radiator with the engine running and unscrewing 2 screws at the rear engine to let out air bubbles that have accumulated, which is the cause of the overheat. In the process, I felt like I am becoming a car mechanic as I watch how the fixes gets done and where the steel epoxy gets applied.

It is a manageable routine, because pouring in water into the radiator every other day seems to give me a hassle free daily free ride. Mind you, there is no A/C in this car by the way, but I work at night. Sometimes though, during day rides I arrive home, it's difficult to distinguish wither I came from the swimming pool or from the car. I owned this car for 5 years now, second hand so I estimate that the previous owner owned this for 8 years etc, as it is a surplus car.

It took me a while to decide to buy a new one, because my old car is so cheap, the only expenses I have for it is gasoline and the usual yearly registration fee. The year insurance fee is only the cost of 2 gasoline re-fueling only.

I have learned a lot from this forum, and I will continue to improve my learnings when I will be successful in my purchase of the new Suzuki Celerio 2017 version. Thanks.

Thread Starter #99
My Celerio went for some service today. The clutch had become somewhat hard at 30k km and I was then advised that I would have to change it quite soon. However it held out till the 40k service. Now odo is at 42971 and the clutch had become quite hard and I was afraid it might fail during my highway runs. So went for it at Starburst Maruti dealer service at Kalyani.

Well they said the entire clutch needed overhaul and it took the best part of the day to get the job done. Still they could not replace the clutch cable as they didnt have one in stock for Celerio. The entire job cost Rs 3799 which I thought is on the higher side.

Old clutch assembly and plate
Clutch.jpg

Bill
Bill.jpg

This year I have spent Rs 10k on maintainence of my not yet 3 yr old Celerio. Brake inspection + clean in Jan (cost ~2k) , 40k service in May (cost 4.5k) and now clutch overhaul for 3.8k.
Whoever said maintaining a maruti was cheap![thinking].

Met another Celerio owner whose car was in for 40k service and he too had problems with the clutch and was advised replacement. Something to look out for other Celerio owners.

Anyway , clutch has become much softer now. Lets see if fuel economy improves. In summer with a/c on all the time with city: highway travel around 40:60 ratio , the average fuel econ is showing a steady 17.9 kmpl (meaning actual f.e. is around 1 kmpl less) , which is good enough for me.

Lately I have been driving around a lot in my newly bought swift vxi(o) , in the city and highway , but I gotta say this that when ever I take the Celerio on a highway run , it just brings a smile to my lips. It will raise a few eyebrows but let me tell you that it's acceleration till 80-90 km with only me as the sole occupant (which is mostly the case) is better than the swift. It rapidly attains 80 km ph speed and can cruise effortlessly the entire day like this. The swift is more powerful no doubt , but it requires more accelerator pedal input. The swift may be "lambi race ka ghoda" but the celerio is also a very agile pony [:)]

Also found another Celerio Vdi in the service center after a horrible accident on the highway. Came to know the occupants have survived though , but the car seems like a writeoff.
Cel1.jpg
Cel2.jpg

Hello guys, I've booked Celerio ZXI optional variant MT. My dealer says he does not have the ZXI (O) variant in stock. So delivery might be in last week of August. Can't wait to drive my new car.
I had Hyundai Santro Xing which my dad had bought in 2004. ODO at 97,700 km. My dad liked Celerio car and wanted to buy it for me. He passed away last month. That's why I didn't go for any other car and went directly for Celerio.
Can anybody suggest me any additional accessories that I should go for in Celerio?

Thread Starter #102
Good choice to go for optional variant. Dealers often say that to persuede customers to buy from their stock, but dont compromise. ZXI has got all the available accessories I can think of , only missing the parking sensors. But with celerio , you dont need it.

Good choice to go for optional variant. Dealers often say that to persuede customers to buy from their stock, but dont compromise. ZXI has got all the available accessories I can think of , only missing the parking sensors. But with celerio , you dont need it.
Thanks for the input. There are some 10 thousand rupees of free accessories offer from the dealer. I've the choice of selecting the accessories. I've selected artificial leather seat covers worth of ₹6k (mom wanted them), Reverse parking sensors of ₹3k. Any other accessory which I should go for?

Thread Starter #104
1.Car cover
2. Rear upper spoiler (i fitted this)
3. Back door chrome garnish - neutralises the tall narrow stance , looks more wide and proportionate from the rear (i bought it from amazon , as dealer said it is only available along with entire chrome package, which looks too gaudy )
4. Door visor - if you like them
There are others , see here

1.Car cover
2. Rear upper spoiler (i fitted this)
3. Back door chrome garnish - neutralises the tall narrow stance , looks more wide and proportionate from the rear (i bought it from amazon , as dealer said it is only available along with entire chrome package, which looks too gaudy )
4. Door visor - if you like them
There are others , see here
I've added body cover, Door visors to my list :) btw, how effective are the stock headlight bulbs of Celerio? I saw Philips Xtreme vision bulbs in the accessory list. Should I go for them or the stock ones are alright?

Top Bottom