Maruti Suzuki Brezza VDi AMT: Ownership Review

deville_56

Honoured Member

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
This is the engine oil changed in the three services.
10k 15w40 1000rs indian oil
20k 5W30 1800rs indian oil
30k 5W40 2200rs Petronas
3 different services and 3 different grades of oil filled each time!!
That's very weird. You shouldn't have allowed it. Brand change can be understood but playing with grades and recommended specs is bad. What's the actual recommended grade of oil from maruti??

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Grades can be changed if OE company engineers recommend so.
I agree with you but surely they won't recommend change to a new grade at every service of the car , will they?
It all very bad on the part of MASS ,if this random change occurred there.It's like "fill whatever we have in stock( for whatever car in maruti stable),who cares"

Last edited:
Thread Starter #80

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Sorry for late reply , there's no solid update right now. The guy maruti allocated is a nutjob who just wants to evade the wrong doings.

I asked him these questions.

1.They didn't change the fuel filter.
2. Charged me for the fuel filter which was not suitable for the brezza and costed more.
3. Why didn't they change the engine oil ?
4. Please Send me the proper labor rates of maruti.
5. Tell me this if it's alright to change the engine oil viscosity every time at 10k ?
6. I told them to leave all the replaced parts in the car's boot. Why didn't they?
7. They charged me 3.5 liter for engine oil but poured 3.3 liters and kept the remaining 200ml with them. Why ?
8. What extra jobs do you do in 30k kms that you charged 3000 as labor ?

Tell me all the answers or don't bother. I will escalate the issue.
His reply
IMG_20210115_001838.jpg

service centre's reply.

Screenshot_20210115-001852~2.jpg

Now the nutjob maruti assigned has stopped taking any calls or emails all together. Will call their toll free number tomorrow to escalate the issue.

Thread Starter #81

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I am not sure, what I do is - if the brand of the oil is changed itself, I tend to do engine flushing and then change the oil. I think the same applies to viscosity also.
Engine flushing is a different thing altogether. I haven't done engine flushing in any of my car. Some people also say cars with high mileage reading should totally ignore engine flushing.

Fuel filter and oil filter are the commonly scammed ones since no one bothers or it's difficult to check them. Same fuel filter comes in Beat diesel and was scammed by an FNG.
I didn't ask them to change the oil filter. Now I am thinking why didn't I. And yes the mechanic said the filter is new and the green color is because of diesel. I would have believed him if it was not for the date that I saw on the part.

3 different services and 3 different grades of oil filled each time!!
That's very weird. You shouldn't have allowed it. Brand change can be understood but playing with grades and recommended specs is bad. What's the actual recommended grade of oil from maruti??
I agree with you but surely they won't recommend change to a new grade at every service of the car , will they?
It all very bad on the part of MASS ,if this random change occurred there.It's like "fill whatever we have in stock( for whatever car in maruti stable),who cares"
I did tell them to use 5W30 and I was adamant that I won't shift to 5W40. But guess what you are absolutely correct. He clearly said we have only this oil in stock and maruti is giving only this oil.
I asked my FNG mechanic to come and get a 5w30 from the maruti original part supply shop but he was against this . He said I can't say ill words to another mechanic whatever he may have done and I won't come to the centre. Maybe some honor thing or something else.

How come green colored diesel entered into oil filter?

What was their answer on the parts to be left in the boot? They will now cite the pollution law regarding disposal of scrap consumables used in automobiles.

Is an engine flush necessary?
A good engine flush can help loosen deposits and dissolve sludge, returning your engine to like-new condition.
However, in old engines with high miles, sludge may be the only barrier keeping oil from seeping through worn or cracked seals.
Removing the sludge exposes the seals for what they really are – junk. Soon, your engine begins leaking oil, and your mind instantly associates the engine flush product with an oil leak.
In reality, the seals were already bad; the flush simply revealed their true condition.
If you suspect your vehicle falls into this camp, leave well enough alone and skip the engine flush.
It’s probably not worth trying to revive an engine in such poor condition without first fixing the bad seals or other defects.
In effect, you’re choosing your problem: either sludge and deposits robbing performance or if you clean the engine, the seals showing their true condition.
While not a required step when switching to AMSOIL synthetic motor oil, we do recommend flushing your engine if you want to give your vehicle a fresh start. (I think my belief was like this, when we switch brands, or even different viscosity grades, a flush will be a better job).

Source: Engine Flush: Is It Good or Bad for Your Engine? (Plus See How To Do It).

Maybe I might have missed reading, @allhyundaicars - "Sir, had you asked them whether you can source the oil and whether they will do the job?" when they told that they don't have 5W30.

