Maruti Suzuki Brezza VDi AMT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't know how this car is a family car. With 4 people on board the car feels like driving a truck. Take its own time to accelerate and then the sudden turbo boost spoils the comfort.
The AMT has a disadvantage in this scenario. I can feel the engine is lugging even in 3rd gear which doesn't happen if you drive with 2 people.

The AC is pathetic in Delhi summer days if car is parked outside in the sun. It will take around 15 minutes and blower speed set to max to get in a comfortable temperature.

I noticed one good thing though. Every Car moves a little in first gear without any throttle input , brezza does this too but it doesn't move if a door is ajar. Don't know if this happens in every car.

Odo nearing 8k kms.

Thread Starter #32

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The other day I was driving in slippers , turned on the AC only to find my feet getting cold. I looked at the air flow settings and found it's at position one.
I moved it to the second position and there was no change of throw on my feet. The centre vent started throwing less.
Moved to third position , got full blower speed on my feet.
Again Moved to second position , full blower speed on my feet , some on the centre vent.
IMG_20190614_184840.jpg

This is weird. Will get it checked. Also the steering noise has gone on its own. If someone has a brezza please check.

Took a brief test drive of Brezza AGS today and noticed a very peculiar behaviour. In first gear, the AGS system goes all the way upto 2500 rpm before upshifting even with a light foot on A pedal. Even in manual mode, it would reject my request to upshift below that rpm level. It seemed to be a concern in stop-go traffic as the engine itself sounds very rough when revved at low speeds and drive gets a little jerky in first gear. Atleast with light accelerator input, it should shift to second as soon as possible.

Took a brief test drive of Brezza AGS today and noticed a very peculiar behaviour. In first gear, the AGS system goes all the way upto 2500 rpm before upshifting even with a light foot on A pedal. Even in manual mode, it would reject my request to upshift below that rpm level. It seemed to be a concern in stop-go traffic as the engine itself sounds very rough when revved at low speeds and drive gets a little jerky in first gear. Atleast with light accelerator input, it should shift to second as soon as possible.
Strange, my Nexon XMA shifts quickly to second, and a bit more when I'm exiting a Mall ramp.
Was this a dealer TD car?

Strange, my Nexon XMA shifts quickly to second, and a bit more when I'm exiting a Mall ramp.
Was this a dealer TD car?
Yes, that was a test drive car. Is your Nexon a diesel variant? If yes, then it's quite understandable since that diesel engine has got decent low end torque. But still, I believe Maruti could have tuned it a bit better since even in manual variant, I didn't have to rev it above 2000 rpm before upshifting to second.

I just checked in my car and the first gear indeed upshift near 2500 rpm but to be honest I didn't find it problematic. I didn't even notice it until you mentioned.
Probably you don't face that much B2B traffic, just my hunch. Pune is becoming another Bangalore in terms of worsening traffic situation and I know there would be many occasions when AGS system will have to switch between first 2 gears for extended durations in stop-go traffic. Not just the engine noise, I found the drive in first gear to be a bit jerky due to short ratio and I just couldn't make peace with that given my typical usage scenario.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I live in Delhi and I think traffic might be more than Banglore. As I said I didn't find it as a problem. Will notice the gearshift on traffic and update. But yeah of you are thinking of buying AMT diesel , I won't recommend the brezza. I am thinking of test driving the nexon AMT. Will surely update if I ever do that.
Autocar mentioned nexon diesel Amt to be the best. Car and bike show mentioned brezza's AMT better than the nexon [lol]

Hey hyundaiman's bought a Maruti [:D]
How are you doing. Congratulations for. Brezza
Was just started checking few cars targetting automatic or a light clutch car as my Ritz diesel clutch has become painful with increasing traffic these days.
Checked Scross but horrible power delivery may be due to the effort of increasing mileage, my Ritz has much punch than Scross.
Then went to Honda to check WRV was really impressive with power n driveability.
Next thought of checking brezza AMT but after reading your thread I think I should remove it from my list.
My next TD pending would be Hyundai venue turbo petrol.
Oh sorry I am spoiling your ownership thread. Love to read your experiences of brezza

Yes, that was a test drive car. Is your Nexon a diesel variant? If yes, then it's quite understandable since that diesel engine has got decent low end torque. But still, I believe Maruti could have tuned it a bit better since even in manual variant, I didn't have to rev it above 2000 rpm before upshifting to UOTE]
Yes mine is a Nexon XMA Diesel, just completed a year of ownership with ODO reading 8600, and 3rd service.
True the torque is intoxicating on the Nexon, just completed a 1000k km trip to Kumaon hill, all in auto mode, not once I needed to get in M mode.
You can read up my ownership and voyage posts here.
Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #40

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got the third service done at 10150kms. This service centre didn't push me for any unnecessary add ons. 1400rs bill.

IMG_20190916_100701.jpg

@ gurulla - yes i bought a maruti [lol] there's nothing special about this car , just love the amt in delhi traffic. Make a new thread for your requirements. Will discuss there.

Thread Starter #41

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So in the last service i told them to fix the ac throw issue , they gladly rectified it but made another problem.

Now the centre vents will not blow anything at all unless it's on direct front setting and both the side vents will blow air regardless of any setting , be it at direct leg or defrost mode.
I was avoiding getting it done since I mostly use direct air mode but i think the defrost mode could be a problem in the winters , ie some air is escaping through the side vents which will make defrosting a tad longer.

Will give the car again tomorrow.

Thread Starter #42

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thread Starter #43

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Brezza is munching miles. Crossed 20k kms in 14 months and got the 4th service done today. They have changed the viscosity of the engine oil this time and shifted to semi-synthetic oil.
IMG_20200203_185438.jpg

Top Bottom