Maruti Suzuki Celerio Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Re: My Cerulean Blue Celerio VXI - Ownership Review

Have you tried the new Deewars workshop just after the Britannia factory ? Its supposedly the biggest in the city now. I haven't been there myself since I am very happy with Machino at Park Circus.
Cabin filter is required. It prevents a lot of dust coming in specially if you keep the air flow in Fresh air mode. Your interiors will stay cleaner as well apart from protecting your ac.
I too changed my Ritz horns to that of Minda trumpet. Cost me around 600 bucks. But Roots I guess is better so a good change.
I didnt know there is a Dewar's garage workshop there?! Actually its not too near my home. Looks like I missed the Dewars garage workshop but I think I saw a Honda and Volkswagen workshop. Machino park circus workshop is the best in Kolkata I guess. My M-800 used to get serviced there for several years until I found a MASS near my home named A M Automobiles.
I was originally angling for Hella TT as its water proof but the Roots Windtone is very effective![;)]

Thread Starter #32

Ok..finally I did it!
I mean blackened the B pillars and first time too! Ordered some 3D carbon Vinyl from ebay, saw a few videos on youtube and after an hours work , bingo its done!
Its not perfect by any means a few air bubbles and non uniform edges , but I am pretty happy with the effect!

Attachments

Congrats on your purchase, Razor, good results for a first time try and car looks overall good. Last week, I had the opportunity to test drive Celerio as my FIL was thinking about buying an automatic. Celerio was perfectly within our budget limit and i10 was out of it. So, we had only 2 choices to make either Alto K10 AMT or Celerio, and we went for Celerio for its better than Alto at least in space. Interiors are average and no rear spoiler even in VXI variant. We booked it and are expecting delivery by end of first week in April 15. Keeping fingers crossed. I am also looking for suggestions on shops to install ICE here in Bangalore.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Ok..finally I did it!
I mean blackened the B pillars and first time too! Ordered some 3D carbon Vinyl from ebay,
Its not perfect by any means a few air bubbles and non uniform edges , but I am pretty happy with the effect!
A great attempt to begin with buddy.[:)] Seeing this I am reminded of the time when I got the B Pillars of my Ivtec City Blackened from 3M Delhi (Kailash Colony) using same Carbon Fiber Wrap.

photo1121.jpg

photo1122.jpg

As much as it looks good, let me also inform about some short-falls of the same:

* Carbon Fiber Wrap has property to shrink. Matte Black and Gloss Black do not shrink.

* Carbon Fiber Wrap fades away in sunlight after sometime. It turns to Gray shade and color change often doesn't gel with the car's shade.

Regards

Akash

Great post. Congrats on your Celerio.
I am planning to Black out B pillars of my alto. Can anyone point me to DIY?

Thread Starter #36

A great attempt to begin with buddy.[:)] Seeing this I am reminded of the time when I got the B Pillars of my Ivtec City Blackened from 3M Delhi (Kailash Colony) using same Carbon Fiber Wrap.
I would have preferred a professional job from 3M only there are no 3M outlets in Kolkata. A nice learning experience for me nevertheless!

Vinodchandran88, there are some videos on youtube.

Meanwhile my car has now run for over 8650kms (2500 km or so in the last month!)

Had two accidents. One where I had to brake hard to avoid a suddenly swerving autorickshaw in front. I avoided a collision thanks to the excellent brakes on the Celerio , but a fully loaded autorickshaw bumped into me from behind and punctured a neat hole to the right center of my bumper.

Another where my BIL was driving and a Bolero bumped into the left corner of rear bumper and adjoining area .See pix below.

Few problems have cropped up..

1. Rattle from front left door.
2. Loose tension in the drivers seatbelt .
3. Loosening of a small part of left front door handle due to loss of some adhesive

Anyway..thinking of putting her into service soon. Have to fix the bumper too.

Also had fitted remote lock about a month back from Maruti Suzuki One Auto Service. But inspite of telling them to set the sensitivity of shock sensor to the minimum , the alarm is getting tripped occasionally for no reason at all. Thinking of deactivating the shock sensor during next service.

Attachments

Its sad to see car getting damaged due to carelessness of those morons. We find these kind of people everywhere. Look like rear Fender is dislodged..

Can somebody tell what are these two parallel lines I saw in my MID? Is it an error ? Picture attached.This was detected the first time I started the Celerio on the day. Later, it was not there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Anyway..thinking of putting her into service soon. Have to fix the bumper too.

Also had fitted remote lock about a month back from Maruti Suzuki One Auto Service. But inspite of telling them to set the sensitivity of shock sensor to the minimum , the alarm is getting tripped occasionally for no reason at all. Thinking of deactivating the shock sensor during next service.
OMG....It is really painful to see our beloved ride go through in such kind of incident.
Wish your car's speedy recovery.

As I learned from some experienced person always Look out and keep increase distance from Auto Ricksaw , Chota Hati (Tata Ace), Mahindra's Truck (MAX probably) which Carry Milk Supply - You can't predict what they will do and when. And Now add TOTO / Tuk Tuk at the list - Sudden turn from them and entire public will go against the Car owner.

About your alarm sensor....

You can do it by yourself - need to completely turn off (no other way around) - If your security system from Nippon it is quite easy to do it yourself just follow the steps mentioned in the manual. Turning off shock sensor doesn't mean Turning off the security system.

If your system under warranty you can call the respective company to get demo - they will come to your place of convenience for demo and tune up the system for your liking.

I have on question for celerio amt owners. Is extended warranty on car required. It costs 6k extra.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning for Celerio but still confused as I love Ritz at the same time. The only fear that stopping me from buying Ritz is that Suzuki has stopped selling Splash(Ritz in India) outside India as Celerio is a replacement. By doing so, they have streamlined their product line up.

@Razor : You have been driving the car for more than a year now. What would you suggest?

Would Celerio ZXI(O) a good choice ?

Father: Don't like Hyundai brand and he wants me to stick to old trusted Maruti Suzuki. This would be second Suzuki car.

Can somebody tell what are these two parallel lines I saw in my MID? Is it an error ? Picture attached.This was detected the first time I started the Celerio on the day. Later, it was not there.

Please check your user manual, it will have the information about this. Do let us know too about what is it about?

Please check your user manual, it will have the information about this. Do let us know too about what is it about?
Nothing in the user manual.After that day it didn't come also.[surprise].As far as my ownership goes the car sounds like a maruti 800 in bad roads.Don't know from where the sounds are coming. Really miss my Ritz.[cry].

@Akash1886, @generalmax and other celerio owners can you post your ownership experience. It will surely help people like me those who are planning/considering to buy celerio

Celerio overall is good car for city and above average for highway driving. Don't expect the push back feel you get from diesels torqy engine. High way manners are decent. Rear can become bit uncomfortable for 3rd person but still it can accommodate. Luggage space is ok at 281 lt.

Top Bottom