Last edited by a moderator:

deville_56

Honoured Member
I didn't ask them to change the oil filter. Now I am thinking why didn't I. And yes the mechanic said the filter is new and the green color is because of diesel. I would have believed him if it was not for the date that I saw on the part.
Fuel filter or oil filter? They can debate over colour, but the date printed makes it more suspicious. Fast moving parts always have newer dates, especially with such consumable parts. Instead of running behind these ignorant fools, escalate further to MSIL, include about the MS guy also. We got a similar guy in charge of KTM here, always in support of the dealer even when things are clear like daylight.

I asked my FNG mechanic to come and get a 5w30 from the maruti original part supply shop but he was against this . He said I can't say ill words to another mechanic whatever he may have done and I won't come to the centre. Maybe some honor thing or something else.
Ethical guy. My current FNG guy also similar. When asked why, he said they all make a living out of this job and won't do anything wrong to make the other guy's life miserable.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #85

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So nothing has been done from maruti. I was expecting a fast solution but they are keeping mum.

1. The first support guy who calls you have a different number which will only be used to convey one side messages. Ie only he can contact you by calling you or other customers who made a complaint. It will be futile to call back since he will instantly turn the phone off. You cannot contact him ,only he can.

2. I have been complaining constantly on email and phone , talking to different guys , repeating same ordeal. Will continue to do so. Don't want to file a FIR yet or should I ? I don't know if they will.

3. So this is what the service centre did.
Took 1500rs from me for the part they never ordered or changed.
Billed me for another part which they will sell in the open market for maybe 1000rs since the stock will show one part less.
The was told by the same "ethical guy" who didn't come to the service centre. And his known guy does the same in another service centre. So be careful and from now on I will ask them to do the service in front of me. You guys do the same. Every where it's the same story.

How come green colored diesel entered into oil filter?

What was their answer on the parts to be left in the boot? They will now cite the pollution law regarding disposal of scrap consumables used in automobiles.
Sorry for the confusion. The pics are of the diesel filter.
I don't think they have enough brains to use what you said about the pollution law[lol] they stayed mum the whole time. Discussing amongst themselves and stopping as soon as I came.

Is an

Maybe I might have missed reading, @allhyundaicars - "Sir, had you asked them whether you can source the oil and whether they will do the job?" when they told that they don't have 5W30.
Yup I did. They have to buy parts from maruti authorised distributors so he brought a new can within 15 minutes. Since they have to buy from a particular distributor they will have purchase bill as well but in my case there was no purchase bill for the fuel filter.

Fuel filter or oil filter? They can debate over colour, but the date printed makes it more suspicious. Fast moving parts always have newer dates, especially with such consumable parts. Instead of running behind these ignorant fools, escalate further to MSIL, include about the MS guy also. We got a similar guy in charge of KTM here, always in support of the dealer even when things are clear like daylight.
Ethical guy. My current FNG guy also similar. When asked why, he said they all make a living out of this job and won't do anything wrong to make the other guy's life miserable.
I have been calling and mailing everyday and I will continue to do so until they give me a concrete reply.
There's nothing ethical about these guys. They don't want to be blamed for a particular guy to get fired from his job.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
So nothing has been done from maruti. I was expecting a fast solution but they are keeping mum.
I have been calling and mailing everyday and I will continue to do so until they give me a concrete reply.
Just let it go!
Please don't lose sleep over it? It's not worth your and your families precious time and energy. Just curse them(I can sense your anger ) and get it over with.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Just let it go!
Please don't lose sleep over it? It's not worth your and your families precious time and energy. Just curse them(I can sense your anger ) and get it over with.
Yeah. Not worth it.

Been through betrayals many times, both ASC and FNG. Tried my luck escalating, sometimes worked, sometimes not. One of my cousins took it to next level, the consumer court and wasted 2-3 years and money only to get the full bill waived off, which they partially agreed during initial negotiation.

In this case, the car is worked at a non-authorized garage, which makes some of the claims pointless legally.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #89

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Is there any provision for FIR or one has to directly approach consumer court?
I don't have any idea and I am not going to find out either. I will be happy if they return my money back just like hyundai did when they fudged up.

Just let it go!
You are right but I can't let this go [lol] my workplace is 1 hour from my home and each night I get stuck in a jam of 10 minutes and I call them that time. It has become a routine [:D]
Yeah. Not worth it.

Been through betrayals many times, both ASC and FNG. Tried my luck escalating, sometimes worked, sometimes not. One of my cousins took it to next level, the consumer court and wasted 2-3 years and money only to get the full bill waived off, which they partially agreed during initial negotiation.

In this case, the car is worked at a non-authorized garage, which makes some of the claims pointless legally.
It's a maruti authorised service centre and that's why it's bugging me. If it were any other garage I wouldn't even think of it. I don't want to file a case. At this time I only need my money back.
I am planning to visit another service centre so that I get to know what extra work is performed at 30k service.

Top Bottom